CD 11 - BBT Flatlined :/

wlovew

Reaction score
So I'm on CD 11 just patiently awaiting O, planning to inseminate tomorrow (O'd on CD 15 last cycle, no EWCM yet tho....didn't get much last month either) and again Thursday night, then Sunday if I haven't O'd yet by then. But I have a weird looking issue - my BBT has seemed to flatline!! Three days in a row it has been 97.18. My thermometer is almost brand new. I turned it back on to temp again to see if it would change and I didn't put it in my mouth and it was dropping, so I'm assuming it's working fine. Why does this have to happen so close to O!?!? Is it normal to get flatline temps? Last month my chart was so perfect!! This month it looks so terrible! It's below in my signature. I drank twice last week (small amounts) and it really screwed with my temp making it shoot up. But look at my chart, it just doesn't look right! :nope:

According to FF it's not really "normal" but it's not a big thing to be concerned about unless it happens for several cycles in a row. No idea what it could be for you though:hugs:

Don't worry, it's fine and can be 'normal' for quite alot of women :thumbup:
If you've taken your temp during the day and its been different then I wouldn't be concerned about it x

OK, thanks ladies!! Got a new BBT just to be safe!

My chart looked similar to yours on the month that I conceived. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
FX

So I went and bought a new BBT, turns out it has super crappy reviews. Lovely. Anyway, I used it this a.m. and got 97.20. I used my other one that had flatlined and - super surprise - ANOTHER 97.18. I am going with the 97.20. Really ticked about this temp stuff getting messed up so damn close to ovulation. And a new thermometer might be better/not as good as the old one but at least it's a temp. Grrrrrr..... REALLY pissed. The three days of 97.18 were probably bad temps :( Glad I caught it hopefully PRIOR to ovulation tho, and hopefully my temps can still predict when it happens. Either way, got my donor last night but he hardly had anything, that was depressing. But tomorrow night I'll get more, I told him to drink more water today and tomorrow, maybe his small sample was due to dehydration. Also, I used a softcup and that thing did NOT want to stay in. I shoved it as far back as possible, even got it behind the pubic bone, and I was totally relaxed, but it wanted to come out. Managed to get it in place and leave it overnight but I don't think there was enough baby juice anyway. First time, too early for O so it was just practice. Hardly any swimmers too so oh well. Praying for better luck tomorrow night!!!

flat temps are apparently a sign of steady hormones i think there is nothing wrong with your old thermometer and that you are reading into individual temps rather than looking at the picture as a whole :) pretty sure you will see a good peak at ovulation with both bbts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"