Car seat position

msmissa

Mommy of 1 & expecting
Reaction score
I was discussing this with my friend who's baby just turned a month old. Where do you keep your car seat in your car?

We have a small SUV type car, and there's enough space in the back to place LO's car seat in any of the seats. When he was in his infant seat, we kept him in the middle, but now that he's in a convertible car seat (rear facing, of course, til he's 45 lbs), I have him behind the passenger seat, as it's quite difficult to get him in and out of his seat in the center (I'm rather short. Only 5'2")

So, again, where do you have LO's car seat placed in your car?

you should only place baby in the passenger seat in the front if the airbag is disabled. we keep alfie in the middle of the back seats.

<3

Oh no no no lol. He's in the rear BEHIND the front passenger seat. So he's in the back on the passenger side.

My lo is also behind passenger seat, won't ever go in front and will be rear facing for as long as possible.

Sophie's is behind the passenger seat - just in case it's at all safer for her to be on the side that's away from other cars.

A baby should never be placed in the middle back seat no matter how old or what seat they are in!!!!
Nor should an adult sit behind a baby.
X

If OH is in the car, he goes in the back, passenger side, if it's me on my own he comes in the front (airbags ARE switched off!)

A baby should never be placed in the middle back seat no matter how old or what seat they are in!!!!
X

I've always been told/seen people say that hte middle seat is the safest for a baby in a car seat? :shrug:

X

I've always been told/seen people say that hte middle seat is the safest for a baby in a car seat? :shrug:

Agreed! Everyone has always been told here that the middle seat in the back is safest for baby

X

Yes I got told this too with my daughter. The people at mothercare who fitted her carseat put her seat in the middle, as my car had a full seatbelt. The lady said that it keeps LO safe if there is side impact.

Harrison is in the back behind the passenger seat.

My LO is in the back middle seat, the longest seatbelt so the only place her car seat can go lol :flower:

Molly's behind the passenger seat as the Isofix points are only behind the front seats and not in the middle on our car.

Maria is in the middle seat. It said on the car seat instructions that the middle seat is the safest.

The middle IS safest.

However, harrison rides up front with me :)

The middle seat is the safest position in a car. Incase of side impact from another vehicle so mothercare said anyway :thumbup:

<3

I used to work at Mothercare, we were trained for car seat safety by Britax. The safest place in any car in most accidents is the middle rear seat if the has a 3 point seatbelt. I have my youngest in that position in my ford Galaxy.

My sons been in a front facing car seat since 6 months old. He doesn't need to spend his first year in life looking at things backwards. We usually keep him in back on the passenger side just so he doesn't kick the drivers seat. We have a couple classic muscle cars that we take to car shows every week and the back seats are pretty close to the front seats. As for the SUV, I usually put him in back behind the drivers side. An accident is just that, it's gonna happen or not. We can only try to prevent them with defensive driving. I have side curtain airbags that extend to the back,so i'm not worried about where the car seat is. It's just easier to get him in and out the drivers side, and i don't want to crawl half way in the vehicle to reach to get him out! Kills my back in the DD cars, glad we've got the SUV!

My sons been in a front facing car seat since 6 months old. He doesn't need to spend his first year in life looking at things backwards. We usually keep him in back on the passenger side just so he doesn't kick the drivers seat. We have a couple classic muscle cars that we take to car shows every week and the back seats are pretty close to the front seats. As for the SUV, I usually put him in back behind the drivers side. An accident is just that, it's gonna happen or not. We can only try to prevent them with defensive driving. I have side curtain airbags that extend to the back,so i'm not worried about where the car seat is. It's just easier to get him in and out the drivers side, and i don't want to crawl half way in the vehicle to reach to get him out! Kills my back in the DD cars, glad we've got the SUV!

Seriously?!
Irrisponsible.
I cant even write what i wanna say, im gobsmacked.

My sons been in a front facing car seat since 6 months old He doesn't need to spend his first year in life looking at things backwards. We usually keep him in back on the passenger side just so he doesn't kick the drivers seat. We have a couple classic muscle cars that we take to car shows every week and the back seats are pretty close to the front seats. As for the SUV, I usually put him in back behind the drivers side. An accident is just that, it's gonna happen or not. We can only try to prevent them with defensive driving. I have side curtain airbags that extend to the back,so i'm not worried about where the car seat is. It's just easier to get him in and out the drivers side, and i don't want to crawl half way in the vehicle to reach to get him out! Kills my back in the DD cars, glad we've got the SUV!

In the nicest way possible, i hope you realised how much danger you put your LO in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->