CD 21 Blood and Late O

Hopethisyear

Reaction score
Hi there! So today I am on on CD 20 and have had a positive OPK today, yesterday and the day before. (there is a link to my chart) Tomorrow I am supposed to have CD21 blood work. How accurate is it going to be? I heard that this is supposed to be done 7 dpo. Should I just go and do it anyway? Will the Dr send me for a second BT if the results don't show that I O'd? I am on my first round of clomid an my Dr doesn't believe in OPK's. Thanks!

I would just wait until CD 24 which is when I had mine drawn when I ovulated on CD 21.

Do you just have a requisition to take into a lab or do you have an appointment? I don't think it would be that accurate yet, so if you can wait or put it off a couple of days it will be more accurate :)

That's what I was thinking too! I don't have an appointment. Dr just said they were going to call it into the lab and for me to go in on CD21.

Do you know if there is any reason it would be bad to postpone the test?

Hi there! So today I am on on CD 20 and have had a positive OPK today, yesterday and the day before. (there is a link to my chart) Tomorrow I am supposed to have CD21 blood work. How accurate is it going to be? I heard that this is supposed to be done 7 dpo. Should I just go and do it anyway? Will the Dr send me for a second BT if the results don't show that I O'd? I am on my first round of clomid an my Dr doesn't believe in OPK's. Thanks!

Ur bloods r meant to b done at 7DPO

I don't see any reason that would be bad to 'postpone it' - it's a waste of time to go early when your progesterone levels are not going to be accurate.

I went 3-4 dpo and my first month my levels were 28.1 and my second month (my BFP month) my levels were 47.9

As long as you are a couple dpo they will be a LOT more accurate than a day or 2 after.

I would postpone or ask for a repeat test in a couple days. Explain to the doctor that you only ovulated late and you want to insure accurate results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->