Carrying and lifting things?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies im wondering if you have stopped doing things like carrying toddlers, carrying shopping, pushing the shopping trolley? Carrying the hoover up the stairs? Or have you all carried on doing these things?

In my last pregnancy i stopped doing everything as im a high risk pregnancy for preterm birth anyway but in wondering if its normal to carrying on keep doing things, especially women who are still at work and caring for young children.

I have a nearly two year old and i cant stop picking him up as i care for him all day alone so i need to pick him up to put him in and out of the car and in and out the cot. I also still need to do all the shopping and take my little girl to and from school so im very active and always carrying or pushing heavy items. Everything i have read scares you saying you should not lift things or carry shopping etc as it can cause misscariage but surely we cant just lay down and do nothing?

What is everyone else still doing?

I personally carry on as I did before hun, and I'm considered high risk after multiple losses, a second tri loss and now a separation of the placenta. I mean I try to take it easy but it's just not possible, there's things that need doing. My consultant never advised me agaisnt lifting anything till the separation but then i had to say to him 'well are you gonna pay for a full time housekeeper for me?', I mean my dh works long hours. No lifting what so ever isn't possible. I just carry on as much as normal. With the exception of very heavy lifting. That waits for dh when he gets home. Im sure you will be fine just doing normal everyday things your body is used to :)

I have three children (also high risk of prems and have issues with my blood that affects it ) and honestly I've carried on everytime with my second I moved a fridge and was up ladders painting the day before I had her ! And this time I've been moving wardrobes and beds around (moving my house about ) although my sister is pregnant and she won't lift a her own arms up let alone anything else so I think everyone goes at there own rate don't get me wrong I'm still careful not to over do it but I don't see the point in being lazy and making people do everything for me unless I have too !

I've been told its fine to continue doing what you were before butheo listen to your body for strain etc. You are more likely to pull muscles/strain because of the increased progesterone.

I am carrying on as before. My toddler is still demanding to be picked up lots!

I'm not high risk (as far as I know!) I'm carrying on as before, I'm home with my son all day and he still wants carrying, cuddles, help getting in and out his car seat etc. If I'm with dh he does the heavy stuff for me but 9/5 it's just me.
I'd wait till he got home to carry the vacuum upstairs though, then suggest he does it anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->