Castor oil

thats what i thought when i read it...didn't really think it would work but it did :) x

I used castor oil with my second son when i went a day over, I knew he'd be around 10 pounds or more and didnt ant him getting any bigger! I had a homebirth, he was 9 lb 12 oz, he was perfectly pink and healthy. I only had gas and air, and then nothing for the last few hours. There was no meconium, breast feeding was a dream, i dont recall feeling dehydrated at all, guess i must have drank plenty of water.

I do think the labour was longer than my first because I started myself off though! my cervix dilation was slow. So I would be considering all other options first. I like the massage into your bump idea :) and sex! didn't really have the option of that in my last 2 pregnancies, but I will be enjoying this method 3rd time around!

Castor oil worked for me!! Although i didn't ingest it...i massaged it into my bump, can't remember were i read, but apparently massaging castor oil into your bump stimulates contractions without the vomiting and diarrhoea, and is safer than ingesting it.
I massaged it into my bump four times during the day (wed) and tightenings started more or less straight away...then the pains started coming at 6.30am thursday and he was born at 8.33am...and was absolutely fine...came screaming into the world :)

Castor oil "works" by irritating the bowls (as does curry) which then in turn stimulate the uterus - how can it do this from the outside?? major coincidence there me feels!

As with all of these methods, they wont work unless your body is already ready. And then who's to say that you wouldnt have gone into labour anyway...

Nobody will stay pregnant forever and for most, will only be a matter of waiting a few days, just let nature take it's course!

(However there is no harm in trying the fun ones like sex and nipple stimulation after a good walk!!)

like i said i read it somewhere and thought it was worth a try...maybe my body was ready anyway...could of been a coincidence that tightenings started straight away, i was just giving my experience on the stuff!
And it could be worth a try...maybe its just the massage that worked? who knows!

Thank you for your input ladies but I have decided I am not going to use the stuff, I would much rather be safe than sorry :)

x

like i said i read it somewhere and thought it was worth a try...maybe my body was ready anyway...could of been a coincidence that tightenings started straight away, i was just giving my experience on the stuff!
And it could be worth a try...maybe its just the massage that worked? who knows!

Sorry, I think that I must have been feeling a bit crappy when writing that, I honestly didn't mean it to come out as harsh as it obviously did :flower:

Sorry, I think that I must have been feeling a bit crappy when writing that, I honestly didn't mean it to come out as harsh as it obviously did :flower:

don't worry about it hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->