• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Smudgelicious

Reaction score
:shrug:I'm not sure I belong here yet, still waiting for tests, but I can't stand limbo land !

So, very briefly, my history:
My son died 2 days after he was born full term Aug 98, I have 2 daughters 10 and 7. I had a miscarriage April 21st 2010.

23rd May I got a BFP. Called doctor who was VERY negative and told me I wasn't pregnant. This is over the phone, mind you ! I told him I had had heaps of neg hpts between mc and this new bfp, so what else could it be ? he sent me off for a HCG test but only after I BEGGED for one :growlmad:

24th May, my HCG was 25miu which is low but tied in with being about 10-11dpo which is where I thought I was. He has ordered another test for the 7th June (yes, 2 WHOLE WEEKS later). His reasoning is that if the HCG is rising, you'll see it well and truly after 2 weeks.

So....now I'm 4 days away from my next hcg, still taking hpts which are getting darker. My boobs are killing me and I am so bloated I keep undoing my buttons. I feel pregnant, but my mind won't let me 'go there' just yet. Some days I allow myself to think the best, but not often....everythings hinging on Mondays test :shrug:

Sorry for the long winded story, just wanted to get it out and see what others think !

:shrug:I'm not sure I belong here yet, still waiting for tests, but I can't stand limbo land !

So....now I'm 4 days away from my next hcg, still taking hpts which are getting darker. My boobs are killing me and I am so bloated I keep undoing my buttons. I feel pregnant, but my mind won't let me 'go there' just yet. Some days I allow myself to think the best, but not often....everythings hinging on Mondays test :shrug:

Sorry for the long winded story, just wanted to get it out and see what others think !

Hey Smudgelicious - you mind if i join you on this topic?
I am in a similar spot - m/c 29 April. BFN 26 May, Faint BFP 30 May. No AF in between either.

My doctors been great though - i haven't actually seen him yet - but when i called his office to mention the faint BFP he immediately sent me for bloods which came back at Beta 405 and said come back on friday 4 June (2 days later). said if it's rising steadily - he'll put me on some meds to help sustain the pregnancy.

Long story short - I'm also feeling like i'm in limbo. I'm starting to prepare myself for a preggers that's not viable after tomorrows blood work. But at the same time I'm hoping really hard that it sticks.

If i were you - i'd see how your OB handles the next set of results - if he's still as negative and unsupportive I'd switch drs. I can understand him advising you realistically but to be so off putting and unsupportive :nope:- I'd kick him to the curb.

What were your first set of Betas?

Thanks Mommydelux. Limbo is torture isn't it ?

Your beta was better than mine. Mine was 25, which is low but not necessarily disaster low. The next one on Monday is what that worries me now.

I only saw this DR in the first place because he could fit me in for an US with my recent pg/mc. He was fantastic when I miscarried which is why I was so shocked by his reaction this time. It was only 4 weeks and 4 days after the mc that I got the bfp, which is quick but it's certainly not unheard of ! He told me that he doesn't want me to be disappointed, which is nice but to just deny that I'm even pregnant is breaking my heart.

He doesn't deliver anymore, so if I am pg and it sticks I won't be staying with him for long.

Hi Smudge, mommyd,

I'm feeling a bit the same, so I thought I'd say hi :)

I did have one AF in between though - MC 23rd Mar, AF 2nd May, BFP 30th May. I went to the docs today, thinking I'd get an early scan booked, or at least some advice and blood tests, but they wouldn't even test me!! She asked if I'd POAS and when I said I had she said she wouldn't do one then, then she said that I wouldn't get an early scan and basically said fingers crossed and goodbye! I was a bit shocked to be honest! I appreciate that they don't do too much until you've had multiple losses, but I thought I'd at least get an earlier scan, or regular bloods!! Don't most people???

I don't really know what to do now!! I'm sorry your doc was so unsupportive too Smudge. I hope Monday comes quickly and the results are good :hugs: It all sounds nicely on track to me :)

FX for you too mommyd :hugs: Sounds like we need DRs like yours! :)

My doctors was (excuse the language) and arsehole about it all too. He refused to even consider that all these positive test results may indicate a pregnancy as I had a mc the month previous. I payed for a private scan and was like "ha!! In your face!!" lol!! When I went to the hospital when I had a small bleed they also scanned me thinking that the bfp was a kind of residue from the mc but there was my little blobby, heartbeat and all!!

I hope you have the luck I have had, my little girl is due in 22 weeks time. Make sure you put your foot up your doctors you-know-where if he procrastinates any more and tried to give you a reason not to test!!xx

Thanks for your responses. Though I'm not happy that others DRs are being difficult as well :growlmad:

It's like they completely forget there's a person with a heart and feelings, not just a blood supply and a uterus.

Fiore - you inspired me to look into private scans. Don't know how it works over here in the US, but I did find one place that will do it from 6 weeks (for $175). If Dr Dickhead doesn't scan me next week, I might try that. I'd LOVE to be able to show him a bean picture ! 'In your face sucker ! Thanks for nothing !'

Less than 96 hours until hcg. Can't tell you how much I would love a glass (or bottle) of wine to pass the time. But I won't do it !

Sounds like you should get a new doctor, he sounds kinda mean!! :growlmad: I hope your hcg levels excalate and quadriple and then some to show him off!! hmmm I am sorry you had to go through that!! :hugs:

Congrats and welcome!!:hugs:

Hey ladies!
so i went for blood set #2 this morning. and man - that needle gets bigger everytime i go!!!

Results should be in by noon. am oddly calm this morning. after having my emotions all over the place for the last 2 weeks - this calm feeling, is unnerving me in spades!!!

Anyhoo - I assumably ovulated and fell prego 2 - 2 1/2 weeks after m/c - so no, it's not unheard of.

Things work a little different here in SA with regards to pregnancy. Most employed people have health insurance so early scans - regular scans (like one every 4 weeks) is the norm. It's up to the patient to request that further investigation be done after any number of m/c's even 1. I didn't opt for that because i have a healthy 2 year old and had a good prego with him.
Our state hospitals scan once a trimester. And we deal with our OB's at every appointment - no midwife or nurses etc etc. So in effect i would see my doctor once every 4 weeks and then every week 4 weeks before due date.

But to answer your question KitKatB - it's normal practise here in SA to be sent for more regular bloods if you have a history of m/c (even if it's just one).

That system sounds much more comprehensive mommyd. Mind you, I quite like midwife led care when things are running smoothly, as I find it less stressful. Hospitals and doctors etc tend to panic me a bit - silly I know. This time I'll be mostly seen by midwives, but I have been refered to a consultant as well because of the mc. She said I might only see him once though, just to check things are ok. Not until the normal 12 week scan though and still only the 2 scans throughout unless anything abnormal is picked up at any point.

So, you must have your results by now....I really hope it's good news. Keep us posted :hugs:

SO - i just got my results back now - 890. they've a little more than doubled. I'm so relieved. Doc put me on progesteron meds for 2 weeks. we're not quite sure how far along i am since i had a m/c carriage 29 April - no AF - prego again. we guessing about 4 weeks or so. actually using the dates we bd! 6 dates in total cuz hubby and i were out of town at different times on business. so we had to fit in some Q-time when we were home at the same time. anyway - date of conception - i have my money on 16 or 23 May.

I do agree with you - hospitals panic me too. Luckily most OB's have offices away from the hospital. Our state health care works more or less the same like the UK's.

I see OB on 21 June for a scan and stuff.

Thats great news Mommyd !

I don't really know how having a baby works over here, because all my other children were born in Australia. I know I had quite a few US last time because it was easy to check the hb that way. This time around I have no idea. I do know I will get referred to a perinatologist by 12 weeks because I'm high risk.

I think I'm about 5+2 weeks, going by opk's. If they use the mc as a LMP I'd be about 6+2 which I don't think is right. But I'm not counting anything until I get that blood test !

Fantastic news mommyd!! :happydance: I'm so pleased for you :D We must be about the same dates then :)

Here's hoping your results are just as good on Monday Smudge - not long to go now (although I guess it seems like ages still to you?) :hugs:

I guess I'll be left not knowing how things are going for about another 7 weeks!! I might feel a bit better after only 4 more weeks maybe, as that's at least past the point of my mc last time. If I start to feel too rotten about it I think I might have to look into going private for some tests and a scan. I might try ringing the EPU i got refered to for the mc too - maybe if I bypass the doc I'll be able to get a scan there.

I feel a bit miserable about it today if I'm honest, which I know I shouldn't considering I've at least got my :bfp: but it's SO long until I can actually believe it might mean I stay pregnant. It's like being half pregnant... :(

Fantastic news mommyd!! :happydance: I'm so pleased for you :D We must be about the same dates then :)

Here's hoping your results are just as good on Monday Smudge - not long to go now (although I guess it seems like ages still to you?) :hugs:

I guess I'll be left not knowing how things are going for about another 7 weeks!! I might feel a bit better after only 4 more weeks maybe, as that's at least past the point of my mc last time. If I start to feel too rotten about it I think I might have to look into going private for some tests and a scan. I might try ringing the EPU i got refered to for the mc too - maybe if I bypass the doc I'll be able to get a scan there.

I feel a bit miserable about it today if I'm honest, which I know I shouldn't considering I've at least got my :bfp: but it's SO long until I can actually believe it might mean I stay pregnant. It's like being half pregnant... :(

Thats exactly it ! I'm half pregnant !

I can't wait for Monday, but at the same time I don't want to see bad numbers. My daily hpt is still dark and very positive, so there is something there. My biggest fear is that it's leftover tissue and I need surgery, closely followed by the fear that it's going to be another failed pregnancy.

In the last few days I have started thinking about getting some sort of inconclusive result. Like the hcg is up, but it's not definitively up and I'll be on a blood test band wagon until ???

I don't have any real ms yet, I've had a couple of episodes of nausea but that could have been from anything. From memory, I don't usually start to feel like complete crap until about 7 weeks.

:hugs: Kit. We'll all get through this time somehow ! Eventually we'll know......

In the meantime, we're stuck on the swings and roundabouts of limbo land :wacko:

Lol @ doctor dickhead!!

We've had 2 private scans (one dating at 5 weeks and one gender at 17 weeks) and 2 with the NHS (one when they didn't believe I had bean and a routine 12 week scan) and I've got another next week. They've been a godsend!!xx

I can't wait for scans, Fiore ! They are so reassuring (once you see that little flickering heartbeat)

I woke up in complete panic this morning. I went to bed really late last night, well this morning anyway @ 1.30am. My boobs were so sore I couldn't lay on my front at all and they seemed worse than usual. Then at 10am this morning they barely felt sore at all ! Immediate thoughts of disaster .......

But luckily, the good old soreness has returned and they feel like the same rock filled boozies I've been dragging around for the last 3 weeks....phew.

I can't say I've really got morning sickness, but I get this kind of full stomach, 'yuck' feeling and I burp all the time. Its only happened a few times. Does that sound good/familiar to anyone ? I also have episodes of extreme tiredness but they don't last long.

How is everyone else feeling today ? :hugs:

But luckily, the good old soreness has returned and they feel like the same rock filled boozies I've been dragging around for the last 3 weeks....phew.

I can't say I've really got morning sickness, but I get this kind of full stomach, 'yuck' feeling and I burp all the time. Its only happened a few times. Does that sound good/familiar to anyone ? I also have episodes of extreme tiredness but they don't last long.

How is everyone else feeling today ? :hugs:

Hi Smudge :) I feel about the same really. I'm mostly just really really tired - I slept for about 12 hours last night!! I had been having some AF type cramps too, which is a bit worrying :( Other people have reported the same and say it's normal for week 4 though, so I'm TRYING not to panic.

Other than that I just feel vaguely sick and can't eat lots of things and have the 2 over-filled bags of sugar to lug round on my front!! I had to resort to buying new bras today...ALREADY! I'm glad yours returned to feeling just as over-inflated lol.

I had a 4 hour nap yesterday ! Which was great but I woke up starving with the worst craving for bbq. My husband went out and got ribs which was great ! :munch: But then I burped all night and felt sick ...

Less than 24 hours to go until the TEST. I'm getting the results an hour afterwards. I'm nervous to say the least. I just want to know ! And I want to know for sure, not 'maybe' !

Like your ticker Kit ! Hope I get to do one soon !

Good Morning Ladies!

How are we all feeling today?

Me, I'm feeling normal - I think. Am counting the days to that scan on 21 June. Started the progesteron pills last friday. Been having mild ms. not sure whether its the pills or the bean LOL. KitKatB, you put it beautifully - half pregnant! even with my bloods on friday I still feel half prego.
Am taking my vitamins religiously also. Lots of water and praying. I still can't quite bring myself to feel anything other than "normal". I'm feeling a little excited - but more preparingmyself for the worst? that make sense to anyone?

Smudge - i'm holding thumbs for you hun! I'm sure your numbers will be more than the expected double. Let us know how things go, ok?

Well I have the results and my hcg which was 25miu 14 days ago is now......

12877 :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"