Catching that first egg! TTC while breastfeeding. Anyone else?

Snufflepop I would love to be in that trial! Till periods return though there's no point applying. I hope it's still running when AF returns.

Sorry for bfn squirrel, hopefully AF will appear soon and then you get your bfp not long after!
Must be the only time in our lives we actively want AF to come!

CB trial sounds good, lots of freebies so is worth doing just for that.....apart from storing two weeks worth of wee in the fridge! Not sure what DH will make of it!

That trial sounds neat... but it's only for ppl in the UK... We will also find out but we aren't telling anyone! I wanted to do the same last time but ended up doing a gender reveal party!! It was very fun!!!

We're hoping for a boy we have 2 girls now. Same with us as long as the baby is healthy either way we'll be happy. If the next isn't a boy we will probably go for a 4th later on lol.

This is how my parents ended up with 5 girls ;) !!!!!

thanks for the welcome :flower: hope you guys are all good. squirrel sorry for the bfn, fingers crossed it will happen soon. I have been trying to track fertility but keep getting mixed signs and it's getting frustrating! the other week had ewcm and soft cervix so was sure was first ov but then no temp shift!!! I usually temp just for the shift and then know when to expect af/test. i guess it's just my body gearing up and then thinking 'hang on a minute... still feeding number 1 here!' so anyway... still waiting.

ready4num2 - good news about your af!!! although mixed blessing I guess with many months without! that's really quick though with your LO so little!

I'm excited about the prospect of number 2 but when it happens will be kinda nervous about the delivery... is that weird to think about that already?!!

Littlefish I was scared about labour and delivery before we even started TTC our daughter. I'd had such an awful experience with my son that I was really worried it would be the same. With him I was induced, it took 38 hours, I had contractions every other minute from the start, I had back labour, he got stuck, I pushed for nearly two hours, he was finally delivered by forceps in theatre. I was then kept in hospital for 5 days for ever-so-slightly raised blood pressure. I desperately wanted to go home.

With my daughter it was a completely completely completely (I can't state that enough) different and heavenly experience. First off we were at a different better hospital, which did the world of good for me having positive thoughts about the whole thing. I went into labour on my own at 36 weeks, the contractions started about ten minutes apart and they were so manageable!! I could breathe through them right up until I hit transition at which point I just groaned a bit. I didn't have any pain relief and it only took 6 hours to get to 10cm. I then pushed her out in five minutes. It was such a wonderful magical experience. We also got to go home the next day and the night in hospital was fine as the ward was great.

Now I can't wait yo do it again, which is so different to how I felt last time! I'll be opting for a home birth I think though, as to go from 36 hours to 6 hours is quite a jump. We got to the hospital when I was 5cm, but within 2 hours she was born. If I'd have left it much later I don't know where she would have been born! My husband nearly didn't make it in time - he only arrived half an hour before she was born.

I wish they had the clearblue trials here too!

I was completely shocked getting AF that soon. Especially while EBF.

Trying to track my CM but it seems all over the place yesterday and today it has been a snot consistency. Sorry TMI.

The delivery was one if the first things I thought about when I found out last time.

thanks, that does make me feel better, I hope that I have a similar experience when the time comes! my delivery was similar to yours although shorter labour of 20 hrs but then forceps in theatre and 3b tear - recovery from that was the worst part I think and totally ruined the first few weeks with my son :cry: i can't even remember holding him for the first time with everything going on and the stress of it all which is kinda of sad. hopefully second time is better, have been offered a section next time because of the tear but I would rather not if possible!

anyone else getting weird patches of fertile cm? I think estrogen levels go up again a bit when bf reduces so maybe that's why?!

ready4num2 are you in the US then? what is the trial I have not heard of it...

I get fertile cm all the time! So frustrating :) never thought it would frustrate me, but it's like my body is teasing me! :haha:

Littlefish I can see why you're worried. I hope next time is better for you!

I also had a bad labor, water broke, GBS + so had to go in right away, contractions not strong enough, pitocin started after 13 hours. Pain horrific, got stadol (sp?) Made me literally crazy, thought I was walking through a field, didn't do anything for the pain though, got epidural, was pure bliss, epidural wore off, ended with three epidurals in my back, could still feel excruciating pain, they take me to do emergency c-section because Dr said "something wasn't right" and while they were cutting I could feel it all, I started crying and screaming so they knocked me out, full general anesthesia.. didn't see my DD be born, didn't meet her til she was 2 hours old but they didn't let me hold her til she was 3 hours old because I was too groggy!
Recovery was great though and we were both healthy, except I almost ruptured which is why I was in so much pain, good thing they decided to c-section me!!

wow pinkpassion that sounds awful, you poor thing. it really can be so traumatic and I'm not sure I believe people who say that you forget in time! I can't imagine forgetting anytime soon (unfortunately!) weird how we all want to do it again so soon though :haha: I guess because the outcome is amaaaaaaaazing!

do you guys feel back in pre preg shape yet? I do kind of worry about the advice to wait at least 18 months (I think) between birth and new preg. apprently your body has to recover nutrients etc?!

Pinkpassion - now that is a traumatic birth experience. I'm so glad you and your little one were okay!

Littlefish - I'm about 3kg bigger than I was pre-preg, but I am only 3 months pp and I put on over 20kg, so I feel okay about being this size at this stage. I'm slowly losing the weight every week and soon I'll be back to how I was. In terms of nutrients, I do wonder about that! Will I do my body long term damage by having two babies so close? But then I think of my mum, who had me and one of my brothers just over a year apart and she is and always has been very healthy and fit for her age (she's 62 and plays tennis 4 days a week and is a teacher, so on her feet and super energetic all day).

Yes I'm in the US. I believe clearblue sends out PG tests and ovulation tests if I'm right. I saw a bunch of ladies on here talking about it so I had to google it and it's only for UK residents.

So I had some EWCM/discharge with a bit of blood in it. Not sure what that means!

Im not having anymore bleeding but I am having weird cramping /ovarian pain.... Im so confused, also should I count the day I first saw pink discharge as cd1?

I'm with you there on confusion too! I had what seemed like ovarian pains too over the passed couple days. I only spotted for an hour or so it was barely anything! I would guess you start cd1 the first day of it. Idk. I probably should have started cd1 2 days before I actually did ooops! Oh crap then today would be cd14 for me! Maybe I had ovulation spotting? Then again my cm hasn't been like EMCM just when I had that discharge/spotting.

Spotting had stopped and I got just a light pink spotting then just dark brown discharge! Ughhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->