cats and babies

mrsholmes

Reaction score
I have two one year old cats. Did anyone experience any problems with their cats when the LO was born? any tips /adivice?
thanks

i haven't experienced it yet, i was just told it's the scent of milk? i don't know how true it is... but that the cats smell the milk on baby's breath??

i think so long as you keep any cats out of baby's room, things should be fine!

i'm a little worried myself as me and OH have quite a rowdy cat!!!

i've got a 5 yrs old long haired persian and a 1 yr old short haired persian both stay indoors, the eldest will be scared and will stay away, but the younger one will be straight there being nosey, so i'm getting a higher baby chair rocker that swings so if she did jump it'd move and she'd fall off or be put off by it, i am getting a extra tall stair gate as persians arent exactly agile i borrowed one and they didnt attempt it, just gonna keep my eye on them i'm sure they'll be fine but better to be on the safe side apparently cats like warm places, so making the kitchen their new room putting a new bed by the radiator, i won't leave them in the room alone with baby for a while. i'm more worried about the long hair being casted so she's going for the full monty clip hehe.

one of mine is semi long haired and both are indoor cats (im to nervous to let them out cos of a busy road)

I have also heard of the milk onthe babys mouth

The milk thing is an old wives tale.

Just don't leave the cats in the same room as LO when unsupervised.. not that you would do that anyway!

I have 5 cats and had no problems. One of them got stress when we brought Chloe home but after a treatment he was fine. They all had a good sniff t start with but thats all. Poppy is very protective of Chloe and if she sees anyone other than me or OH hlolding her she sits next to them and watches!!

Would advise you to get a cat net but other than that I would do nothing.

i have been so worried about my cat as he will sleep anywhere he possibly can. hes not allowed throught into the living room or upstairs but i have got my pram in the conservatory and found him in it the other day.i cried my eyes out (typical hormones) but thinking what if my baby was in there already!? but i know it isnt his fault. i have bought cat nets now for the pram and moses basket etc. should put my mind at rest if nothin else.
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"