Cat expert needed!

xxembobxx

Reaction score
We have two female cats. Both were spayed about a year ago and yet one of them still comes into heat every few months.
It's getting so annoying. She squeals to go out and then squeals because the tom cats are pinning her down.
We have 3-4 tom cats around the house each time and they have sprayed the front and back doors a few times which stinks :growlmad:
Had a google to see if there is something the vet can give her to stop it and it just seems to point to the fact the spay was incomplete.
Has anybody else had this problem? Any advice would be greatly received.

I would take her back to the vet - something doesn't sound right there hun.

Yeah I'm starting to think so too lol.
The spay must have worked as she hasn't had kittens thank goodness!

Yeh defo take her back. Thats not right, poor thing. :flower:

We had this problem a few years ago with our female cat. She was a stray and we were told she was spayed by the previous owners who had left her. :cry:

We thought again when we kept having tom cats hang around our drive whilst she sat on a bin looking scared. Since moving away, we've had no problems.

I read at the time that tom cats can go wierd around spayed females so could be that. Poor kitty x

We thought again when we kept having tom cats hang around our drive whilst she sat on a bin looking scared. Since moving away, we've had no problems.
I read at the time that tom cats can go wierd around spayed females so could be that. Poor kitty x

Oh dear - it's a bit drastic to move house! That's not really an option for us.
I have considered giving all the toms a neuter but that's overstepping the mark a bit lol

It is possible that when she was spayed a small piece (can be miniscule) of the ovary was left behind. The uterus would have been removed completely so she can't become pregnant but will still be experiencing the hormones related to a season.
Unfortunately, the only real option is another surgical procedure, (which your vet should do free of charge!) to locate and remove the ovarian remnant.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->