• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

CD 2. Anyone else just starting cycle?

My cycles are usually between 29-31 days.

Are we close lol?

Haha sort of! My cycle usually sits around 28/29 on the whole :)

All DH and I are doing this month is days 3-7 clomid and OPK's. Cycle #1 was 28 days and cycle 2 was 31. #1 o'ed on day 14 #2 o'ed on day 18

What is clomid exactly?
I'm a little new to this.

MemmaJ- I find it cool that we are on the same CD, and kinda trying the same thing this month. I think tonight we will start BD every other day as af ended last night. I also have the OPK's ready to go lol.

PrettyBird- Interesting. I've never heard of soft cups before, but in a way they seem kinda difficult to use... Idk maybe I'm weird lol. But I'm in ur boat as I will kinda try all that I can try to get a BFP.

Amy- OMG u made me crack up with the 70's comment. I'm really hoping that's the case though. I've seen so many BFN on hpt's that a BFP will be so surreal. I'm feeling hopeful this month.

And MrsLux- Let's hope our plan works. Last month was my first month trying OPK's and this month will be the first I try the SMEP.

FX'd for all of us ladies. Hopefully if not all of us, most of us can get our BFP's this month.
God who would have thought TTC would be this much work lol. A big thing I'm trying this month thought is to not be stressed out. But that's a big one for me haha.

Got my opks in the mail today! I'm going to start testing on cd 7 since I haven't pin pointed when I ovulate yet. And start BDing every other day starting cd7.
I read about vitamin D and fertility last night. You ladies should search it? You can have your doctor check your levels but I didn't. .. Extra isn't going to hurt and I know for a fact I don't get much lol

I am on CD2 as well. My cycles have been 35 days since my lap/hyst in Sept. '14. My last cycle was 33 days so I am really happy about that. I stopped temping but I may try again this month. Also, this is the first month of using the good OPK test strips (smiley means yes ones). The cheap ones have never given me two dark lines. I am nervous that I will never get that smiley face and will have to move onto fertility treatments in March when I turn 33. Too bad my company just switched insurance carriers and now my RE is out of network.

Hi, I'm CD 2 today. I was on the nuvaring and stopped early October. I was pretty convinced that Dec was my month, as we BDd every other day from the end of my period until an entire week after ovulation, but my car got stolen right around ovulation, and I was so stressed out that I think it affected me and we didn't get pregnant that month. I was so bummed that I couldn't get myself to temp, check cm, or any of that for the month of Jan, and we certainly didn't BD very much, so it wasn't I surprise that I got AF yesterday.

DH is getting really excited though, and he is starting to pull out all the stops. He went out and bought me preseed and soft cups, and is aiming to BD every day from the end of my period to a week after ovulation, but I know it can take a lot out of a guy to go that often, so I totally understand if it doesn't work out that way. If we don't get preg in Feb, we are going to take the month of March off to avoid having a Christmas baby - my grandmas birthday was the day after Christmas and she hated it her whole life.

I am with you 100% on not trying in February and maybe we will avoid March too. Our DD has a birthday right after new year and it's awful. She gets hardly any cards from family because they forget, presents are always a last minute after thought. Plus, it's too close to Xmas so she gets all her presents for the whole year all at once. At the time of trying with her we had had two late losses so we just took what we could get but I am definitely going to try to avoid the same happening again.

Same with December birthdays. My sisters birthday is a couple of days before Xmas and she was 30 last year. We planned a family meal/drinks outing for it and I swear down every single member of my huge family dropped out. It's happened her whole life. People are too busy then to prioritise a birthday over Xmas shopping, works Xmas parties or whatever. It's awful! :(

Clomid helps to promote ovulation. It matures your follies and pretty much forces an LH surge. Some people respond to less some take more.
My issue is that before I went to the doc and took 10 days of provera, I hadn't had any sort of a period in 5 months! Last year I went 6 months without before I went to a doc. I don't cycle on my own. They think I have PCOS (I think I have elevated testosterone ONLY due to being overweight.) So pretty much until I start ovulating on my own, clomid is my only hopes for conceiving.

Talked hubby through SMEP last night.....not sure how much went in though!! How involved do your OHs get?

I think I need Clomid as I have polycystic ovaries (but my testosterone is ok) - but unfortunately I'm not entitled to it on the NHS so would have to go Private for it :-(

I'm on CD 7 now. AF disappeared CD5 and then came back yesterday, so hopefully it's done now!

I've also spoken to OH about SMEP, he didn't say much but seemed up for it as he agrees that maybe we need to try something different as BD'ing every day obviously hasn't worked so far..!
He used to get much more involved, but 8 months down the line he seems to have taken more of a back seat because he now knows every month that it's not likely to happen for us :-(
He has been disappointed each cycle when it hasn't been successful and he's had a couple of instances of workmates OH's texting them at work, saying they're pregnant, and it's upset him a bit.. so I think he's trying not to get too excited about/involved in anything now. Which I do understand but it's kinda hurtful because (as I'm sure you all know), it's pretty much all-consuming for us ladies: what with temping, OPK's, forums, various supplements/medications.. I feel a bit like I'm on my own with it now :-(

My insurance doesn't cover my Clomid. Doesn't cover anything for infertility. Ultrasounds/bloodwork have to be coded as irregular menses or they won't pay. Which means I pay my clomid out of pocket every month. (Isn't bad here in Nebraska, $16 a month ish)
DH is very very good about listening and discussing TTC with me. He fully supports my any decision. My doc told me if I wanted the HCG injection, he'd prescribe one, but I ended up deciding I wasn't sure, that I wanted to focus on losing weight. So DH totally had my back, no HCG trigger, just clomid this month. Next month, not even worrying about OPK's or anything, just having :sex: when we feel like it!

CD 7 for me as well. I should have used my OPK but I didn't decided to just baby dance instead. OH was very supportive with the SMEP so it's every other day for now.

OH wasn't to involved in the whole baby talk craze thing until we decided to stop NTNP and full on TTC back in December. And after our MC last year I kno he's even more nervous now. But he's been very supportive and even googles fertility things on his own. In a way sometimes I think he's just acting so involved because it makes me happy. But seeing the disappointmenyt on his face when AF comes sucks.

Oh well all I can do is try again this month and hope for the best. I just kno once O day comes I'm going to be going crazy with all my imaginery pregnancy symptoms lol.

MemmaJ Im calculating the 2-3 for my ovulation. Do u have a calculated day. OPK's will determine tho lol.

HANG IN THERE LADIES! OUR DAY WILL COME.

I'm thinking 5th-6th Feb for O for me...
It's always been CD16 for me but last month (first month of taking Vitex), it was CD15.

So according to SMEP we should start BD'ing every other day from today (CD8), so that's the plan..!

Yes the BD is on... :sex: I tested with the opk this morning, I already knew it was going to be negative but I said what the heck. I use the CB digital with the :) happy faces and last month I actually got a high not peak but high on CD 10. and I think I peaked at CD13. But we'll see what this month has in store.

I'm stating to get excited with butterflies when I think that again this month can be the month. I just know the TWW is going to be dreadful. Hoping odds are in our favor.

I use the CB digital OPK's too. Started using them a few months ago, so much easier than trying to work out whether a line is dark enough or not, lol!

Last month was my first month ever using them. Only thing I don't like is that once we peak it stays on the test for 2 whole days. So I really don't know when exaclt I ovulate.

But the SMEP should make it to where theres enough little swimmers in there.

MemmaJ how is ur cycle going? CD12 now were getting closer. I got the flasing smiley on the OPK the last 3 mornings.

Are you still doing SMEP?

I've just been looking for this thread for ages to see how you were getting on..! It was right in front of me on the first page, lol!

I'm CD14 today and have been unable to use my CBD's as the holder has stopped working (assume battery is dead). I'm gutted as I feel so much happier with such a clear result - now I'm using my cheap/normal OPK's because I have no choice and I'm worried I'm not going to get an obvious positive, like so many times before..!
Have you had your solid smiley yet..?

Still doing SMEP.. Have read many good things about it but for some reason, I just don't feel like we're doing it 'enough' to get pregnant because it's different to what we've always done..! I'm always worrying about something, haha!

I was wondering where you went. Glad your back though.
I totally understand what you mean, it just doesn’t feel like were BD’ing enough. But then again I heard that it takes 24hrs for a mans sperm to totally form back up. So maybe that’s why. I hoping so at least.
Oh no! That’s awful to hear about your test stick. Is there anyway to add batteries or do you just have to get a whole new kit in general? Today is also CD 14 for me as u know. I did get the solid smiley Monday evening after work so it should finally be off the sick by the time I get home today. My issue that I’m having is since the solid smiley stays on for 48 hrs, I don’t know when I actually O because I’m not temping or anything else. The hardest question is when do I start DPO? LOL…. Another weird thing is I made sure to BD last night but it was SUPER painful. I feel like every time DH put it in that he would just hit my cervix. I sucked it up so I could get his spermies but WOW it was not enjoyable in any way.
I feel like this has totally taken over my life. At night when I dream it’s me POAS all the time. I wish we get our BFP’s this month and this plan works. Is this the first time your using SMEP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"