• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cautious BFP, don't wanna tell partner yet?

pennymarie

Mother after ttc 6yrs
Reaction score
First off, I have a journal with a lot more detail and the whole story. But we were supposed to be trying next cycle! Was very excited and looking forward to period. And I've just been feeling so emotional and irritable. I only took the test to prove to myself I wasn't cause I was tricking (I thought) myself into thinking I was pregnant. How can i be testif positive at 2 weeks?? One week and 6 days actually! I barely implanted..

We had been using condoms since last summer. We every now and then had unprotected but pulled put. This month since we decided in February we would try again, we used a condom until the 14th because I was really really sure I had already ovulated. We even had to use lube cause I was dry....(TMI sorry). I'm so entirely confused right now. I don't know if I should be happy. I want to be, but in fall of 2012 I had a 14week missed miscarriage that was terrible. I keep having flashbacks, which is just the PTSD I know.

I know this isn't a happy BFP announcement, I want to be happy, and if I make it to 15 weeks I will be. But I heard my last baby's heartbeat and saw it move...so I feel like I'm still TTC ( trying to carry)

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how bitter sweet it must be to be pregnant after a mc. But congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean when you say you are just 2 weeks? How many dpo are you? Also, is it possible that you could have gotten pregnant the previous cycle?

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how bitter sweet it must be to be pregnant after a mc. But congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean when you say you are just 2 weeks? How many dpo are you? Also, is it possible that you could have gotten pregnant the previous cycle?

Like we were using condoms until January 14th. So if I conceived, then I'd only be 13 days. My last period was December 25th. An it was a very heavy one. Very much a period. My cycles usually are 35-37 days long. So according to doctors I guess I would be 5 weeks, since they count since last menstrual start day. But the earliest I could have conceived was the 14th, lastest yesterday. soooooo.... Pretty shocked. And shaky. Like super weak

hon, pregnancy after a loss is way different than your first, innocent pregnancies. a loss deprives you of that. it makes it very evident to you that babies die too, and that it can happen also to you, and most of all: you meet the devastating hell that follows, which i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

so many women can't get excited, or are both excited and scared the same, others cope by feeling completely detached from the pregnancy until they reach their milestones of the previous losses.

so don't be hard on yourself and let yourself feel all those feelings that come. you've been through a lot and it has left marks on your heart, so what? let that marked heart feel whatever it needs to <3

i am sending you lots of stickiest baby dust ever for the healthiest baby ever!!!

Thank you so much Skyesmom!!!! I really needed to hear that. I keep thinking I'll wake up and it's a dream or it was dud test or something. I've never had a chemical miscarriage and I know they are common and nothing to be worried about necessarily. I'm only two or three weeks along.

I haven't told anyone yet so this site is all I have right now

Did you ever go through something similar?

Oh ok. Then I think you can safely assume you conceived sometime between the 14 and 18 of January. Because it takes an average of 8 days for the fertilized egg to travel down toward the uterus and implant, then a couple of days or a hpt to pick up the hcg in the urine. If you use an early detection hpt then it can pick up the hcg almost immediately after implantation. Well again, congrats and a happy and healthy 9 months!

yes i had two losses, and i have two beautiful angel babies <3 <3 hoping for my rainbow this year! there is a GREAT support forum on this site for pregnancy after a loss:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-after-loss/

and the women there are just amazing!

i remember how freaked out i was when i was pregnant the second time too, and not much can be done to really re-live the pregnancy as innocently as the first. i ended up losing that baby too and although it was earlier than 12 weeks it really really almost killed me.

but please don't let my story freak you out: every woman, every baby and every pregnancy are different. there are so so many women who went on having their rainbows after one single loss, most of them actually! and i am sure this little bean you have wants to come to you <3 <3 <3 hugs!

ps. if u wanna talk, just pm me :)

Oh ok. Then I think you can safely assume you conceived sometime between the 14 and 18 of January. Because it takes an average of 8 days for the fertilized egg to travel down toward the uterus and implant, then a couple of days or a hpt to pick up the hcg in the urine. If you use an early detection hpt then it can pick up the hcg almost immediately after implantation. Well again, congrats and a happy and healthy 9 months!

I don't believe it was an early detecting one. It didn't say so specifically and I figure if it was, it would be written all over it. and it wasnt a weak line, it was so strong and immediate. I remember that last pregnancy it took til 7 weeks for me to test positive and at 9 weeks until it was strong.

If anyone knows how to load pictures I can show you!

I figured out how to load it! So this was taken yesterday! Turned positive immediately. Haven't taken another hpt. Too scared

But I'm anywhere from 12 dpo to 2dpo, though obviously not anything less than 5-6dpo cause I think that's impossible. I think it's impossible to have this much hcg in me this quickly

Attachments

• IMG_2298_zpsca641801.jpg
    IMG_2298_zpsca641801.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 15
If you conceived on the 14th of Jan you're actually 4 weeks pregnant today.

Well you are def pregnant. Maybe you implanted on the early side, like 5 or 6 dpo. Yesterday you would already have been a full week past implantation. So really it's not so impossible. Anyway I can't wait to have a nice dark bfp like that!

Thank you misscyn, I'm sure you're BFP is soon. Just don't nearly faint like I did. Then laugh then cry then laugh again

Congrats Penny. I pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and a very sticky bean in there. I know its hard to relax especially after a loss but try and stay positive and happy. Wishing you the best.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats! It is hard to be happy and excited after a loss, but it will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"