Catching The First Egg- 2WW!!!

MrsB_2015

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!! My husband and I are currently trying for baby #2. Oldest is 11 months old and I have not had a first cycle yet. We were going to wait until next month, because I didn't think I was going to ovulate this month, so I haven't been tracking bbt like I did with my last pregnancy. I have however, noticed that yesterday's and today's temps have been over my old coverline. So maybe. :) That being said, I used Clearblue Ovulation tests (digital) and I got a + on Monday, July 24th. We BD on Saturday, and Monday. (And Tuesday...you know, just in case). ;) Soooo here I am in the 2ww. Just looking for some encouragement and ladies in the same boat!! Fertility Friend says I should wait until August 8th to test, but in all honestly, there's no way I can wait that long. ;)

(***edit: I meant Sunday, July 23rd was positive opk day!)

Well, today I am about 5dpo. I had a temp dip that's not really drastic but definitely still a dip at 97.47. My previous temps have been in the 97.6-7 range. Yesterday was 97.61. My old coverline was 97.42. Looking at my old temps from my previous pregnancy (2WW), I also had a dip at 5dpo. Is it that just a normal hormonal thing, then? So hopefully my temp will go back up tomorrow. FX AF stays away... but it's only 5dpo, so I'm still hopeful. :) I haven't noticed any bleeding like I did last pregnancy at 5dpo.

Evening MrsB! I have just been reading about implantation dips as I hear about them all the time....and then I saw your thread. So i thought i would copy and paste this bit as i found it really interesting.....

....... charts that detected ovulation, had at least a 0.3F dip in temperature after ovulation, and with a drop occurring between days 5 and 12 of the luteal phase.

Of all the charts, 11% of the non-pregnancy charts showed an implantation dip, while 23% of the pregnancy-positive charts showed an implantation dip. This means that twice as many pregnancy-positive charts had the dip, but it doesn’t mean that you’re not pregnant if you don’t see a drop in your BBT. In fact, 75% of pregnancy-positive BBT charts had no temperature dips at all.

Also, if you only had your positive OPK on 24th, did your chart indicate this was also day of ovulation? Usually ovulation is 12-24hrs (but can be up to 36hrs!) after first positive OPK. Just wondering you see as you could be less than 5dpo. Maybe.

Good luck though, hope you have caught your egg!

Evening MrsB! I have just been reading about implantation dips as I hear about them all the time....and then I saw your thread. So i thought i would copy and paste this bit as i found it really interesting.....

....... charts that detected ovulation, had at least a 0.3F dip in temperature after ovulation, and with a drop occurring between days 5 and 12 of the luteal phase.

Of all the charts, 11% of the non-pregnancy charts showed an implantation dip, while 23% of the pregnancy-positive charts showed an implantation dip. This means that twice as many pregnancy-positive charts had the dip, but it doesn’t mean that you’re not pregnant if you don’t see a drop in your BBT. In fact, 75% of pregnancy-positive BBT charts had no temperature dips at all.

Also, if you only had your positive OPK on 24th, did your chart indicate this was also day of ovulation? Usually ovulation is 12-24hrs (but can be up to 36hrs!) after first positive OPK. Just wondering you see as you could be less than 5dpo. Maybe.

Good luck though, hope you have caught your egg!

I actually got my positive opk on the 23rd, around 1pm! So I said the wrong day in my post!!! Whoops. I guess I had Oday stuck in my head! :) And it's so interesting that you mentioned the implantation dip. I had wondered if it was possible, especially with all my cramps. But I also had heard that 5dpo was too early?? Though I had a dip last pregnancy too, with super light bleeding at 6dpo. My OB had said it could be that too...Thanks so much for responding and giving me that information!!! Very helpful. :)

ive had a lot more cramps than normal this cycle as well as lower backache, but i dont know if i am just paying a lot more attention this month or not!

5dpo is a little early for implantation, but hey, everything is worked out on averages and everyone is different so you never know! haha.

I tested (this afternoon) and it was a bfn :sad: i think AF should be due tomorrow so i have everything crossed still. With my daughter i didnt get a bfp until 4days after AF was due!!

ive had a lot more cramps than normal this cycle as well as lower backache, but i dont know if i am just paying a lot more attention this month or not!

5dpo is a little early for implantation, but hey, everything is worked out on averages and everyone is different so you never know! haha.

I tested (this afternoon) and it was a bfn :sad: i think AF should be due tomorrow so i have everything crossed still. With my daughter i didnt get a bfp until 4days after AF was due!!

I've totally been having lower backaches as well!! Also, I know most people would think I'm crazy, but I have definitely been peeing more often than usual too. It's like my bladder just feels fuller more often. Could just be in my head, but hey, maybe not. :) And as far as the implantation thing goes, that's true. Looking at my old temps, I had a .3 dip at 5dpo (pretty much the same as this time) and I went back up but never had another dip like that. So, who knows??

I'm so sorry to hear about your bfn. :( FX that you get that BFP sooner rather than later!!!!!

Today is 6dpo and last night I slept TERRIBLY. I managed to get a solid 3 hours of sleep, which ironically, is what you need for an accurate bbt. :p My temp spiked! I'm not sure if it's because I was up all night just trying to fall asleep (which is actually what made me pretty sure I was preggo last time, as I usually sleep like a rock, lol) or what. But FX it's a good sign and that my temp stays high...I went from 97.47 to 97.83! What do you think? I had some pretty sharp pains (twinges) on my right side on and off for a couple hours today. They didn't feel so good! I think (fx!!) it was implantation??

Also, did AF show up? :(

So I woke up this morning (7dpo) and my temperature had gone up from 97.83 to 98.33. :) So I did a big no no and tested (eh, I have a bunch of the BFP cheap sticks) and I could not believe my eyes when I saw the faintest line. I thought, this is impossible!!! But, like I said before, it was very very faint, practically a light pink shadow. Showed up within the time limit. Even DH could see it!! Maybe we both have line eye. ;) Anyway, I'm not going to get excited just yet. I'm going to hold off and retest again in a few days to see if that line gets darker.

So today is 9dpo and I tested again this morning...I'm feeling kind of disappointed. I saw the faintest of lines again on the two tests that I took...an internet cheapie (that's around 20miu/ml hcg) and the dollar store brand. But the lines I "think" I saw, are just as faint as they were at 7dpo. Even DH couldn't see them this time. Sigh. I don't really know what I was expecting. Oh well! I'll just keep testing!

**update: I got a very faint BFP! I uploaded the pictures onto the "August 2017 testers" board!

Thank you very much! :) Confirmed it this morning on a frer!

0B3caMAKw69u3NFJGYlg5N2hPeHc=w2548-h1424-iv1

That's relieving to hear! I've never tested this early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->