Catching that first egg! TTC while breastfeeding. Anyone else?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My baby girl turned three months old today, I'm breastfeeding her and haven't got my periods back yet, but we're already TTC/NTNP for our next and last baby. We always wanted a tiny gap between our second and third babies. After I had my son I didn't get my period back till I'd completely finished breastfeeding at 13 months (period came back at 14 months). I plan to feed my daughter up to 12 months too, so we may be waiting a while before number three comes along.

Anyone else breastfeeding and waiting for their first pp ovulation and period? Fancy waiting if out together?

ME!!!!! I'm ebf my 4 month old DD, our daughters are close in age!!! Me and dh are ttc our second and possibly last :cry: , we both came from families with siblings very close in age,we Hope to be the same, my DD has been sleeping through the night 11-12 hours for almost 8 weeks now, but still no Af, hoping it comes soon.. have had reddish -pinkish cm yesterday and today, but no cramping or any other signs of af... I'd be glad to wait it out with you!

Me!! I am still BFing my 6.5 month old dd. Had my first pp AF but since then nothing so it looks like my cycles are really irregular at the moment. Sigh! Would love to be pg by the time I go back to work in March, so that is our aim!

Pink passion we are also ttc no2 which will probably be our last 😞

Me too. DD2 is just about 10 weeks but I'm 95% sure I had my AF last week.

Pinkpassion I had that 2 weeks before what I think was just AF last week. I had no cramping or anything either. Hopefully that's a start for you!

Hi ladies!

Glad to see some other people in the same boat! Though I hope we're not in the boat long.

Pink passion - pink cm is a great sign! I read that two consecutive days of spotting is considered a return to fertility. So you may be ovulating even without proper AFs.

Snufflepop - that sounds annoying. Are you charting at all or taking OPKs to track your cycles? I'd love to be pregnant when I return to work in the spring. After the next baby I'm taking some time off work, so I'd like to go back to work for a few months to say bye to everyone and the kids (I'm a teacher), but I wouldn't want to be at work for long!

Is anyone getting weird signs of increasing fertility? I don't know if my signs are actual signs or just me redwing into things, but while breastfeeding my nipples are getting a lot more sensitive and I have watery EWCM frequently - but I guess that could just be normal breastfeeding CM, it can be all over the place. I also feel really grouchy at the moment and really hot too, like I do before AF, so maybe she is on her way? I hope so! My daughter sleeps abou 8/9 hours through at night, so maybe that's enough to kick start ovulation?

Well ladies you were right the pinkish cm was a great sign, Af showed up today, light but definitely red blood... but no cramping so I'm kind of interested to see how it goes and whether or not I ovulate this month... I technically am not supposed to be ttc, because I had a csection, but I have had three friends get pregnant around the 5-6 month pp after a csection and they all had normal pregnancies.. so fingers crossed I do too...

Snuffle... it's a sad thought that I may only be doing this one more time... of it is I'll be getting my tubes tied at my next c-section!

Great news about the AF pinkpassion. I wish mine would hurry up! Probably the last time ever I wish for my AF to speed up and arrive. This will most likely be our last baby too and I feel the same sadness. I want to cherish every moment as it will be the last time and I'm telling myself off for wishing away this time, as really, I have it all to come, so I should be happy about that.

So are any of you ladies hoping for a specific gender? We will be thrilled with a healthy baby of course, but I so want another daughter!!! Dh gets upset when I say that because he wants a boy soooo bad... either way we will be happy. I grew up with all girls and dh grew up with all boys, so He's always been convinced we'd have boys, I on the other hand knew we'd have "all" girls, just because he was so adamant about not having a girl!!
Anyone here have a c-section?

Great news about the AF pinkpassion. I wish mine would hurry up! Probably the last time ever I wish for my AF to speed up and arrive. This will most likely be our last baby too and I feel the same sadness. I want to cherish every moment as it will be the last time and I'm telling myself off for wishing away this time, as really, I have it all to come, so I should be happy about that.

I know, this has been the first and probably only time Ive wanted my af to show up, and waited anxiously for it lol

We're hoping for a boy we have 2 girls now. Same with us as long as the baby is healthy either way we'll be happy. If the next isn't a boy we will probably go for a 4th later on lol.

I really don't mind as we already have a boy and a girl. I'd love to have either. It's the first time we're going to be team yellow, we found out the last two times. I'm really excited about not finding out till the birth this time. I just hope I don't catch a glimpse on an ultrasound! I became pretty good at knowing what to look for the last two times when I was obsessing over gender.

We're going to go with team yellow too! We found out with the first two as well. I'm hoping I can hold out!

Read4num2 - I think the hardest thing will be calling the baby 'it' and not really knowing who is in there... If that makes sense? I really found that knowing the gender helped me bond the last times.

I know exactly what you mean! I wanted to be team yellow for DD2 but DH didn't and I caved in because I wanted to know who was in there. Lol. This time I'm determined to wait till I give birth! There definitely is a bond when you know who's in there. Names are going to be hard too I feel.

Hi! Can I join you guys?! We are also NTNP for our second, LO is 7 months (where did that time go?!!) But... no AF even though he is STTN and eats loads during the day. Am not optimistic as was irregular before getting pregnant but you never know :winkwink:

Squirrel and ready4num2 we also want to be team yellow this time. I think it would be exciting not to know this time round. Although I agree the scans can be pretty obvious if they catch the right angle! Maybe if you specifically say you don't want to know?

Anyone worried they might not know if they got pregnant with first ov?

Read4num2 - Names will be harder! We found it hard enough this time to agree on a name even when we knew it was a girl. Double that for having to come up with a boy and a girl name. We struggle to come up with boys names we like anyway and have already used the only one we have both loved on our son!

Littlefish - Welcome! Are you doing anything to try and chart or keep track of your fertility or are you waiting for your first period? I was thinking of telling the technician we really don't want to know so can she/he warn us when they scan that bit. We'll see! I'm so damned curious, I may peek!

I'm using up the last of my stash of cheapies that I bought when we were TTC our daughter. I am a self-confessed POAS addict!! When that runs out I don't think I'll get any more for a while, as I don't think my period will be back for ages yet and looking at months and months worth of BFNs will be depressing!

Okay.... I may be going crazy here... but I just spotted a line on the IC I took earlier. I never looked at it at the time beyond the initial minute or so (definitely not within the 5 minute time frame) - so I don't know when it showed up. I'm almost definite this is an evap line, it's so faint I can't see if it's pink or not. I have been having some signs the last few days - sore breasts, really grumpy, tired, sore back, loads of cm, a fever a few days ago (I had that with my daughter - I got ill from the moment my egg was fertilised with her and I didn't recover till the second trimester - I always caught everything). I'm just kidding myself though I'm sure because I'm a sucker for TTC excitement. I'll test again in the morning to make sure it is just an evap!

Here's the original and two tweaks. The last tweak where I messed with the exposure offset the line becomes really clear!

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 7
  • tweak1.jpg
    tweak1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 3
  • tweak2.jpg
    tweak2.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 4
Welcome littlefish! Maybe we could all keep each other from wanting to peek lol! I got my first AF last week which I'm surprised I got it back that quickly!

Names are really going to be a struggle I don't have any boy names in mind and I already used my 2 favorite girl names

Hey you never know squirrel! I got a horrible cold right before I found out I was pregnant last and today I got one out of nowhere but since I got AF last week I know it means nothing.

Hi ladies! Nice to see a few of us all aiming for our bfps!

Hats off to all you team yellow hopefuls, we found out with dd and will find out again with no 2. I am soooo not patient enough to wait. Plus from a practical view point if we have another girl (which is what we are both hoping for) we won't need to buy anything but if it's a boy we will need to get some blue clothes!

We are hoping for another pink bundle because I had sisters and we grew up really close but if we have a boy we are blessed with the ideal 'one of each family' so I guess we can't lose either way!

Still no AF here!!!! Argh!! Been feeling so crampy and like the witch is coming but nothing happening!!!

Have signed up for the CB trial so once AF starts I will be using opks this month. At least then I will know if I O'd.

Good luck everyone!

Well like I thought, it was an evap, but a pretty convincing one. Stark white BFNs this morning. I'm quite happy these were the last tests in my stash, as I could have totally obsessed over testing when my periods were't even back yet! Here's hoping she comes soon and then I'll buy more tests.

Attachments

• IMG_5108.jpg
    IMG_5108.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member