Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Anyone else feel way more pregnant than they are? I feel like I should be at 20 weeks, not 6+3.

Actually I don't feel pregnant enough lol but I know what you mean!

hey guys!! hope everyone is well!

ha i feel like ive known forever lol, i hav a little beer belly and hubby keeps sayin i look 5 months pregnant!! its all the food- i cant stop eating!!! :S

I am still so nervous, i have an addiction to poas and a phobia of wiping incase theres blood, its awful!!

I have stopped POAS for now, I don't think they can get any darker! I wish I had the wiping phobia instead of the MMC phobia. Only one spot of blood last time, and it was wayyyyyy after the problem had occurred. I know it probably won't happen again, but can't help but be wary. 10 days to go until scan! :wacko:

I definitely still have a twinge of fear every time I wipe, but it's definitely getting less prominent now. I stopped POAS after I got my 3rd BFP. I think I got my fill of it, lol.

I stopped when I got the test as dark as it will go! Oh, and also because I got a 3+ on the digi, there is no more testing thats worth it now...and I'm not going to be tempted by that uber test either!

My lazy right boob is catching up to the left and has finally started to ache a bit! :happydance:

Hey guys, thought I would chip in here.

I had a miscarriage in June 2011. Unfortunately for me, because of how far along I actually was at the time, its going to mean me not relaxing for quite awhile, if at all during this period of time. I was 18 weeks along when mine happened. Tests showed there was an infection in the uterus, a chorioamniotic infection thing. I was told that it would be unlikely for it to happen again, that I have a good shot at having a healthy pregnancy, especially since I already have had one healthy child, but it doesn't help though. Im still so nervous about the possibilities of having a repeat.

A few days before the actual miscarriage happened, I had started having contractions and went to the emergency with that, and was diagnosed with a UTI then and put on meds for it, and my midwife thinks that maybe it was the trigger for stuff, irritating the uterus, so Im planning on asking for urine tests to make sure there aren't any infections, and if there are, seeing if I can't get them headed off early so that they hopefully can't cause anything bad to happen.

This time around, I haven't had a positive test, because I can't afford them, but the fact im like 2 weeks late now, and have had the whole nipple sensitivity and nausea, its pretty obvious to me. Im about 5 weeks and 6 days, based on LMP date.

Hi Sprite :hugs: I can't imagine how that must have felt, and yes it does indeed sound like you are pregnant again, and so I would like to say a cautious congratulations :flower: Given what happened last time they should be extra careful with you this time, and give you lots of appointments to check all is well and tests for infection regularly.

I know they mean well by saying it probably won't happen again, and its true its very unlikely, but its not helpful at all is it? What you need to hear is that they will watch you closely and make sure it doesn't happen again!

Happy 6 weeks Loz! Your baby is now the size of a sweet pea!

Good Morning ladies,

Sorry I have been absent over the weekend - I seemed to have a chocka one :)
How is everyone feeling?

Welcome Sprite :flower: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine having the worries for the amount of time you are going to have this time :hugs: But with all of the extra care you will be given this time all should be ok.

JD, I have the exact same fear of wiping! I'm scared every time in case I see any blood - I just wish I could relax a little more as I know this behaviour is doing me or my little bean no good.

Loz, not long till your scan now eeek!

Sarah, how are you feeling? Still feel like you are more pregnant than you are? I think that MUST be a good sign as your HCG levels must be raging :thumbup:

AFM: Well, I have me booking appointment on Thursday morning and should have a date for my early scan by the end of the week. I will be 5weeks tomorrow and this it has actually gone quite fast since I found out - I'm sure that will change when I have a date for my early scan though as I bet time will start to drag then :haha:

Hope all you lovely ladies had a great weekend xxx

Hi everyone- Happy Monday- or as it is for me- tired monday!!!

this sounds sooo silly but im so glad i got over yesterday- 4 weeks and 1 day I am now- sundays are the worst cos thats when i lost my last baby, so everytime i see a monday im like 'YEY'!!!! :) i suppose it gets rid of the Monday blues!!

Hubby confided last night that he is really scared- he was trying to go through things that might happen and i just kept sayin theres nothing we can do either way- but its cute that he worries!!

How is everyone feeling today?

Morning JD :wave:

OMG are you suffering extreme tiredness too? I have never been this tired during a pregnancy before. I am going to bed at like 8pm each night and still feeling sleepy lol!

Awww how sweet of your hubby. It is true though. Even though they didn't go through the physical aspect of MC they still went through it emotionally and I think it affects that just like us but in a different way.

My hubby and I had a massive heart to heart after the mc when I broke down and it was so reassuring to know he was feeling the same as me but was trying to be strong for my sake. We have spoken to each other of our worries this time but we are trying to remain as positive as we can :)

These babies ARE our sticky ones ladies PMA :winkwink:

OMG ive just had my lunch and am back to my desk in work and freaked out cos my stomach started to hurt..... then let a MAHOOSIVE fart out of me!! This extra wind is hilarious!! lol!!! thank goodness noone was near me or they would have been disgusted!! :D

Hi ladies

Sorry i havent been around since my first post but we moved house this weekend and we dont have broadband at home yet so back at work now and logging on!!!!

Nice to meet everyone, so sorry for your previous losses but we are all in the right place now for some good PMA and sticky :dust:

Smiler, thanks for sharing the thread, it really does help to know that people in our situation come out with a happy ending :flower:

LOL, JD, Ive been soooo windy and gassy, apparently its the progesterone that slows our metabolism to allowus to absorb more "goodness" that creates more air bubbles and so bloating and wind ... how attractive!!! I cant stop burping!!

Seems like the doctors and GPs are a pretty mixed bag but on the whole useless, mine was really abrupt with me and so i wont be seeing her again! Luckily the FS is lovely and last time i saw the midwife they were nice too, im going to make my booking appt once I have had my scan in 9 days!!!!!

Big hugs ladies we can do it!!!! xxxx

Keeping everything crossed for you clobo!! 9 more sleeps!
Sarah im thinking of copying you and getting pregnant again before af!! I never do when I try but thinking of giving it a go!

Yes Fili, PMA chick!! You've been through so much this year already and yet here you are cheering us on, you really deserve your sticky bean so lots of :dust: for you!!

xxxx

I second clobo Fili :thumbup:

You are such an inspirational woman and your strength, knowledge and humour has really helped me through tough times (strange really as I don't even know you :haha: )

I am sending you loads and loads of :dust: as like Clobo said - you really deserve your sticky bean :hugs:

Yey scan in 9days Clobo :happydance: can't wait ot hear how perfect everything is :) xxxx

Aww thanks girls, I'm quite excited about ttc again, i must be mad i should surely be pit off by now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->