CD 113 and feeling hopeless :(

sarah1980

Reaction score
Does anyone else have cycles this long? I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong :( I'm not holding out much hope that AF will show anytime soon.

Sarah xxx

I'm CD116, but I have PCOS. Have you gone to the gyno to see if that's the culprit?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I went to my doctor last week but she sent me away saying there's nothing they can do for me. I've to go back in 3 months and I'll get a referral to gynae then, it's been 9 months since I started ttc #2 and although I'm not particularly worried about the length of time it's taking I am worried about the absence of my periods.

Sarah xxx

As far as I know, if you have no period for 3 months (and havent come off BC within the last year) they will look at it as possible PCOS. So if you have been off BC for over a year and have a cycle of more than 3 months, I would definitely ask to see someone else.

As far as I know, if you have no period for 3 months (and havent come off BC within the last year) they will look at it as possible PCOS. So if you have been off BC for over a year and have a cycle of more than 3 months, I would definitely ask to see someone else.

Thanks for your reply :)

It's only been 9 months since I had my implant removed so perhaps that is why she said to come back in 3 months.

Sarah xxx

Thanks for your reply :)

It's only been 9 months since I had my implant removed so perhaps that is why she said to come back in 3 months.

Sarah xxx

Ah yea the implant can take up to a year to completely leave your system. My cycles only gotback to some form of normal (23 days long, O on CD6, 17day LP) around the end of Jan this year and I had it removed in April last year.
I know waiting that long sucks :( there are herbs you can use to bring on AF (I induced mine in October last year since I had had no AF since having it removed 6 months before) but yeah, for some people it just takes ages, sadly :(

also being in the UK, the policy is to wait a year after the implant and then your GP will do blood tests :) although I see you already have a child! As do I. Apparently that makes us ineligible for any fertility treatment on the NHS. Although that doesnt include things like clomid. If it turns out you arent ovulating or have a hormone imbalance or PCOS they will help you there, but if you want any further fertility treatment, because you already have a child they wont help :(

After 2 months my doctor offer's medication to start period, if your doc isn't giving you what you need or being understanding. Look for another it took me 2 years and 3 doctors to finally get a good one and she helped me SO much!!

I am there with ya, I haven't had a period since Jan. 18th... I went to see my OB\GYN and found out my Prolactin was very high.. I'd go have your OB\GYN do some tests.. Don't give up!!

my alst cycle was 114 days. im hoping this one will be shorter. when ttc #2 they were 60-90 days long.

you have to have been trying for a year regardless of BC in the uk to get any help as it can take upto a year even for healthy adults to conceive xx

HI hun.. I know the frustration.. esp when it makes u think that ur preg..

I'm on cycle 79days.. my last cycle was 100 days + .. I actually lost count.. I went to the doc last year and he said he saw that everything was normal inside and I was on three rounds of clomid. however it didn't work and I never went back... :(

I'm drinking fertilitea which I started Saturday.. I will let you know how it works

ohhh just in case.. this is the info I saw on the fertilitea and I just thought to myself I have nothing to lose.. so I'm giving it a shot...

Fertilitea contains Vitex Agnus Castus (a principal ingredient of FertilAid for Women), as well as Red Raspberry Leaf and Green Tea (two ingredients known for their fertility enhancing properties). Other ingredients are rich in highly-absorbable vitamins and minerals, including iron, folic acid, calcium, and magnesium.

Chasteberry (Vitex) stimulates the hormones involved in ovulation and restores female hormonal balance. It’s useful in normalizing pituitary gland functions and the balance of progesterone and estrogen levels. Vitex is used as an herbal treatment for infertility and is especially helpful for women with irregular cycles, failure to ovulate, or a short luteal phase(a shortened second half of the menstrual cycle). The effectiveness of Vitex increases over time with continued use.

Red Raspberry Leaf is highly regarded for its ability to tone the uterus and muscles of the pelvic region. A highly nutritive ingredient, Red Raspberry is a powerful fertility-promoting herb, especially when used in combination with Peppermint.

Green Tea is a powerful antioxidant that enhances reproductive health by repairing the oxidative damage that occurs naturally as the result of environmental toxins and aging. A study from the American Journal of Public Health found that drinking 1/2 cup or more of green tea daily doubled the odds of conception per cycle. Due to the inclusion of Green Tea, there is a very slight touch of caffeine (equal to just 1/25th a cup of coffee).

Ladies Mantle is a “tonic” (tones and brings health) herb that is useful in regulating a woman’s monthly cycle. It also exerts a toning effect on the cervix.

Nettle Leaf contains a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals that are critical to good reproductive health, including Vitamins A, C, D, K, Potassium, Phosphorous, Iron, and Sulfur. Nettle Leaf also contains Calcium – a mineral that affects a woman’s ability to conceive and maintain pregnancy.

Peppermint Leaf gives FertiliTea a delicious flavor AND has the added benefit of serving as a sexual stimulant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->