Car Seats ..

KeirasMummy.

Expecting A Little Girl
Reaction score
Sooo me & the OH have just been up to babies r us & were looking at travel systems etc .. as alot are on sale atm, we tried out 3 different car seats, first one we used the seat belt to hold it in & found it seemed to wobbly so we tried one of the fixed things that only comes with Graco ones .. was better but still seemed a little unsteady & then finally we tried the Isofix thing which was the best one however still moved quite abit :S

Plus we have airbags in the back & front & need to find out if the ones in the back can be switched off ..

Just wondered what everyone else has gone with car seat wise & if anyone has any advice .. ?

xxx

Hi Hun we have gone with the maxi cosi car seat with isofix base. You can turn your air bags off as it's not safe to have them on. The isofix should be fixed as such so shouldn't move around. We struggled to get the base in our car so got the shop to fix it for us.
Hope you find one you like hun x

Yeah we found the isofix was the most secure so will probs go with that, was just wondering if anyone else was a bit surprised by how unsafe some seemed to be :/ I expected them to all be pretty secure

We actually have our insurance company run workshops for car seats and they help advise you in terms of installation. Every car seat we have ever used is secure ish but they are supposed to move just a little. We used a graco one up till 6 months and then britax marathon from then onwards.

With the bases for the car seats, were you using the seatbelt to hook it up or the things that are like... inside the seat? Idk what they're called :wacko: DH put our Graco carseat base in using the things that are inside the seat and it is in there TIGHT. It won't budge!

I took a car seat class and was showed by someone whose job is to install carseats and teach people how to do it and they said with your weaker hand, near where the seat is anchored down (near seatbelts) try to move the seat- it should move an inch in any direction- it is then "safe."
She said there is supposed to be play and movement in them as if they are stiff and don't move at all they aren't really going to do their job in an accident. I know in the US you can go to the sheriffs at any time and they will check to make sure your car seat is "properly installed"

ive got the maxi cosi seat without the base as it was the only one to fit in my car. it fits really well though, nice and secure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->