car accident

magnolia09

Reaction score
yesterday i was in a pretty serious car accident. some guy ran a red light and slammed right into me. he was going so fast that after he hit me, his truck flipped right over. the front of my suv is so badly smashed in that it had to be towed away. the other guy walked away, but they took me to the hospital - neck brace, backboard, ambulance ride and all, just to be sure.

i'm ok though. a little shoulder soreness, but mostly i was terrified about the baby. they did an internal ultrasound to check things out, but the doctor said by the ultrasound i didn't look pregnant at all, no sack, nothing. of course this was crushing, but he said he'd do some blood work too.

blood work came back at 425 mIU/ml, which he said confirmed the pregnancy, but he also said that i couldn't be as far along as i thought. this would explain not seeing anything on the ultrasound, but its still so scary. my lmp was july 13th and i had what i'm pretty sure was implantation spotting on august 7th, so all i keep thinking is that my calculations can't be that far off.

have to get more blood work done on tuesday. numbers should have doubled twice be then. please keep your fingers crossed for us ladies. so scared that this might just be chemical. :cry:

:hugs: Sorry to hear, glad you are ok though, fingers x'd :hugs:

My fingers and toes are crossed for you... how awful to have to go through all that xx Take care honey xxx

:hug:

I hope that you are ok....and I hope that the baby is alright...

OMG this is terrible. Are you okay? Baby should be well protected, I read about it when I fell down the stairs (twice) and it shouldn't affect anything in the first trimester especially.

Did your doctor did vaginal scan? or regular? is he an obgyn? Or just a regular doctor? You are very early, he should have done a vaginal scan

o my god this iis terrible, hope u feel better. Im sure youve just got your dates mixed up, all will be ok, try stay possitive, my fingers are crossed for you.. xxx

OMG this is terrible. Are you okay? Baby should be well protected, I read about it when I fell down the stairs (twice) and it shouldn't affect anything in the first trimester especially.

Did your doctor did vaginal scan? or regular? is he an obgyn? Or just a regular doctor? You are very early, he should have done a vaginal scan

he was an ER doctor. the ultrasound tech did a regular ultrasound and an internal ultrasound. no interuterine pregrnancy showed on either :cry: trying so hard not to think about this and worry, but it's difficult not to. just praying that i ovulated late or something to explain it. tuesday feels like years away.

you're still very early. Your blood showed the pregnancy so it should all work out. Also only listen to your obgyn and always get second opinions. There were too many stories here about ER doctors and ER in general. I don't remember whose story was that but one doctor even suggested to get rid of the baby because he couldn't find a heartbeat and said that it was an MC. It wasn't, the baby was alive and well. Fingers crossed for you!! You should rest and not worry right now.

Omg. I hope you're ok. I've got my fingers crossed for you come Tuesday. Babies are resillient little things so I hope it all works out for you. :hug:

hi girls. i haven't been posting because i've been feeling so sad and nervous about everything, but i wanted to update a little bit. i have to go back today to have my blood drawn again, so i'm hoping my levels have doubled twice since friday. physically, i'm fine from the accident. emotionally, i can't stop thinking about how they didn't even see a sac on the ultrasound and how my numbers were so low. i keep trying to tell myself that i'm probably just not as far along as i thought, but i look at the dates over and over and it doesn't seem possible. we won't know the results until tomorrow, but at least today is one day closer to knowing something.

thanks for all your sweet thoughts and i hope you are all doing well!

I was 2 weeks behind where I thought I was...and occasionally you can get spotting that isn't related to implementation...

Good luck today at the hospital. Hope all goes well
xx

try to be positive and not stress too much i no its hard . got my fingers crossed for you really hope everything is ok xxxx

I wil keep everything crossed for you. Hope all is well! x

I had a scan today and I wasn't as far along as we thought - it can happen. all the best and good luck. x

I hope you get on OK today. What a terrible thing to have happened to you. I will be thinking of you today and hope that your tests come back OK. Let us know how it goes. x

Glad you are ok from your accident - what a scary thing to have happen to you. I understand you are probably so scared about the baby, but it is most likely the case that its too early on in your pregnancy for them to see anything yet. Try not to worry too much, I know its hard. Good luck and keep us posted with your results when you find out tomorrow.

Oh hun, :hugs: I had my first scan and they saw nothing at all just the sac, i went back 2 weeks later and he said all he could see was the sac and that he thought the pregnancy had ended as he should be seeing more by now. I went for a second opinion and with that scan they saw the baby and heart beat straight away (i was measuring 7+1, 2 weeks less than i thought). Try and be possitive hun, i know how hard it is. I will keep everything crossed for you. Hopefully its just far to early for them to pick anything up. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->