Cats acting strange

purpleshark

Reaction score
I've done loads of cleaning today and people have said I'm nesting. I didn't think I was, just doing things I know need doing and getting fed up with them not being done.
Then this evening my cat, who was always 'my' cat was acting strange. Since being pregnant she has become more cuddly, wanting to be on my lap, me stroking her etc. tonight she just wouldn't settle, matching up and down. She did finally settle. But was wandering if anyone's else's pets have been like this. I'm 39 weeks today.

my cat hasn't been doing anything out of the ordinary. *maybe* she's been a little sweeter... last week she tried to sneak outside several times, but i think that's more on the account of it being springtime and neighbor cats lurking around the house.
I was wondering aloud today how she will act when the time comes... if she'll get really vocal, or want to be really close to me, or hide, or pace, or what...

Mine is exactly the same - she lives with my parents as it wasn't fair to upheave her at 14 years old when I moved out, and every time I see her she gets worse, she constantly wants to sit on me, have attention, etc.

Animals can sense things sometimes, and you're pretty near your due date now sooo... :p

My one cat, who veers toward the more aloof of the two, has been a little snuggle bug the past day or so. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy related but I'm loving all the attention from her.

My cat was never a lap cat, until I got pregnant. Now he doesn't leave me alone. Over the past few days he's even started sleeping alongside/on me all through the night. My oh goes to kiss me, hold my hand etc, he gets super jealous and starts nuzzling me to be stroked. I go in the bath/shower, he sits in the hand basin!! He spends every evening cuddled up on me. I'm worried he might get jealous once baby is here, but hoping as the weather keeps getting nicer, he's going outside more, so he might not notice the fewer cuddles!! x

All three of my cats and my dog act strange now lol. My youngest male cat is 10 months now and is constantly wanting cuddles and headbutting me lol. My female cat who isnt overly cuddley just wants to touch me 24/7 but if I pet her she up and moves meows then lays back down - so its ok fir her to touch me but I cant pet her haha! My 4 year old male cat has reverted back to being a big kitten lol hes been most annoying lately wants cuddles then goes causing mayhem lol. My 10 month old dog doesn't jump up at me anymore she just stopped and doesn't pull me when we're out walking either but she does with my husband. Hope she continues to be goid when I need to take her out with a pram! We're moving house at the end of the month so will see how they settle in before baby comes along lol... lots of changes happening for my babies hope tgey don't get too stressed!

Your cat knows you will give birth soon. It's amazing how they know that but they do. It's the hormone change that happens prior to labor. They sense the hormone change.

Your cat knows you will give birth soon. It's amazing how they know that but they do. It's the hormone change that happens prior to labor. They sense the hormone change.

I'm hoping that's what it means, but nothing's happened as yet and she's still being like it. So could just be her being weird lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->