CB digital advanced accuracy??

awnmyown

Reaction score
So AF was expected on Monday and she didn't come. I had tested early but got nervous and took a CB digital Christmas morning to see what it would say, expecting 2-3 weeks since by my calculations it would be 19 days (I was temping and using opks so I know when I od). The test said 3+ weeks.

That puts my hcg over 2000, which seems high for 19 days gestation?? Anyone else use it and get a higher than expected result? I of course googled it and Google and freaked out with the horror stories :(

CB digitals aren't always as accurate as they like to brand themselves as being. Also HCG levels differ from pregnancy to pregnancy, some women start out low and some women start out higher. You could have ovulated a lot earlier than you thought too. Could be twins!!

But try to relax and not to worry which is easier said than done :hugs:

I dont think they are very accurate!! My AF was only due this week. I took a CB yesterday and it was 1-2 weeks, then took one again today just because it was a pack of 2 and Im still in shock HA! And my results today are 2-3 weeks. Please dont worry!!

Okay thanks Ladies!! And the notion of twins scares the crap out of me; my older sisters are fraternal twins and that's one set of genes I don't want to inherit from our mom!

I wouldn't worry if it's saying ahead of time, I would be more worried if it was below what you expected. I tested exactly 5 weeks since my last period and got 3+ weeks which was bang on but it could well have said it sooner if I had tested. I'm sure you are fine, be thankful you have nice high numbers being detected :) xx

Glad to see you here, Awnmyown, and a big congrats! :)

I don't think the digis mean much. Maybe you can get in to your doctor for betas? That will tell you your exact levels. My doctor usually has me come in that same day and if she can't see me, she has one of her nurses draw blood and she calls me later that day with the results.

Oddly they don't usually do betas here from what I was told, but my doc did one anyway. Our health system is weird, you don't really get anyone calling you with results unless they are abnormal or the clinic calls you in to see the doctor who gives them to you. No one other than the doc can provide test results and since they get paid when they see a patient, they don't give results over the phone. I had my blood drawn last Tuesday right before the clinic closed for christmas. I'm not sure how long results will take and I'm just hoping the doc doesn't call me in for some bad news :s Otherwise I won't see her until I decide where we want to deliver so she can make a referral. I honestly have no idea since I wanted a midwife but they're totally swamped. Ugh. Sometimes I wish we had the option of private Healthcare.

I had the opposite scare. i was getting only 1-2 weeks when i should have been getting 3+ had betas drawn again and they were 3575 the same day i got 1-2 weeks. My fertility doctor said he hates those tests they are horribly inaccurate and cause women to panic. (funny i actually googled them and found out they just had a recalled hmmm). Try not to worry too much. I hope everything is going to go fine :) also my friends beta was 5000+ at 20dpo and she only had one baby growing. Every pregnancy is different.

Just realised were due on the same day! I'm 5 weeks 2 days today too. I'm sure it'll change when I get a scan! I've just seen you've booked a private scan at 8 w, were thinking of doing the same. When did you book in for?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->