car seats?

bexie1985

Reaction score
the last big thing to buy on our ist is the car seat, which im so confussed about. Last time round with my daughter we got a travel system with car seat in it so we never had to buy one seperately. We have the bugaboo bee buggy this time (which does not come with a car seat) but the maxi cosi car seat does fit in it if u buy extra bits.

Ive been looking at the maxi cosi car seat and its not too badly priced (ive found it in john Lewis for £99) but then i scrolled down and saw that theyre is a maxi cosi base you have to buy aswell at £80?? im not really wanting to spend £180 on a car seat? and im not too bothered about having it fit in my buggy, but i just cant find a reasonably priced one that i like?? HELP ME!!

xx

Hi,

I had this problem with the maxi cosi car seat as we bought the icandy cherry but thought £180 for the seat and base was a tad expensive, I managed to get a car seat on ebay for £40 including postage all i have to buy are adapters to fit the pram, so if you dont mind a 2nd hand one id recommend ebay

Hazel x

We've just bought the maxi cosi cabrio fix and u don't need the base for it according to the guy in halfords? We've not had the demo fitting yet as hubby wasn't with me but I'm sure u won't need the base.

You don't need the base - you can just secure the seat in the car with the seatbelt if you want to.

You don't need the base for the Maxi Cosi. We bought it because it has Isofix and our car is Isofix compatible. Wish I'd managed to get it for £80 though, paid £115 in Mothercare and £105 for the car seat :growlmad: xx

I was told that it depends on the kind of car you have. With some cars you can use the car seat without the base but I would check that it is compatible first.

We have bought the bugaboo cameleon and maxi cosi car seat. Luckily the car seat will go in our car without the base so we are going to see how we get on with it and buy it if I find it too difficult without.

We bought the base from Ebay, for £35 :thumbup:. It was like new and less than half the price, but as others have said you dont need to have the base, but it is so easy to use with the base, there is no fiddling with seatbelts whatsoever :thumbup:(one of my best buys). There are also two types of base, depending on whether your car has isofix built in or not. Ours doesnt, so we had to buy the Easybase, which uses the seatbelt to secure the base into the car. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->