Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

OMG that's INCREDIBLE news!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm SO pleased for you Smudge!!! :hugs: How exciting!!!! :happydance: YEY!!!

Quick, go and do a ticker now!!!!!!!! :D

I'm not sure I should have done one yet, but as I'm not going to get any proper confirmation of things until my 12 week scan I figured I may as well go for it - PMA and all that :) Reassuringly I feel pretty rubbish today still :)

Congrats again Smudge xxx

YAY!!! This is excellent news Smudge! i'm so very pleased for you.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

how's everyone feeling?

Guys - i feel like after the 2ww we have the "6ww" and then "12ww".

Hi mommyd :)

my nautia let up at about midnight last night for the first time in days and I was really worried. Feeling nice and sick again today though lol - phew! I have managed to eat something though, so at least I know I'm doing the best I can.

I've decided I definitely can't do the 12ww (love it!) without getting some kind of reassurance in the mean time, so I'm definitely going to contact the EPU directly and try to get a scan at about 6 wks. Failing that I've looked up my health care benefits and I think I might be able to get a private one done through that. I'll go crazy with the waiting otherwise! That means I'm in the 6ww!!

How's everyone else doing? xx

a quick question - is anyone else's appetite running crazy???
I'm constantly hungry. I'm not that far along and was wondering if anyone else was feeling it or if I'm just imagining it.
This is how my day goes and the ones marked with* was meals I never used to have pre-preggers.

6am - Cereal *
8:30am - snack (fruit or yogurt or sarmie)
10:45ish am - lunch *
13:00 - Lunch again
15:00 - snack (yogurt or sarmie or muffin)*
17:30 - Supper
19:00 - snack or left over supper *

I just feel like I'm hungry ALL the time! like nothing i eat is filling me.
Woolworths chicken and pasta salad all of a sudden smells like TUNA!!! everything smells like tuna

I didn't feel like this with my ds. although with him i was queasy ALL the time from 4 weeks to 26 weeks prego.

Am i just being a sissy and whiney? is anybody else feeling like this?

Sorry mommyd, I can't really empathise with that one because I'm much more like you were with your ds. I feel so sick all the time that I never really fancy anything to eat. I'm having to force it down.

I didn't feel sick at all with my dd, so I guess it just varies from preg to preg. I think I ate a fair amount then if I remember rightly, but as long as you eat fairly healthily then I don't think it's a bad thing at all! Have you tried some slow energy release foods, like bananas and oats?

Hey

I have oats for breakfast every morning. However i have switched to Low GI breads now.
My clothes are starting to fit tightly already - my pants and jeans.

How have you been KitKatB?

I have got to join this group....I had a MC on April 24th and got a new :bfp: 4w1d later. I am now 6w4d and man oh man I am so in your boat! I am freaking out at every little twinge and am so nervous about my numbers. My doc wont draw anymore until June 22nd! I wish I could get a private scan!

I was still overweight from my mc pregnancy, so that coupled with the preg bloat i've now got means that i don't fit in some of my clothes already! I look about 5 months preg already, not 5 weeks!!!

I'm good today thanks mommyd. Not as symptom-ie as yesterday though, which is on my mind a bit, but i'm trying not to stress out. I still feel pretty sick, but my BBs aren't feeling anywhere near as bad :(

I haven't had a huge amount of nausea but I seem to swing from STARVING to completely uninterested in all food.

Today I had:

Banana, fruit and veg juice
Sandwich
chocolate covered almonds (yeah, really healthy but they were what I wanted)
Had a really long nap between 4.30 and 7pm

and now it's 9.12pm and I'm not hungry. Not very much food, but I'm just not interested. I stand in front of the fridge or pantry and there is NOTHING I want. I have to eat something now though, because I know I'll be hungry in an hour or two.

Ooooohhh scrambled eggs with cheese ! Now I know what I want !!!! and toast ! and some cherries.....! Have to eat now :happydance:

hey guys

SOO - my appetite is gone. but i am sooo emotional this morning. I live in South Africa - so the Soccer World Cup is the only thing everybody is talking about at the mo. Anyhoo - the radio DJ reckons this morning - this is such a proud moment for our country and to see all the SA's get behind our national team and hosting the SWC is totally amazing. Everyone is in the spirit of things. Feel it, it is here. Won't i burst out crying. not quite sure why. Then Lady Antebellums latest release comes on "I need you now" :cry: water works is an understatement. it was more like Niagra falls. and i couldn't explain it. i was inconsolable!

And the fatigue is back in spades and my 2 1/2year old son is having none of that sleepiness mum!

We haven't told a single soul about the preggers and i swear people are going to start thinking I'm a nut case!

Morning guys :)

I'm a bit like that Smudge. Randomly I've just eaten a strawberry sandwich, which was the only thing I could even contemplate lol. It sounds weird I know, but it was delicious...honestly! :)

I'm sorry you're feeling so tearful and tired mommyd :( I've had fits of being an emotional wreck too and of being really snappy (poor OH lol). At least it's another reassuring preg symptom I guess, though I know that's not much help when you're trying to hold it together in front of people! It's awful when you can't tell people isn't it - you're all emotional and starting to gain weight and you can't tell anyone the excuse!

I've had a complete crisis of confidence since last night. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was initially because of the symptoms not being so pronounced. I need the 6ww to be over :(

O KitKatB - I feel the same as you - confidence crisis. I know i shouldn't compare pregnancies but with my DS at 5 weeks i was puking my gutts out! like a poster child for pregnancy symptoms. and the symptoms i'm feeling now isn't as reassuring as nausea and hurling. I dunno how i am going to make it to June 21. I'm actually feeling like such a basket case today. I called OH 30mins ago just to chat about how i'm feeling and all i could manage was "hello" then the tears came. thankfully my colleagues are all men and they're slightly oblivious to me and my emotional state. My manager knows I'm prego but she sits on the 2nd floor so i can avoid her altogether for days at a time if i need to. but she's sensitive to me and my "state".
And to make matters worse - i was 5 weeks 6 days when the last m/c happened so that's also on my mind :sad:

I have got to join this group....I had a MC on April 24th and got a new :bfp: 4w1d later. I am now 6w4d and man oh man I am so in your boat! I am freaking out at every little twinge and am so nervous about my numbers. My doc wont draw anymore until June 22nd! I wish I could get a private scan!

Hey VGibs - welcome to our little group - together we'll all go insane at some point!:haha:

What were your last numbers? at least you made it to 6w4d!!! the lot of us are slowly inching our way there. and it's taking so fooking long.

I'm comparing to my MC preg instead - this one is feeling far too similar :(

I'm sorry you're having to deal with it at work - it's good your colleagues are blissfully ignorant of it all lol. I'm working from home today, so at least i don't have that issue. I guess you're bound to feel worse in the run up to your last mc time? I'm sure you'll sail past it no problems though - your HGC levels were great!! :hugs:

I'm going to hold out until next Monday and then ring the EPU to try to get a scan. I'm still having mild cramps too, so maybe if I tell them that they'll fit me in quickly.

Hi VGibs,

sorry, I missed your post some how! Welcome to the half preggers! :)

Well done on making it through the 6ww at least. I hope the 22nd comes quickly for you :hugs:

I'm going to try contacting my EPU directly for a scan next week - they gave me all their numbers when I had the mc. I guess we'll all just have to keep focussing on these smaller milestones and trying to keep each other sane in the mean time.

I can't quite pinpoint what symtoms i had with mc. i had maybe mild nausea. and slight fatigue. but it all happened so fast that i can't remember much of it. (only how i felt after). If i had to be brutally honest with myself i'd have to admit that i am terrified of this bean not sticking. I'm so tempted to go and get my bloods done again, but then i think - what if the bloods come back "not good"? how will i deal with it? is it better to just expect the unexpected - which i'm not sure what it is right now - or shall i be forward and tempt the unexpected? this is probably not making sense to anyone right now - it's just ramblings of a mad woman - a mad, half pregnant woman.

and I am SOOOOO SORRYYY for being such a downer today. I know you guys probably don't need to hear my ramblings. I hate not being in control of myself.

But I'm sure and praying we're all 100's when we have our first scans done!

I'm going to hold out until next Monday and then ring the EPU to try to get a scan. I'm still having mild cramps too, so maybe if I tell them that they'll fit me in quickly.

Mild cramping is often an early pregger symptom. It could be your uterus stretching to make space for Beanie.

On a different note though - and this may be TMI - but all of a sudden i have an abundance of cm ... like in the weeks running up to my BFP? is this normal? like when i wipe it's on the tp - eggwhite slimy (sorry for TMI).
But as you may know we watch and notice EVERY change in our bodies.

I think that's a normal preg symptom too mommyd. I've been getting lots of creamy cm. Just now I thought maybe it had a pink tinge too :( but it was hard to tell because it was so pale. I could just be driving myself crazy.

I was feeling guilty too for putting so much negativity on here. Maybe we need to put a health warning on the thread title??!!

Smudge is going to come on and be disgraced with us! rofl

LOL... I'm sure everyones emotions are all over the place right now.
I just counted the days until June 21 - if i am indeed 5w3d then i will be 7 weeks along for my first scan... small steps - aim for the 6w mark AND then the 7week mark.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->