• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Caster oil views???

kaye22

Mam to little boy
Reaction score
Ive heard caster oil can help to induce labour what are your views on this method?
Apparantly you put 3 table spoons into orange juice or something
Has anyone heard of this or has this actually worked for anyone?
Thanks x:flower:

it is a definate no no from me i am afraid x

I have only heard that it gives you dihorrea and sickness, I don't think it's recommended x

I tried it at 40 weeks and it did nothing for me.

I only heard about castor oil recently, but I also only heard bad things about it. It can be effective at inducing labour, but can also cause things to happen too fast, which leads to complications and interventions.

id say its a big no no for me the risks way out the pros! it can make the baby poop inside of u if that gets into the babys system it can be very dangerous it can make u dehydrated an also put the baby in distress xx

I tried it at 42 weeks with baby # 1 and all I got was dihorrea... But some say it works...But it did not for me

I am speaking from experience hun dont take it its not recommended x

I agree with the others - it's really not recommended. It can lead to dehydration in both mother and baby, and therefore complications and intervention. I certainly wouldn't go near it!

My midwife strongly advised against it so I googled it and found that sure enough it is a toxic substance.
I'd say at best the side effects sound unpleasant and at worst it could be highly dangerous and I would advise not to go there , sorry x

I don't think you're going to get any positive responses for this one I'm afraid! As the other ladies said, it is a known & proven fact that yes, it can be effective but can be even more dangerous so should be avoided.

wouldnt touch it, it works by causing the bowel to cramp and contract which then has the same effect on the uterus, not safe

It doesnt work for everyone, another one of those "if the baby and your body aren't ready it wont work" ways to induce(I think they are all like this though lol). I have tried it before, it did give me runs and I was miserable during it but I did have contractions sometime after that lasted about 6hrs then fizzled out. So it did something but didnt put me in actual labor.

Be careful with this method(& im sure someone mentioned it on here already) diarrhea causes dehydration so if you choose to try this drink plenty of fluids before, during & after.

The dehydration is a massive no no in itself but it can pass through to baby leading to the baby opening it's bowels inside you. No amount of discomfort in pregnancy is worth the complications that can arise should your baby swallow meconium. (In my opinion)

My niece tried this Thursday as she was overdue and was getting impatient. It did work unfortunately things happened really fast and she ended up giving birth on her bathroom floor so I'd avoid it at all cost :nope: BTW baby is healthy and doing good :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"