• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

CBFM When to test?

Lin2013

Reaction score
hi everyone, i just wondered do u find its best to use FMU or wait until up a while? i have just been searching online and noticed that some wait until SMU

I've used these and used fmu plus did a test in the afternoon too.

Thanks do u use cheapie ovulation test in the afternoon or CBFM?

All ovulation tests, you're supposed to avoid FMU. You should test between 10am and 8pm, hold for 4 hours, dry not to drink - especially 2 hours before testing, and your strongest surge is supposed to be 2pm. Obviously people can still get results at 11pm, FMU etc., but those are the things that are supposed to help with accuracy x

On my clear blue digital tests it said in the instructions to use fmu but with four hours sleep prior! I tested with cb digi again in the afternoon and always got the same result so fmu worked fine for me. I didn't use the cheapies so no advise on them, sorry. :flower:

On my clear blue digital tests it said in the instructions to use fmu but with four hours sleep prior! I tested with cb digi again in the afternoon and always got the same result so fmu worked fine for me. I didn't use the cheapies so no advise on them, sorry. :flower:

Yeah, a few people have said that. I re-read mine and it actually just gives it as an example (on the ones I have anyway) as opposed to "do it then". I think it's just because a lot of people might struggle to hold for 4 hours, and FMU is better than nothing. If it's the only time you can do I'm sure it's fine, but nice to know the "best" way to do it :) I use cheapies and clear blue digital and have got same results on both, but I guess it just depends which ones you get.

Yeah, a few people have said that. I re-read mine and it actually just gives it as an example (on the ones I have anyway) as opposed to "do it then". I think it's just because a lot of people might struggle to hold for 4 hours, and FMU is better than nothing. If it's the only time you can do I'm sure it's fine, but nice to know the "best" way to do it :) I use cheapies and clear blue digital and have got same results on both, but I guess it just depends which ones you get.
I found cheapies so frustrating so cb digis were my friend :) so easy to read rather than guessing hey lol :thumbup:

I found cheapies so frustrating so cb digis were my friend :) so easy to read rather than guessing hey lol :thumbup:

I got cheapies, and the digital ones to use when the line started going darker. I ended up using a digital one because I was on cd17 and still didn't even have a feint line. I got a smile face, then used a cheapie after you check and it gave a definite positive. Everyone else they seem to show when they're getting close...trust my body to be different!

thanks for replys so even with my clear blue fertility monitor u think it may be best to use SMU closer to 12:00 or 1 in the day?

As long as you hold it in for four hours without drinking loads of fluid you'll be fine. Fmu was good for me as I slept solid and soon as I woke I needed a wee and then I purposely didn't drink a lot in the morning and tested again in afternoon. So the key is don't drink loads and don't wee for 4 hours hehe. Xx

It's just because the hormone that an ovulation test is testing for is always present in your body to some degree. FMU is very concentrated (assuming you haven't gone overnight), so it can give a false positive. Everyone knows their own body best, just go with what you feel. If you're not sure and you can do an afternoon test, then just do that, or just do both like mummy to be x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"