Cart before the horse...but thoughts on PGD?

Tammerzann

Reaction score
I know this is definitely putting the cart before the horse because all we have so far is :spermy: on ice but DH and I have been discussing PGD and whether or not to do it.

Quick story: DH and I are both CF carriers. We recently had his MESA procedure done and like I mentioned above we have :spermy: on ice and are waiting until late 2014 or early 2015 to start IVF.

The hard part in this whole story is whether or not to do PGD on any embryos we are able to make.

I worry that PGD would weaken the embryos and make a BFP even more difficult to even happen than it already is. Not to mention the added cost that I've seen of upwards of $4000 (on top of the salty IVF prices). I know there's no price too high to make a healthy baby. But I'm scared that if we do PGD and I don't end up with a BFP that I will always wonder if the PGD is the reason that it didn't "take".

I just wanted to start a forum and see if anyone else has had to make this decision or has made the decision and what their feelings are on it.

So please feel free to share your thoughts. (Even if you don't have to make this decision feel free to share your thoughts) Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"