Cd1 28/01/11

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by taffmam, Jan 29, 2011.

1. taffmam

taffmam mammy to 3 and pregnant

oh well we are starting again after AF got my last night :growlmad:

2. Pielette

Pielette Mum to little men

Sorry the :witch: got you taffmam! How long have you been trying?

3. Elanesse

Elanesse Well-Known Member

The witch got me this morning too! Probably be another 5+ months before I ovulate again...sigh. Oh well, at least i managed to establish this cycle that i ovulated 14 days before AF turned up so it wasn't a total wasted 6 months. Always look on the brightside! Keep your chin up taffmam :) x

4. taffmam

lol only since new year. stupidly thought it would happen straight away :(

omg 5+ months? how so long chick?

rachel
    xxxx

5. Elanesse

I'm not too sure about the why rachel! It may not be that long (fingers crossed) but last year AF visited Feb, April, June and then nothing until Dec when I got spotting Dec 30th and came on properly today. I went to the GPs in November last year and told her I hadn't had a period since June and she asked if I had ever been regular. I told her that I had never had a regular cycle since I started my periods, so she said she wasn't concerned if I had 'missed a few months'. It was only after me pressuring her that she said she would send me to get tested for PCOS.

I had bloods and an ultrasound and they came back fine, although it did show that I have an iron deficiency. When I got the results from the GP she just told me there was nothing else they could do for now, and to come back in a year if I still hadn't conceived.

Seems a bit pointless really - I could only have 2 chances at conceiving in a whole year at this rate, so why make me wait that long? I don't know :s

x

6. taffmam

omg i cant believe she is making you try for a year before you go back!!!
    have you tried using OPK`s?
    i have a 14yr old boy, 9yr old daughter and 6yr old boy but me and new partner want a baby together.
    my cervix goes off to the left since i had my youngest and doc says its bcos he was 10lb 6oz.
    we are using OPK`s as my cycles vary between 14 and 49 days but this cycle we are also gona try preseed.
    how old are you hunni?
    rachel
    xxx

7. taffmam

how old were u when u started periods?
    i was 16 and mine always have been erratic

8. Elanesse

Wow 10lb 6oz! He was a big'un, bless him!

I got some O sticks on ebay - just the cheapy cheapy ones but they seem to have worked. I couldn't afford to use clear blue or anything like that due to the amount of sticks I would need to use! On the 15th Jan (two weeks ago today) I got a strong line so think I had my LH surge then. I've started taking Agnus Castus today, and I think I may buy some evening primrose and B6 tablets tomorrow. I'm 26 in March by the way.

Tell you what hun, keep me up to date with how you are getting on! It will do me good to concentrate on someone elses cycle instead of my own - plus my own cycle is a bit boring for the first, oh, 100 days - lol.

xx

9. Elanesse

Oh...and I was 16 as well when I started. My periods have always been once every few months - sometimes 2, sometimes 3. But the last one was the longest cycle I have had. Typical, just when I was to ttc! x

10. jodi_19

jodi_19 Mommy of a beauty queen

Hey ladies! Mind if I join in? AF got me today:(

11. Elanesse

Hey Jodi

Sorry to hear the witch got you hun. Would be lovely to have some ttc buddies! So what is your story so far? I can see by your ticker you have a beautiful baby girl! How long have you been trying for cutie number 2? xx

12. taffmam

hey jodi the more the merrier lol

elanesse i really hope your periods become more regular with the help of the supplements.

13. jodi_19

I'm 26 years old, OH is 25 (younger man):haha: We have a beautiful daughter who is almost 17 months old. We were fortunate enough to get pregnant with her our first month ttc. We decided in June that we were ready to try to make her a sibling and so far nothing.
    My OH works away from home on a rotational schedule. He is gone 3 weeks and home 3 weeks. This totally messes with ttc as you can imagine. Of the 8 cycles since we begain trying, he has only been home for ovulation during 4 of them.
    He was home this past cycle and we covered all of the basis but AF still got me. I did temp during previous cycle but gave it up because I found it was causing me more stress than good. Now I am relying on opks, cm and cp.
    Since having Casey (DD) my cycles have been about 28-29 days on average, a few off cycles though. I seem to be ovulating late (CD17ish) and only have an 11 day luteal phase.
    I started taking Fertilaid supplements today, hoping that might help with the short luteal phase. I plan on making an appointment with my family doctor on Monday just to see what he thinks.
    I ended up having an emergency cesearean section with Casey and am afraid that the scar tissue may be causing trouble (blocked tubes). I'm sure it's all in my head, but some reassurance from a doctor would be nice.

14. taffmam

hey jodi let us know how doctors goes :)
    your daughter is sooooooooooo cute.

well this time round we are gona still use OPK`s but this time i am gona check my temp daily, use preseed and softcups so we going in all guns blazing lol
    rachel
    xxx

15. Elanesse

Hi Ladies,

How is your monday going so far? Nearly 9pm here but I am really tired today so might go to bed soon!! Had a REALLY heavy flow for the last 2 days and quite a lot of sharp period pains so I've had enough now, just want AF to bugger off so I can get back to the more interesting bit of ttc - I was never a patient person lol :)

Jodi - Like Rachel says, give us an update on how you get on with the doctor. FX for you

Leanne xx

16. taffmam

hi leanne, my period was only heavy saturday and has been light since but i have had awful pain in right side since i ov`d last cycle so think i gota bite the bullet and go see the doc.
    an early nite may help u hun, get OH to give u nice massage as u go to sleep!!!!

rachel
    xxx

17. jodi_19

Hey ladies. I'm doing good. AF is never very tough on me thankfully. Never get any ahrdcore camping and only one heavy day. Like you, Elanesse I am ready for her to bugger off to so we can get on with things. I'll probably ovulate on Valentines Day and OH gets home a few days before that.
    I took this cycles failure a little harder than the rest and am still a little down about the whole thing. My OH assures me we will get pregnant eventually I just honestly thought it would have happened by now :(

18. MsLaura

MsLaura First trimester!

Hello ladies. I'm starting my new cycle as well. Af showed upon Friday. I wasn't very happy. Just started ttc. Like you Rachel I thought it would happen the firsttime. I'm 25 And have a 5 y/o daughter. I'm ready for another. Last cycle af came a week earlyand she wasn't as brutal. I usually havesome bad symptoms rightbefore she shows, but nothing this time. So I'll be joing you ladies this time if you don't mind. My cycle is usually 29-33 days (23 days this last time which is weird for me)& ov @ valentines day.

19. taffmam

hi laura welcome to the thread :)
    cool ur ov on valentines.
    do u have a boy or girl already hun? xxx

20. jodi_19

Laura - I am expecting to O on or around valentines Day as well. Our cycles seem pretty in sync!

How is everyone else?