Carb free diet?

Mummy2B21

Mum of Two
Reaction score
Im gonna try a Carb free diet, only thing is im finding it hard for inspiraion on what i can eat that dont contain carbs, can anyone recommened some carb free dinners?

Also is carb free diets any good? I know there is also a carb only diet would that be better than a carb free diet?

I didn't want to read and run, it might be worth googling hun. Personally, i could not go without carbs, they seem to keep me going!! lol x

Carbs are very important, i feel need have them in your diet.

Their is plenty people on here who disagree with that.

Ive been on low carb diet last year, felt terrbile! My lack of energy was shocking, headaches, moods just wasnt for me, i craaved bread like was no tomorrow.

However after messing around with my carb intake i know my body doesnt like to many carbs so i keep mine lower than i should be still enough to get my energy.

Look up the P90x diet guide and read the "fat shredder" section.
That is an example of a low carb/high protein diet with lots of recipes to help you. However, it is designed to be used in conjunction with a fairly intense workout regime.
And I second what MummytoAmber said - don't cut out carbs completely. Trust me - you will feel awful. And it won't stay off.

Carb diets are not really healthy. To have a healthy balanced diet you need a mixture of protein, carbs and fats in your diet.

Carbohydrate is the body's primary energy source. It is not only important to provide fuel for the working muscles, but is also essential for the central nervous system. As the brain uses glucose as its energy source, a lack of this can result in weakness, dizziness and low blood sugar. Reduced blood sugar during exercise decreases performance and can lead to mental and physical fatigue and low blood sugar levels across the day result in poor energy and heightened cravings for sugary foods.

Ideally, each meal in the day should contain low Gl carbohydrates, avoiding more sugary carbohydrates that can result in inflammation in the body and lead to fluctuating energy levels and further sugar cravings.

Fast weight loss tends to result in a rebound effect, which is where calorie intake dramatically increases and weight goes up. Normally, when people try to lose weight too quickly calorie intake is very low. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to sustain and people gain weight very quickly afterwards. The low calorie intake can also slow down the metabolism, making further weight loss harder.

I ripped up for 4 days before a competiton and ate nothing but protein, believe me it was horrible.

Carb diets are not really healthy. To have a healthy balanced diet you need a mixture of protein, carbs and fats in your diet.

Carbohydrate is the body's primary energy source. It is not only important to provide fuel for the working muscles, but is also essential for the central nervous system. As the brain uses glucose as its energy source, a lack of this can result in weakness, dizziness and low blood sugar. Reduced blood sugar during exercise decreases performance and can lead to mental and physical fatigue and low blood sugar levels across the day result in poor energy and heightened cravings for sugary foods.

Ideally, each meal in the day should contain low Gl carbohydrates, avoiding more sugary carbohydrates that can result in inflammation in the body and lead to fluctuating energy levels and further sugar cravings.

Fast weight loss tends to result in a rebound effect, which is where calorie intake dramatically increases and weight goes up. Normally, when people try to lose weight too quickly calorie intake is very low. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to sustain and people gain weight very quickly afterwards. The low calorie intake can also slow down the metabolism, making further weight loss harder.

I ripped up for 4 days before a competiton and ate nothing but protein, believe me it was horrible.

Yeah I did a psmf (practically carb and fat free diet) for 5 weeks and ended up with an eating disorder for a year. Its true, the rebound from carb free diets are fierce. I wouldn't recommend it.

I watch my carb intake and eat stuff like meat and veg only for dinner, not everyday, about 3 times a week. Also steamed fish with loads of veg, steak and veg, any meat really, just leave out the potatoes. :flower:

You dont have to do a completely carb free diet as you will feel ill. Just alternate each day, some days have some, some days dont, its not as drastic as carb free. It makes you feel horrible. :flower:

Carbs are essential for overall health.

Now, I'm not saying you need to eat bread, pizza, etc. but there are still many carbs in healthy dairy products, vegetables, etc.

Just make sure your carb choices are good ones - ones that help you stay on track. For example, a cup of lentils has half as much protein as carbs, so using lentils instead of a slice of white bread still contains carbs for health but is a better overall choice.

carb free diets are ridiculous, you need cardbs, what do you think veg are?

carbs are good when eaten right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"