• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

CB advanced digital. No flashing smiley, straight to Peak from low?

Mocha_Baby XD

Freya & Aurora's Mummy =D
Reaction score
Hi ladies!:flower:

This is our first cycle ttc #3, so i decided to buy the digi's instead. (last pregnancy we caught the egg first go, i was using OPK sticks.

Yesterday morning i still had low fertility, but when i took a test this morning, it went straight to peak! no high fertility, just low to peak. Currently on CD 15 of a 29 day cycle.

Is this normal?:shrug: I've had small patches of ewcm since sunday, but today it's abundant.

12434413_10153496338303073_2146988213_n.jpg

12434251_10153496342558073_1546715617_n.jpg

Yes, the flashing is your estrogen surge which typically happens days before your lh surge. Think of it as the estrogen preps for the lh preps for the O. That's why the packet suggests starting to test around CD 7/8 for average length periods. Get a couple lows then flashes then solid :). Since you tested so late, it counts your estrogen surge as your estrogen threshold which is why you could even get lows for a couple days. The first test of your cycle is setting the standard for that cycle. So since you are lh surging now, you went straight to detecting that.

You can keep using the sticks or buy some generics but you might want to keep testing to see where you are in your surge. At some point, the test line will be REALLY dark. From that point, O is about 8-16 hours away.

Fxed

Yes, the flashing is your estrogen surge which typically happens days before your lh surge. Think of it as the estrogen preps for the lh preps for the O. That's why the packet suggests starting to test around CD 7/8 for average length periods. Get a couple lows then flashes then solid :). Since you tested so late, it counts your estrogen surge as your estrogen threshold which is why you could even get lows for a couple days. The first test of your cycle is setting the standard for that cycle. So since you are lh surging now, you went straight to detecting that.

You can keep using the sticks or buy some generics but you might want to keep testing to see where you are in your surge. At some point, the test line will be REALLY dark. From that point, O is about 8-16 hours away.

Fxed

Thanks for that :)
I started to test on CD 12, was that too late then? I already did:haha: showed hubby the stick, and it was on:blush:

I have a 25-27 day cycle and I checked all of my CB charts back to June, I was already getting flashing smiles by CD 12. But I usually O between CD 12-15. It's tough because if you start too early, you end up getting too many flashing smiles. For a 28 day cycle, pretty sure it recommends starting with fmu on CD 7 or 8. Once you get your flashing you can test multiple times a day since most ladies (myself included) start to surge in the afternoon

The numbers on top are cycle lengths. The number on bottom are cycle day to start testing. Starting CD 12 is recommended for cycle lengths of 32 days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 4
Was planning on buying some tomorrow. It will be cd 12 on a 31 day cycle. Too late?

Should be ok. Ideally a start on CD 11, but even if you don't get your flashes as long as you bd on your first solid day you are fine :)

How is the advanced compared to just the regular CB digital? The price difference is pretty difference

I never used their regular. The difference is the advanced detects your estrogen surge and lh surge. The regular only detects lh. For scientific purposes I don't remember, you get a surge of estrogen for a few (usually 1-3) days before your lh surge. Because of sperm longevity, your estrogen surge is consider a highly fertile period as well. Also, if you just rely on your lh surge you might miss your window/ chances of conception on day of O is only 5%. So this just opens your window up a bit more. It is definitely an investment though.

I use it because SO don't live together yet so we needed to know what days he had to sleepover. But honestly if you have what my friend calls a live in penis I think it's overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"