Carpal Tunnel already?

samela101

Reaction score
My dominant wrist started hurting really bad yesterday, a little sore on the other wrist. I don't get numbness or tingling though. Is that still carpal tunnel? Ice helped during the day, it was hard to get comfortable with ice at night though. I suppose I'll take some tylenol. I've also wrapped it in an ace bandage semi-tight and that seems to be helping.

My main question, how long?? I saw its pretty common later in pregnancy, but for those who have had in the in the first trimester, how long did it last? Obviously it can vary, but maybe an average estimate?

ps. still better than morning sickness, which seems to have left me alone today :) I do feel like I am falling apart though, sore boobs, EXHAUSTION, nausea, and now this and I am only 6 weeks! Oh and I got really sick 2-3 weeks before conception and am still semi-sick (sore throat, mucus that makes me gag)

My carpal tunnel gets worse while I'm pregnant. I have it occasionally when I'm not, usually only after heavy lifting or a lot of strenuous activity, but when I'm pregnant, I get it simply from reading a book (holding the book makes my wrist hurt) or typing on a keyboard. Simple day to day tasks that normally wouldn't affect it.

With my first, I only had it in the third trimester. With my second, I had it starting in the second trimester. With this one, I have it already. It usually lasts throughout the rest of pregnancy, off and on unfortunately.

Try massaging your neck. A lot of the time one does not have carpal tunnel, but a tight muscle pinching a nerve in the neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->