Car seat makes LO too sweaty????

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by SparkleBug, Nov 14, 2011.

1. SparkleBug

SparkleBug Well-Known Member

DOes anyone else have this problem? Our LO gets really fractious and cries in car now as a result. Ive tried cutting down clothes layers and taking off his hat prior to going in it....but he just hates it and once i take him out, his back is wringing thru his clothes and the back of his head sweating! We have a maxicosi pebble and im wondering is it just this brand?? Ive even resorted to putting a/c on in car to soothe him, when its 8 degrees outside!!

Am i alone here? :shrug:

2. Ozzieshunni

Ozzieshunni Guest

Nope, we have the same issue with Alex and we have a mothercare car seat :( It's hard because you want them to be cozy in the winter, but not sweating buckets!

3. tardiz

tardiz mum of 1 :)

We have a mothercare one too and have the same problem. But o don't know what to suggest. Even if I just put him in one layer he gets sweaty. We are lucky that we only have to do short journeys xx

4. BabyBoo36

BabyBoo36 Guest

We have a Norton Storm car seat, and have the same problem. Freya still uses the infant insert which is fleecy, so I wondered if it was that? x

5. numum

numum Well-Known Member

We had this problem so i made a cover for the seat from a cotton cot sheet and some batting. Its helped alot tho she still gets warm on long journeys-if we're going far i always dress her in a babygro and change her a few times en route

6. Lashes85

Lashes85 Mommy to FOUR boys <3

Same thing here, i have a Maxi Cosi Cabrio Fix.
    Vinnie is soaked with sweat from just doing the school run. I have to change him when he gets in his that wet!! I didn't know babys could sweat so much lol. I now have to take him out in just a sleepsuit and blanket, no coat or hat and put the air con on in the car. x

7. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

My daughter was like this in her Graco seat. We used to put a muslin cloth underneath her so that she wasn't against the synthetic cover of the car seat, and it did help.

8. MrsHedgehog

MrsHedgehog Well-Known Member

I think you can buy things to put on the car seat to stop the baby sweating. I've seen them in the shops but can't remember who makes them.

9. darkangel1981

darkangel1981 New Mummy

Yes our seat also makes him sweaty... i used to wrap him up for the car but now i just have him dressed like in the house, and put more clothes on him when we get to the other end or use blankets if im just popping into the shops

10. SparkleBug

I actually tried the muslin thing today and it helped a bit....good to know its not just us having a sweaty boy! Lol! Poor things tho and you think these companies wouldntry and figure out something that was cotton and wicked away moisture just the same.....these synthetic fibres are really bad for making them perspire.....no wonder so many of them hate their car seats!, x

11. DaisyMai

DaisyMai Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Gosh yes our LO gets so warm in the car seat, uncomfortably warm.

I agree, you think a company would come up with a breathable fabric as babies shouldnt get hot.Maybe thats how i could make my millions ?:)

I will get googling and see if theres a liner or anything you can buy

x

12. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

We had a silvercross and she would sweat soooo much,I now have a mamas and papas and she still gets hot but
    nowhere near as sweaty xx

13. MrsHedgehog

MrsHedgehog Well-Known Member

14. SparkleBug

Thanks so much!! Ive messaged the hubby at work with the link.... (hes the penny keeper :haha:) xx

15. lenamar2010

lenamar2010 Well-Known Member

I'm planning to do exactly the same thing. Poor my baby girl!

16. numum

numum Well-Known Member

Ha our los look really similar too!

17. lovelylaura

lovelylaura 3 little girls