Carbonated/Sparkling Water?

AmberS

Reaction score
Is carbonated/sparkling water ok to drink while pregnant? Usually I know what I should/shouldnt drink but because it kinda has that diet taste to it and I know you're not supposed to drink anything diet during pregnancy I wasnt sure.

Thanks in advance :) :hugs:
-Amber

I dont know for definate but I would have thought its absolutely fine, I've drunk it! I've also drunk diet drinks... whats wrong with diet drinks? Surely they're ok in moderation?x

Of course carbonated water is fine!! The only possible issue with diet drinks is the sweetener in them, it depends on whether you believe they can cause birth defects or not, the evidence is mixed and fairly poor to be honest. I don't think the odd can here and there would be enough to cause a problem.

Aspartame is also present in a lot of cordials or squashes too so be sure to check the label that includes the ones with sugars I have found it's generally the high juice ones that don't and 7-up seems ok too.

yeah theyre fine aslong as they dont have aspartame in them :) it was all i drank in the early stages as i was trying to wean myself off diet coke :haha: x

i used to hate sparkling water and this pregnancy is all i can drink!!!it's absolutely fine!!xxx

carbonated water is just water and fizz... theres nothing in it. Ive been drinking it like its about to run out because it stops heartburn, its alkali

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->