CBFM users (stupid question alert)

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
I know that I shouldn't be worrying about this yet:blush:

However, this is my first cycle using the cbfm and on CD9 I'm still on low fertility. My cycles have ranged from 25-31 days since we started ttc again although the last couple have been nearer the 25 day mark. Is it normal to still get low readings on CD9? It's only because I've seen people who've got highs on CD6 so it's started to worry me a bit.

Its perfectly normal.

Thing is, the CBFM doesn't know your body yet....and your normal hormone levels are very different to the next persons. So it's just working off 'standard' settings right now. When it sees a change in levels it will let you know (and store this info for future comparisons), and you may only get one high, you may get five or you may get none, and it go straight to peak. But this will pretty much only be for the first month.....two at a max if your cycles are irregular.

What day do you believe you Ov? You should ordinarily be looking out for a high reading approx two days before....ie one day before you would have normally got a + OPK previously.

Its a clever little box, but it does need to do its 'information gathering' first, and thats essentially what this month is about.

Incidentally....I've used my CBFM twice and each time the first month it has shown I Ov'd later than i do ordinarily....although I believed it, as my EWCM matched what the CBFM said. I wonder if all the anticipation can delay Ov slightly as well?

Hiya hun

Lyns has done a great job of explaining... its perfectly normal so dont worry xx

Its perfectly normal.

Thing is, the CBFM doesn't know your body yet....and your normal hormone levels are very different to the next persons. So it's just working off 'standard' settings right now. When it sees a change in levels it will let you know (and store this inof for future comparisons), and you may only get one high, you may get five or you may get none, and it go straight to peak. But this will pretty much only be for the first month.....two at a max if your cycles are irregular.

What day do you believe you Ov? You should ordinarily be looking out for a high reading approx two days before....ie one day before you would have normally got a + OPK previously.

Its a clever little box, but it does need to do its 'information gathering' first, and thats essentially what this month is about.

Incidentally....I've used my CBFM twice and each time the first month it has shown I Ov'd later than i do ordinarily....although I believed it, as my EWCM matched what the CBFM said. I wonder if all the anticipation can delay Ov slightly as well?

I usually ov on CD16-20 although last month I took vit b6 (I'm still taking it this month) and I got a pos OPK on CD13. I did wonder if it was me wanting a high that's stopping me getting one although I've not been too worried about things this cycle because I'm starting to believe we'll never get another bfp:cry:

I was the same I wanted my highso badly then when I got them they went on for 5 days til I got my peaks(which I didnt think I would get on my first cycle using it.

I was always told it takes a few cycles to adjust to your body.

EMma.xx

first month using mine i ovulated late making my AF 5 days late, i got a peak on CD 21. good luck hun

Nothing to worry about as Lyns has explained it really well!
My first month i had 4highs then PEAK, 2nd month 3, 3rd month 2, and 4th month 6!
1st month PEAK CD14/15 then all the rest CD15/16

I'm on month 3 with mine and it it is also still getting used to me. I got 7 highs before peak first month, starting on CD9; then 5 highs 2nd month starting on CD12. This month I'm already on CD16 and still no High, so it's stressing me out. I also think I may be delaying OV by stressing as I'm running out of time to fit it all in before my Laparoscopy date, but it is so hard to relax and let nature do it's thing when you are all wound up waiting for it!!!
Good luck and hope you get a High soon. Keep us posted,
Niki xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back