Cautiously 'here' ! *2boys4girlsAllhereAllhealthyWedidit!!!!*

Morning my little "Cautious Club"! How is everyone feeling today????? Ive had super sicky feeling the passed few days but I hope my OH's DNA keeps it away!

So I joined the January Jellybeans...and I don't know why but the whole thread kind of annoys me. A lot of them are 2 weeks ahead of me and I dont think any of them know what it is like to have had a MC....I dunno. It's just one of those "I don't belong here" kind of feelings. I say we make our own :bfp: after mc thread LOL

HI girls can I join you?

I am due the same day as Vgibs and I have my first midwife appoinment tomorrow at 10am!!! I am really nervous about it and last night I had a dream that when I got there the midwife said i wasnt pregnant and I had justbeen imagining it all!!!

I am desperate to have an early scan as Ilost my bean in Oct last year at 5and a half weeks. When I went to epu for my miscarraige I saw a lovely midwife who was really supportive and said that when I fell oregantn this time I could ring up to get bloods done and an early scan. Howver when Irang up i found out that the midwife i had seen before is on maternity leave (!) and the one I spoke to was really rude. She said I had only had one miscarriage so I should not be worried nd was not entitled to an early scan or bloods.

DO you think I should ask my midwife when I see her tomorrow or do you think it would be a wate of my time.

YAY - smudge! i am so so so so pleased your bloods were great! it must be SUPER high if they're getting you in for a scan already!
KitKatB - any news hun?
VGib - lots of women have no idea or empathy with ladies who have experienced a miscarriage and then gone on to get prego again. from what i've been reading in other threads - quite a few of these ladies are just plain insensitive if you ask me. I'm a february lovebug and i love that thread aside from the few crappy comments made by others - but i must admit i find the most comfort in this thread - with the ladies on here. And it's most probably because we've all been through the same thing. But yes - i know what you mean.
Smiler79 - welcome hun! wishing you a super sticky bean. I think you should ask your midwife - but you need to be firm when you ask her. I've found that people in that position prey on uncertainty and indecisiveness. so when you ask i reckon ask in such a way that she knows you are requesting it and not wanting her opinion - but with respect. get what i mean. Look her square in the eye and ask "I'd like to have bloods and an early scan done please". and if she says no - tell her about what the previous mw said to you.

I've been feeling SUPER :sick: the past 2 days with this morning being the worst. I'm starting to feel like i did with my first. AND wait for it .... I'm 6w1d (i think). this is sort of a milestone for me since the last prego didn't make it to 6 weeks. 6 more days until i go for my OB scan. A friend went for her scan on saturday and is due Jan, 25. everything is all good. we were prego the same time with our first kids - born 3 months apart - and now we're prego together again. anyway - it was so reassuring and nerve racking at the same time to hear her talk about her anticipation leading up to the scan.

how have we all been doing?

Hi halfers xxx

I'm glad everyone's either feeling nice and :sick: or has fab hcg numbers :yipee: That's SUCH good news Smudge and great that you get your scan now!!! :wohoo: I can't wait to see your pics!!!

Congratulations on making it through the 6ww mommyd!! :) I'm right with you after tomorrow! Less than a week until your scan! :happydance:

Welcome Smiler :hugs: I hope your appointment goes well and that she's helpful and sympathetic. I haven't had much luck getting any extra reassurance measures, but it does seem to vary a lot from place to place what they'll do. If they're resisting you might just have to be really pushy like I was to get my blood tests. Speaking of which...

...I got my results and they're good!!! I think lol. It was 2163, so although I had to work it out rather crudely, based on when I got my bfp etc, I think that's great - do you agree??

Using 25ml/U tests, I got a bfn on the 28th May and a bfp on the 30th, so working on the basis that my hCG was 25 then and doubling it every 2 days:

30th May: 25
1st June: 50
3rd June: 100
5th June: 200
7th June: 400
9th June: 800
10th June: blood test - 2163!!

Is that right? and is that good? Is it ok that it's much higher than it should be going by the doubling thing? or have I worked it out wrong? I need someone to confirm that that's good news lol. My doc just said that that meant my levels were within the 'normal' range and that was a good sign, but it didn't necessarily mean everything was ok!! I mean, I get that she's trying to be cautious and not raise false hopes, but jees!!!

I totally know what you mean about other threads VGibs. People can be quite thoughtless and I find I can't really be honest about how things are for me either. Plus I just can't relate when it's full of people wishing symptoms away or taking things for granted. I was thinking that once we're all through the 12ww we could change the title of this thread to Late Jan/early Feb PAL Babies or something? What do you all think?

Hope everyone's well (or not well symptoms-wise lol) today. Lots of love xx

Your levels look good KitKatB!
Are you having more bloods drawn? I've just come from the supermarket down the road from my office and it was such a joke getting there.
I took the elevator from my office to the basement where i park - then i started feeling really sick. like so sick that i couldn't walk and not hurl at the same time. So i took the elevator back up to the first floor and dashed into the bathroom. where all i did was mimick the hurling motions and BURB!!! i find that most times when nausea hits - i either have excessive saliva or i have HECTIC burps that replace the actual hurl coming out. (sorry TMI). anyway - i go back down to my car drive to the store only to get sick when i park!

so in i go - get a chicken mayo sub. water (because the office filter water tastes like bleach). chewing gum. popcorn. sweets (4 packets), grapes, gingerbeer and an umbrella (cuz it's winter and pouring with rain). i plan to eat until i go to sleep tonight - because that's what seems to be sorting out the nausea today.

But ladies i tell you - if i had doubts before that i was prego - todays bout of nausea has vanquished such thoughts.

Has anyone had a scan yet?

Woohoo, so much good news !!

Welcome Smiler !

Kit- your numbers look great. I'm been all over google looking up stuff about high hcg too. I was 25miu on May 24th then 12877miu on 7 June (exactly 2 weeks later. If it had doubled every 48 to 72 like it's supposed to I should have had a hcg somewhere around 3000. I used a doubling calculator and my hcg doubles every 37 hours. This is a great site https://www.betabase.info/

MommyD- I'm jealous of your :sick: I've never ever vomited from ms, but I have felt pretty bloody ordinary. I had a scary time last week where I felt completely normal for 2 days and convinced myself it was all over. But my erkyness has returned. I either feel really, REALLy hungry (like stomach swirling hunger) or I feel bloated and yuck and I burp a lot. It usually hits at night.

Vgibs - i know it's hard not to be angry at other posters because what they say seems insensitive and sometimes downright stupid. I find I have enough of that in every day life (not that anyone knows I'm pg yet). I don't go on those boards because I know I'll end up lecturing (ranting) at someone. These women simply haven't had the same experience therefore they don't see or feel things the same as you do. I get angry at women who think that everythings sweet as soon as they see a bfp. For the majority, there will never be any reason to think otherwise. If they did, they'd be told to be positive and that their fears are unfounded. But I know it's different and I can't blame them for their innocence, I was like that once too. I've had a neonatal loss and a mc, there is NEVER a time in pregnancy where I don't worry. I wish I was still blithely unaware that things could actually go wrong for me. In my first pregnancy, every time I read a magazine or book, there was always a chapter that dealt with such topics and I always skipped them. Not because I was afraid or worried I would jinx myself if I read them, I just wholeheartedly believed it didn't apply to me. I was wrong, my son died 2 days after he was born.

Wow, I didn't realise how much I wrote ! I could go on for pages, sorry:hugs:

Ok, well I got a little bit freaked out on the weekend. On Saturday I had really weird pain. It was in my lower back, and sort of in my stomach but it didn't feel like cramps. It lasted for hours and I kept running to the loo just waiting to see something :cry: It went away, but it was painful and scary ! I think it was stretching.

I have just over 48 hours to go until my scan. So nervous. I'm about 7 weeks or so now-going to let the scan tell me exactly because I'm not sure. My hcg last Thursday was somewhere up around 30,000miu so there's no denying something should show up. Fingers crossed :thumbup:

Okay girls...last night I had a funny light brown bit of EWCM. It was not very much at all and I had no cramping or anything. I thought maybe it was from ummmm well fooling around with OH and having a Big O...or two. hehehe But we had not had any dancing since tuesday so it seems unlikely that it couldve been a bump and bleed from babydancing. I scared myself silly and spent most of the day today running to the toliet to see if there was any blood or anything. I find today because I am so aware and concentrated on having cramps that I keep imagining them or something. Then I will forget about it for awhile and then think about it again and start to feel crampy. Can I really be thinking myslef crampy??? I don't get to see my doctor until the 25th now and I am going to have a proper boo hoo on the phone with the nurse tomorrow and see what she can do for me.

Smudge - I was telling my OH the other night that i wished to God I was innocent and unaware now. That I prayed for my fear to go away and for everything to be sane and rational again. He just smiled and said "But today is today and yesterday is yesterday and yesterday showed you how bright today can be." *very Zen like of him I must say*

Kit Kat - VERY good numbers lady!

Mommydeux - It rains in the winter....what a novel idea LOL What excatly is 4 packets of sweets???

Wow V ! Very zen ! If my husband ever came out with something like that I'd be sniffing his breath ! Don't get me wrong, he's wonderful but completely and frustratingly practical. I hope the spotting has gone ? That would freak me out completely. I check every single time I go to the bathroom. :hugs: I hope you get to talk to the nurse. You could always front up to the ER and demand to be seen.

I'm currently feeling really iiiiicccccckkkkkkk. I had a baked bean and cheese toastie a few hours ago and it was divine......then. Now the mere thought makes me want to vomit, but I won't !! I'm trying to get a whole lot of housework done because my house is revolting, but I keep needing to sit down. I just feel blergh. Good news eh ? To top it off, my girls are driving me bonkers and all I want to do is yell at them and then go and have a nap, but I can't.

47 hours till scan appointment - I just had a very positive thought.........I wonder if it could be twins ? oohhhh, I need to stop torturing myself.......:wacko:

4 Packets of sweets - 125g each.

We're the only region in the country that gets winter rain. the rest of the country has summer rains. So here, in Cape Town our winters are extra chilly and wet (sometimes we're blessed with snow on the mountain tops as well) the rest of the country just has super low temps and is icey cold but no rain.

I wish my OH had something Zen to say other than "Are you hurling again?" Ladies - this morning my 2 year came into the bathroom to find mommy hugging the toilet. he was most disturbed and promptly ran to go get a band aid, came back and tried to hold me. then reckons "Twy not to spit your tongue into the toilet mom".

how's everyone feeling today?

It's 1.30am here and as usual I can't sleep !

Wish it rained here, MommyD. I live in Southern California ie desert and it just never rains. When there's a half hearted attempt at it, it's a depressing spotty drizzle that never lasts long. I miss Australia where it rains properly- drenching downpours that flood everything.

Nothing new to report, I do need to buy new bras though. Gave husband a cuddle and I swear there was 3 of us, me, him and my boobs.:haha:

Well ladies I am going to drop my daughter off at school and head to the hospital. Two days in a row I have got some funny light brown staining and although everyone keeps telling me its nothing I am scared to death and unable to think straight so I am going to the hospital and going to find out for sure what is going on. Im scared to death but I want to know one way or the other.

Fx VGibs! praying for u hun!

dh seems to be EXTRA randy this week. and all i want to do is sleep. i think i may have to get frisky tonight. i hate this part of pregoship - tha part where sexual desire goes down the drain!!!!

With ds it came back in spades in my last trimester! so much so that dh was te one declining. TMI i know.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: Been queasy as hell this morning. And SOOOO hungry. think i'm going to try my luck with some Lasagne and Chai tea and maybe a grapetiser.

:hi: everyone,

I really really hope you're currently getting very good news at the hospital VGibs :hugs: We're all thinking of you.

I'm trying to get a scan too - I've been having really horrible cramps low down and towards my back today and my symptoms have really eased off too. I rang the contact number I had for the EPU, but got the voicemail so I'm waiting for a call back. Smudge, it's reassuring to see you had similar pains and they went away - hopefully mine are just stretching too :(

Not long until your scan Smudge! Do you know, I had the same thought about you having twins - that would explain the high numbers ;) Thanks for the link to that site :) According to that my doubling time is 41 hours.

Hurrah for all the :sick: mommyd. I'm always the same randiness-wise. I just can't get up the enthusiasm for the first tri, but because of my awful mood swings I seem to get upset if I think poor OH isn't wanting me anyway. The poor guy can't win. He's so sweet all the time and I'm being a cow bag!

KitKayB - Yay - you're at the 6w mark!!! how are you feeling? have EPU called you back yet?

Vgibs? good news i hope.

i had this awesome lunch today. a BLT with Avo on really big slices of bread and potatoe wedges on the side and a Chai Latte. was really dissappointed i couldn't order the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. and when i got to the resturant the desparate need i had for lasagne was gone.

some of my bloating is gone. but my tummy is still looking very round. not gained much weight. i normally weigh 46kg and now weigh roughly 49kg.

I have an ultrasound booked for 2:30....I am nervous but also excited to be getting some answers

Hi Vgibs please keep us posted praying everything is ok for you.

I had my midwife appt and it was all very boring. Took blood and urine samples and talkesd through al the stuff I cant eat and arranged a home visit for the 30/6

Mt midwife was lovely and I di ask about the early scan but she reassured me that there is not a high risk of anything bad happening this time but has given me her mobile number and told me to ring her of i have any unusual pain or bleeding and she will get me booked in for a scan straight away.

How is eveyone else doing?

My boons are still really sore and I think I may need to get some new bras soon! Feel bad as hubby has just bought me a load of new pretty ones as a treat for losing 2 and a half stone! Oh well more of an incentive to lose the weight after bubs arrives!!!

The EPU rang back and said I need a referal from my GP, but she said last time that she won't refer me unless i'm actually bleeding. The cramps have actually eased off a little bit, but they're still there and I still have NO symptoms whatsoever. It's kind of taken the edge off reaching 6w.

So is that in an hour and a half ish VGibs? I'm not sure I've got the time diff right. I've got everything crossed for you!

Also girls I am quite worreid about something. I went to the doctors today after worrk as i have got a patch of what looks like litlle blisters on my chin. He thinks I have got impetigo (guess i got it from the kids at school but dont know which one.)

The thing is he has given me a cream in the hope that it will clear it up but e said if it spreads, gets worse or does not appear to be getting better by friday then I need to go back and be put on antibiotics.

Do any of you know how safe it is for me to hav antibiotics in the first trimester.

The only good thing is he has told me to take acouple of days off as I cold give it to the kids at school, so it will give me a chance to have a bit of a rest as I feel exhaustyed all the time at the moment !!!

Ya in about an hour and a half....Im scared because I have to bring my daughter wioth me and I pray to god it is good news because I am worried what she will do if it is bad news.

VGibs - I take it there's no one you can leave her with? Would you trust anyone at the hospital to watch her while you're in there? When I went to the doctors and had to take my LO with me the asked if I'd like one of the receptionists to watch her.

Smiler - I think it depends which type of antibiotics it is. Maybe if it doesn't clear up you could ring and ask what he would want to put you on and google it? Hopefully the cream will sort it anyway :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->