CD 21 bloods -Help!

sukisam

Reaction score
Hi
I hope it's okay I've posted this twice here and ttc wasn't sure which was the best place :blush:
I have been trying to conceive no 4 for 10 months now, hubby had vasectomy reversal in May 09. Hubby's sperm test after reversal showed it was a success but the GP is going to do another sperm test. I'm 38 (39) in Nov, my very nice GP did my CD 21 bloods, (I have a longer cycle so 7dpo was actually CD23.)
here are the results:
Prolactin 393
LH 6.1
FSH 2.0
Progesterone 17
Is my progsterone too low, after looking on the web some people say above 15 is okay but some say it needs to be above 30.
Any help gratefully received.
x

When I had my tests done I was told that it needs to be over 10 and any higher than that is great so I would think that yours is fine. Mine was at 0.98 so ive done some research on it.

Thanks for responding and reassuring me. Are you having your bloods repeated?
I'm not sure if it's a changeable thing from month to month? Excuse my ignorance in these matters.
Fx we get :bfp:soon
xxx

I am waititng to get in with a FS and then I assume I will get the tests redone and it definatly can change from month to month.

what units is your Progesterone in? They use different units in the US and the UK.

If your results are in ng/ml then it needs to be over 15. If the results are in nmol then it needs to be over 30

Hope this helps

in the uk it is meant to be over 30, mine was 28.3 and i did ov as i concieved that cycle. you probably did ov but your progesterone seems low because you had it done at 5dpo, docs seem to have a problem understanding this, your test should be done at 7dpo and not day21 as its 7dpo that your progesterone peaks so any other day will not give a true reading,
as its 17 at 5dpo its a good sign you did though but i would ask for the test to be repeated on the correct day before they make a conclusion

just wanted to add that my anovulatory cycles came back at 1.1 and 0.1 so these were good indicaters of no ov.
gl to you :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->