Car seat

krys

Madi's Mommy
Reaction score
Anyone figured out what kind of car seat you plan on getting? I've been looking for HOURS. Can't decide.

We've always used Graco. I love their cars seats. The first one was a SnugRide (infant) and then we got a ComfortSport (convertible). :)

We've always used Graco. I love their cars seats. The first one was a SnugRide (infant) and then we got a ComfortSport (convertible). :)

Are you going to get an infant seat this time? Is Tori still in her comfortsport?

Are you going to get an infant seat this time? Is Tori still in her comfortsport?

I think so. Probably another travel system set. No, we trashed that one after my accident. We bought an Argos 70. Pricey but goes from newborn all the way to backless booster!

I think so. Probably another travel system set. No, we trashed that one after my accident. We bought an Argos 70. Pricey but goes from newborn all the way to backless booster!

I might just get a convertible, if I can find one I like! I like the Argos 70, but idk how it would fit next to Madi's and I want to put them next to each other. Is it really big?

I might just get a convertible, if I can find one I like! I like the Argos 70, but idk how it would fit next to Madi's and I want to put them next to each other. Is it really big?

Not really! I think you said you have a large backseat? It only takes the width of the seat. :)

Not really! I think you said you have a large backseat? It only takes the width of the seat. :)

Yes, it's pretty big! I have lots of room between the front and back, but the seats are regular width. I think I might actually get that, especially with the great reviews I just read! I might even get Madi one to match lol

Dangit, that one says 20-120lbs. Which is awesome that it goes up to 120, but I'd have to get an infant one first. The classic snugride is only 12.5lbs though, so I wouldn't mind carrying it as much if I got that first! Madi's infant seat was over 20lbs, way too heavy.

Yes, it's pretty big! I have lots of room between the front and back, but the seats are regular width. I think I might actually get that, especially with the great reviews I just read! I might even get Madi one to match lol

I love it! We bought 2, one for each car. I'll probably get another after #2 outgrows their infant seat!

Dangit, that one says 20-120lbs. Which is awesome that it goes up to 120, but I'd have to get an infant one first. The classic snugride is only 12.5lbs though, so I wouldn't mind carrying it as much if I got that first! Madi's infant seat was over 20lbs, way too heavy.

Oh damn. I thought it was rear facing. Infant carriers are nice for shopping trips, especially if they latch on strollers! That's so heavy! Well, the ComfortSport was nice. Not bulky like the MyRide, those are huge. We'd still be using it if I didn't have that accident but I do love the Argos.

Oh damn. I thought it was rear facing. Infant carriers are nice for shopping trips, especially if they latch on strollers! That's so heavy! Well, the ComfortSport was nice. Not bulky like the MyRide, those are huge. We'd still be using it if I didn't have that accident but I do love the Argos.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be wearing this baby a lot! I think I might still get an infant seat though, because I haven't found any convertible ones that I like enough for newborns.

We have the Graco snugride 30 and the Eddie Bauer XRS 65 convertible. I LOVE the Myride 65 but it was way too big for our car.

The comfy carry elite, chicco keyfit, and graco 30 and 35 are usually good infant buckets.
If you would like a convertible that is good from birth I would look at the diono radian (any model) graco size4me 70 (and clones- different stores/names), the chicco nextfit, evenflo sureride/titan 65, maxi-cosi pria 70 with tiny fit just to name few that are convertibles that fit newborns well.

You have to be careful as some of the convertibles as well as the infant seats don't have low enough slots for the straps to be below the shoulders when you put the baby in. The classic snug ride (22lb version) is one of these.

I have no idea. I work at walmart in customer serive and Graco has the most recalls so I try to stay away from them.

I think I'm just going to get an infant seat for now. I like the Evenflo Embrace 35. My daughter has two Evenflo seats, and we really like them.

I did a lot of research on car seats with dd but that was 5 years ago. At that time evenflo infant seats were not rated very well and seem more cheaply made to me. Graco and chicco were consistently rated better. Graco I personally think has the best safety ratings for the $$. Some seats are so expensive and not any safer (eg britax infant seat, peg perego). But for convertible I love our britax marathons and well worth the $$ since you get many years out of it and can get good deals online.

Safety was our primary concern so we are going with an infant seat for now and will upgrade later. We bought the chicco key fit 30 as part of the cortina travel system as it was rated high by consumer reports, well reviewed by users and worked as a travel system (which was also rated high by CR and well reviewed by users as a system) which OH really wanted. Helps that we got an amazing deal on the complete travel system at 50% off new at Babies'R Us yesterday!

I have the maxi cosi citi this time as it fits onto my pram. Last time I used a graco one for the same reason, It was an Isofix one with the base so that was good but it was so bulky and heavy. The maxi cosi is very lightweight.

I got the Aton car seat with a base. I chose it because I wanted to be able to use the same car seat on the mamas and papas pushchair.

I currently have the Britax Marathon convertible car seat. My 15 month old is very comfortable in it and since it can rear face up to 40lbs and 49 inches I am planning on having him rear facing until at least 2 years old. Britax is a leader in the industry when it comes to safety features. I chose my Marathon because of the safety features (like side impact protection, integrated steel bars, and energy absorbing versa tether), the ease of install, and the price. Their website has a bunch of information on all of the different seats that they offer. They also have this great interactive "Fit My Child" application on their website that can guide you through choosing a seat that works best for you. They have a wide variety of seats at different prices, so finding one that is affordable for you is easy. Also you can find great deals at online retailers and places like Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us will usually price match. We will definitely continue to be a Britax family, which is why I love that they also make boosters! I am a member of the BRITAX Safety Squad - opinions expressed here are my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->