• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

car seat question?

ashnbump

Mum to Kara & Pregnant!
Reaction score
when are you putting the car seat in the car? :blush:

i didnt get chance with DD because she was in SCBU for 2 weeks lol, so with things looking good so far for this baby, im wondering what to 'do' with the car seat?! :dohh:

should i leave it in the bag and put it in the car boot with my hospital bag?

what have/are you doing with yours?xx

Mine is in baby's room. Hubby will bring it to hospital once we get the all clear to go home x

Leaving it at home, dh will install it before he comes to pick me and baby up.

mines is in my car clipped into the base already.

Ours is just the seatbelt one so will leave it at home until it's time to leave the hospital xxx

looks like it being at home is probably the best option then! We are fairly limited on space though! such a silly thing to have to decide about lol!x

We're leaving ours at home and hubby will bring it when baby and I are ready to come home :)

Ours is in the cot at home, don't want it in the car until we're using it in case we are in an accident- we'd have to buy a new one without even using the first one!

Ours is in the cot at home, don't want it in the car until we're using it in case we are in an accident- we'd have to buy a new one without even using the first one!

this is exactly what i was thinking! hopefully it'll never happen tho as we have DD in the car too!xx

Ours is sitting in the spare room! When I pack my hospital bag I will put that with it and we will take it to the hospital when we go. Im taking mine as we go as I dont intend on staying in for long after birth so will need it to be allowed straight home :D xx

i hope to stay in for one night at least, but no more than two! I was just worried for OH as he will have a lot to do whilst im in, and of course he will be watching DD too, so i wanted to make it as easy for him as physically possible!

i think in our situation it would be more 'convinient' to just leave it in the packaging and stick it in the car boot (we have a vauxhall zafira so space in the boot is deffo not an issue lol!) but as said above i would be worried incase we did have a bump and then the car seat would be no good! (im not sure but i think we MIGHT have a policy that covers car seats, or have i just imagined that lol!) x

Ours in in the car, ready to go, but that was mainly due to us not knowing how to install it so once we figured it out we didn't want to move it. We have one that clicks into a base. :)

I'm going to install it once it gets here next week, just so we know it works/etc. in case it needs to be sent back. . .and then we'll uninstall and store them in a closet until I'm 36 weeks, at which point the base for our infant seat will be installed. Then, when I go into labor, my husband can just snap the infant seat in and off we go! :)

Ours is still in the loft since Harvey moved into a bigger car seat. It hadn't even occurred to me that we'll need to get it down :dohh: We'll probably put the base in around 37 weeks and then OH will bring the actual seat when it's time for us to come home from hospital.

Ours is ready with my hospital bag to be taken with us when i have to go into hospital as im hoping i dont have to stay in overnight x

I'm planning on getting my base to the seat in the car soon. Probably this weekend. That way hubby doesn't have to struggle with it and I know it's in there good and tight too :thumbup: But I'll leave the car seat itself sitting in the house and we'll take it to the hospital with us when I go into labor.

I'm also planning on just installing the base within the next week and leaving the actual seat next to my hospital bag so it can just be grabbed when we're on our way.

Depends what car you have. You can google your car type and car seat. I dont remember the site now...

thanks for all your lovely replies ladies :thumbup:

OH decided he wants it in the car in the packaging in the boot, just so its one less thing he has to worry about (he is very forgetful and easy to confuse lol) bless him! i wont argue though, if its easier for him, and at least i KNOW he cant leave without it then!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"