Caused by pregnancy?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Ive worn the same gold necklace for years without any problems. But the last week or so ive come out in a red rash exactly where the necklace sits at the side and front of my neck.

Could it be that the pregnancy has caused sensitive skin or something? It doesnt hurt, just looks nasty. :shrug:

I had to take off my engagement ring and my eternity ring as they caused a big red itchy rash up my finger. They are white gold and I've never had a problem with rings before I was pregnant so Im sure it must be hormones making my skin react differently. I suspect it will clear up straight away if you stop wearing the necklace.

Pregnancy does strange stuff to us lol

i dont know hunny, i have 5 tattoos and never had prob last preg but this time only 1 tattoo itches like crazy! it drives me mad especially in an evening but i have started to get itchy in an evening, not unbearable but annoying! i read up online (The dreaded google) and it said something about increased blood flow) wonder if it could be the same thing causing u to get irratation?
Lou
xxx

It is possible you have a nickel allergy. You can develop it at any age and it's possible for pregnancy to bring it on. However, it is only Nine carat gold and below that has quantities of nickel in and this is more likely to cause as allergy. I'm allergic to pretty much all metals apart from platinum, titanium and stainless steel! My dh hates birthdays and christmas lol. Alternatively, if you wear the necklace all the time the rash could be caused by a build up of sweat and other substances (soaps, shampoo etc) that could cause irritation. I would suggest giving the necklace a thorough clean and perhaps leave it off until the rash has cleared :) Hope this helps :)

Ive had to remove a ring that ive worn for 10 years as its causing an itchy red rash since becoming pregnant, ive heard its quite common xx

your skin and body react differently to alot of things when pregnant not sure exactly why but its a bit like when you normally like certain foods and then cant stand em when your pregnant lol

nothing to do with jewelery but i do think pregnancy can trigger allergies. not to scare anyone and not sure if definitely pregnancy related but since i had my son i developed a peanut allergy although the doctor cannot or rather wont confirm whether it was actually pregnancy that triggered it.

Allergies can occur in pregnancy due to hormonal changes. Ive become allergic to my regulat shampoo...my head itches like MAD! Nothing to worry about though x

Thank you everyone! Pregnancy does strange things to us, i can only assume its that. Ill take it off and wear a scarf til it clears!!! lol xx

Ive worn the same gold necklace for years without any problems. But the last week or so ive come out in a red rash exactly where the necklace sits at the side and front of my neck.

Could it be that the pregnancy has caused sensitive skin or something? It doesnt hurt, just looks nasty. :shrug:

Me too! Thought I was being weird but glad to hear its common! i find dangly earrings itch my face when they swing so only wearing studs! x

Metal allergies often flare up when you are short on iron. Might be worth having an iron supplement or just eating more iron-rich foods for a couple of weeks to see if it helps.

Lx

My poor SIL had problems with that in her first pregnancy, and her daughter is 3 years old now and she STILL can't wear her wedding ring...it sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"