Carrycot dilema

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Faerie, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

I bought my iCandy apple carrycot and pram 2nd hand. They told me they'd only used the carrycot for a month (they bought a different pram) but I was still thinking I should buy a new mattress. Would you?

I've found one online but it has all these options like whether to have ventilation holes or not and I have no idea what's best - can anyone help?

https://www.babymattressesonline.co...ax-foam-mattress-to-fit-icandy-2-product.html

2. jellyk

jellyk Well-Known Member

I would defo get a new mattress to be safe and would probably have the pvc thing as it is free, have the standard cover and have vent holes all over - again no extra!

3. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

i wudnt get a new one, ive read aslong as the pram matteress is clean with no rips in there fine to use 2nd hand, but cots are different x
    this is just my own opinion,but no i defo wudnt, i wud just put a fitted sheet over it x

4. danni2609

danni2609 Guest

I would too as they mould to ur babys shape really quick

5. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

To be honest I probably wouldn't worry so much except that I am planning on using the carrycot as a place where the baby sleeps in the day, plus when we go on holiday in June that's where the baby will sleep. So I guess I've answered my own question and I'll be getting a new one! Thanks for your help.

6. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

i would get a new mattress. i'm being given my moses basket by a good friend but i still intend getting a new mattress.