CBFM and OPK's

JerseyRose

TTC#2
Reaction score
Anyone using CBFM and clearblue digital OPK's?

I'm thinking of buying a CBFM. I'm mid cycle so can you start using the CBFM mid cycle? Is it worth using opk's at the same time or if I get the CBFM should I not worry about using the opk's?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi- I used clear blue OPK for the first time this month. I was trying to decide between CBFM and the OPK and decided that since the CBFM was so expensive that I would try the OPK first. My opinion the OPK is worth trying for a few cycles first. Inside the OPK box there is an instruction sheet that tells you what day to start testing based on how long your cycle is. I followed the chart and it worked like a charm. I got the high fertility reading on CD17 (two days ago) a second high fertility day CD18 (yesterday) and then peak fertility this morning CD19. You're supposed to BD each of those high days so now I just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed!!!

OPK is very easy to use and very accurate. I'm not sure the benefit to using the CBFM instead since I never used it. From all the research I did, it sounds like the CBFM remembers you and your cycle for multiple cycles so in the long run can get more accurate?

You can not start mid cycle on either OPK or CBFM. You have to start on a certain day. I think with CBFM you can as late as CD5. With the OPK you start on a day based on your cycle length (follow their chart).

Hope this info helps. I spent so much time researching this same question before I decided to try OPK. If it doesn't work this month I would definitely try OPK again. I don't see a reason for me to ever switch to CBFM since the OPK gave me perfect readings.

One other piece of info, I used the advanced digital Clear Blue OPK. I bought the package that had 20 sticks in it (to last for two cycles). It was $65. The package for just one month was $50 so made sense to me in case I needed more than one month, i'd save money buying the larger box. You can not purchase refill sticks you have to purchase a whole new OPK.

good luck!!!

sorry to answer your other question... I don't think there is a reason to use both. They both do the same thing in regards to telling you when you're ovulating.

Thanks for your reply cek, very helpful!

So I caved and bought a CBFM off eBay so should arrive next week. My question is why would clearblue bring out a monitor if you could just their use opk's? I've used Internet cheapie opk's before and never had much luck. So this is my first month using clear blue digital opk's. The thing is that my cycles are irregular, and I'm currently on my second cycle after a mc. Last month my cycle was even longer probably because of the mc, so I have no idea about my cycles now, even less of an idea than before! I do temp which is great for telling me that I have already O'd.

I think I'll use the opk's this month and then start using the CBFM next month (hoping I won't have to tho)!

Thanks for your reply cek, very helpful!

So I caved and bought a CBFM off eBay so should arrive next week. My question is why would clearblue bring out a monitor if you could just their use opk's? I've used Internet cheapie opk's before and never had much luck. So this is my first month using clear blue digital opk's. The thing is that my cycles are irregular, and I'm currently on my second cycle after a mc. Last month my cycle was even longer probably because of the mc, so I have no idea about my cycles now, even less of an idea than before! I do temp which is great for telling me that I have already O'd.

I think I'll use the opk's this month and then start using the CBFM next month (hoping I won't have to tho)!
JerseyRose- i'm so so sorry to hear about your mc. You are right that it probably threw off your cycle a bit. The CBFM might be a great option for you then. The CBFM gives you up to 6 days of peak fertility while the advanced digital OPK gives you up to 4 days. The CBFM will store your personal cycle info, so it can be very helpful for people with irregular cycles.
For me, as of now, my cycle is still pretty regular so the OPK was easy for me to use, but after another cycle or two if we don't conceive I would definitely consider trying the monitor.
I haven't tried temping yet because like you said, it only helps tell you after you've O'd. So you have to temp for a while to learn your pattern so that in theory you can predict before you O. We're TTC as soon as possible so at least you can try the OPK or CBFM right away on any cycle.
I hope the OPK works for you!!!!! I will think positive thoughts for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->