CD1 after MC, first soy cycle. Anyone with me?

P

Powell510

We were really hoping to get a :bfp: straight after but i don't think I ovulated so here we are at CD1… I'm kinda excited tho because I'm going to try Soy Isoflavones (nature's clomid) again. I miscarried June 2012 and conceived our son the first cycle after, and it was my first cycle using soy so I'm hoping for a repeat of that lol

I had tan CM two days ago and yesterday it slowly went from tan to brown to red both mixed with CM and this morning arrived!

I can't decide if I want to use the soy CD3-7 again or try CD4-8.

Anyone CD1 on a soy cycle wanna do this with me? Or even a regular cycle?

GL & :dust: to all!

A little info about SI if you're not familiar:

WHEN should you take soy?
You take Soy Isoflavones, like Clomid, on either CD 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8 or 5-9.
If you take soy Isoflavones during the later time bracket, for example CD 5-9, you shall strengthen the egg that has already started growing producing a healthier egg. The earlier in your cycle you take It, the higher your chance of releasing multiple eggs but these eggs will not be as mature as the eggs grown from taking Soy later.�
A lot of women will choose the middle cycle (3 -7) allowing time for a strong and healthy egg to develop without erasing the chance of a second egg being developed and released.

1-5 = You produce more eggs, and ovulate sooner, with a stronger ovulation.

2-6 = You produce more eggs than usual, but not as many as taking it 1-5. Eggs may be more mature, and ovulation will be slightly more strong than 1-5.

3-7 = The best of both worlds, a few more eggs, and all eggs will be strong & mature, and ovulation will be a lot stronger than 1-5.

4-8 = No more eggs will be produced, but the ones already there, will be matured alot more than usual, and ovulation will be very strong. Ovulation may only be brought forward a teeny bit.

5-9 = You'll have one very mature strong egg, from the ones you already produced on your own. Ovulation will either happen when it usually does, or a few days later, but your egg will be of great quality.

What DOSAGE should you take?
The dose is really�up to you but you should always use the lowest amount that works for you.
With Clomid the starting dose is 50mg. Soy Isoflavones are said to be half the strength of Clomid, so it makes sense for the starting dose to be 100mg.
The trouble with 100mg of soy is that the capsules tend to come as 40mg. So you have a choice of starting at 80mg or 120mg.

I would recommend that if you know that you do ovulate without taking soy then you should start with 80mg.
And if you know that you don't usually ovulate you can start with 120mg.
Some women change the dose on different days. So they may start at 120mg for the first 3 days then give an extra boost for the last 2 days with 160mg.�

Use the lowest dose possible for yourself. It is said that it takes 3months to get the full benefits of what you are taking. NEVER EXCEED 200mg/day.

Very imformative post. I was wondering, you had a successful pregnancy after a miscarriage? Did you ever find out the cause of the miscarriage? Ive had 3 and no success :cry:

I did! I had one period after my last MC then got pregnant with our son

Hi! I'm cd 17 but I did soy this month for the first time!

I have an 8.5 month old ds and we have been ttc #2 since ds 4 months old (so on cycle 5 now). I did conceive DS first cycle after MC before I even had an AF if can happen.

This month I took 150-180mg cd 2-6. I have a good feeling about this as I have had some good signs that i oed on time month which I have not had the few cycles. I've got about 10 days before I know if it worked!

Hi! I'm cd 17 but I did soy this month for the first time!

I have an 8.5 month old ds and we have been ttc #2 since ds 4 months old (so on cycle 5 now). I did conceive DS first cycle after MC before I even had an AF if can happen.

This month I took 150-180mg cd 2-6. I have a good feeling about this as I have had some good signs that i oed on time month which I have not had the few cycles. I've got about 10 days before I know if it worked!

Good luck hun!

I can't decide if I wanna do CD3-7 again or try 4-8 :wacko: I have a day to make up my mind haha

I made my mind up this morning when taking my AM vitamins lol couldn't help myself, too excited! I feel good about this cycle.

CD3-7 it is! Lol

How are you doing today?

Following going to check for soy ISO tonight, on cd1 so might tonight, or tomorrow, question what about taking it longer then the five days ?

Following going to check for soy ISO tonight, on cd1 so might tonight, or tomorrow, question what about taking it longer then the five days ?

You may not ovulate at all. It's meant to be taken for 5 days like clomid. Dosing info is in the first post

I know I ovulate just want to do it earlier and have a healthier egg going to start today days 2-6, due to longer cycles since I started tracking and I turn 38 this year

I know I ovulate just want to do it earlier and have a healthier egg going to start today days 2-6, due to longer cycles since I started tracking and I turn 38 this year

I've read sometimes if you ovulate regularly it can mess with that but it doesn't happen every time.
I would recommend the earlier part of your cycle like you said.
Bee pollen, royal jelly and raw honey are all good for egg quality! I took royal jelly the first time the month i got my :bfp: with our son. I meant to add it this time but haven't made it to the store yet. I have to get my geritol so I'll get it then

Hi Ladies! Can I join you?

I'm on my first month of soy iso and my 15th cycle of ttc #1. I tried black cohosh for the past 2 cycles as a natural clomid from CD 2-13 with no success, so I thought I would move on to the soy iso. AF was a little strange in starting this month, so I'm not sure if I started my soy iso on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Anyway I've taken it twice now (100 mg), both times before bed to try and avoid any of the side effects, and this is my second day of a headache. Anyone else experienced headaches when taking the soy iso?

I also have a short LP of 10 days, so the soy makes me a little nervous of increasing my estrogen. but I'm hoping it will strengthen my egg and make it release earlier in my cycle which would help lengthen my LP.

I'm also taking my royal jelly, so hopefully this is my month for a super healthy egg and a BFP!!!

Hi Ladies! Can I join you?

I'm on my first month of soy iso and my 15th cycle of ttc #1. I tried black cohosh for the past 2 cycles as a natural clomid from CD 2-13 with no success, so I thought I would move on to the soy iso. AF was a little strange in starting this month, so I'm not sure if I started my soy iso on day 3 or 4 of my cycle. Anyway I've taken it twice now (100 mg), both times before bed to try and avoid any of the side effects, and this is my second day of a headache. Anyone else experienced headaches when taking the soy iso?

I also have a short LP of 10 days, so the soy makes me a little nervous of increasing my estrogen. but I'm hoping it will strengthen my egg and make it release earlier in my cycle which would help lengthen my LP.

I'm also taking my royal jelly, so hopefully this is my month for a super healthy egg and a BFP!!!

Of course! Welcome! :hi:

A lot of women get headaches when taking soy, it's the increase in estrogen. I get a few hot flashes too lol

From my understanding O'ing early wont change your LP, that it pretty much stays the same, varying by a day or so, unless you're doing something specifically to help with it (b6, maca, etc) but don't quote me lol

I took royal jelly (and soy and a few others for the first time) the cycle we got pregnant with our son, this time I'm taking bee pollen

Update!!
Today is CD14 and my cervix has been high and open since last night and I've had positive OPKs all day! Time to get busy :sex: haa who am I kidding, we have been BD'ing every day since CD5
I didnt get a positive OPK my last soy cycle until CD17 & 18 and ovulated on CD18

Update!!
Today is CD14 and my cervix has been high and open since last night and I've had positive OPKs all day! Time to get busy :sex: haa who am I kidding, we have been BD'ing every day since CD5
I didnt get a positive OPK my last soy cycle until CD17 & 18 and ovulated on CD18
Yay for your cervix and the positive OPKs! I always get so excited to see the positive OPKs lol. I think we're cycle buddies btw cuz I'm on day 13. I also got my positive OPK today, which is super early for me! I've never O'd before day 16, but my cervix is also high (I'm not very good at being able to tell whether it's open or not) so i'm hoping that the soy is doing its magic! The hubby and I have been trying to follow the SMEP this month for the first time so we've been BD'ing every other day since day 5, but it's time for everyday now that we're in the fertile window. Good luck to you! Let's catch these eggs and make a baby!

Update!!
Yay for your cervix and the positive OPKs! I always get so excited to see the positive OPKs lol. I think we're cycle buddies btw cuz I'm on day 13. I also got my positive OPK today, which is super early for me! I've never O'd before day 16, but my cervix is also high (I'm not very good at being able to tell whether it's open or not) so i'm hoping that the soy is doing its magic! The hubby and I have been trying to follow the SMEP this month for the first time so we've been BD'ing every other day since day 5, but it's time for everyday now that we're in the fertile window. Good luck to you! Let's catch these eggs and make a baby!

You should do me an awesome favor and sign up for fertility friend off the chart in my signature so I get another week of free VIP that'll last me until I O lol
I got so happy when I saw the smiley face this morning I did a happy dance in the kitchen haha
I wasn't sure about the cervix opening until I felt it open for the first time and after that there's no mistaken, for me, if its open but I do struggle with texture sometimes lol
I haven't had any EWCM, but I don't usually do that's nothing different.

And I had my temp dip this morning :happydance: #4thofjulybabyinthemaking

How are you ladies?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-02-08-37-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-02-08-37-53.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
And I had my temp dip this morning :happydance: #4thofjulybabyinthemaking

How are you ladies?
Lol my fertility friend VIP ran out awhile ago too so I just use the free version now, and it's still pretty good. My cycle/tracking is so crazy this month, and I'm thinking maybe it's God's way of not letting me over-analyze it lol.

First off, I'm not sure my new Clearblue advanced OPKs are right cuz it gave me my first flashing smiley (meaning a high fertility day) on CD 8-12 and my peak day on CD13. Once it gives you your peak day, the monitor doesn't work for 2 days so I used my other Clearblue OPKs that aren't advanced to re-test on CD 13 and test on CD 14. NO SMILEY on either day!! Today was the first day that I could use my advanced one again and no smiley.

My cervix is has also been strange this month, going high then medium then back to high every other day for the 5th day now (today I can't even feel it at all it's so high!), and I feel like I'm not having a whole lot of CM this month (even though I drank the GFJ for the 1st time) so I'm making sure to use Preseed each time.

Unfortunately my temps aren't helping this month either. I thought I had my temp dip day before yesterday, then it went up a little bit yesterday but not a true spike, now it's back down again today. I'm getting mixed signals all across the board this month so I guess I'll just keep BD'ing every other day lol.

I like the free version I just like the analyzer after O lol

That does sound like a strange cycle! Do you hand have any line tests to use along with the digi? I notice the digi confused me less when I had lines to look at too lol but it sounds like your temps are doing crazy things too but one temp doesn't really mean anything in the whole scheme of things, you're looking a trend. That's why FF gives you crosshairs a few days after O

Also, cervix position is a secondary sign. Do you check CM?

I like the free version I just like the analyzer after O lol

That does sound like a strange cycle! Do you hand have any line tests to use along with the digi? I notice the digi confused me less when I had lines to look at too lol but it sounds like your temps are doing crazy things too but one temp doesn't really mean anything in the whole scheme of things, you're looking a trend. That's why FF gives you crosshairs a few days after O
I have been taking the strip out of the digital reader and looking at the lines. There has been a second line each time that it gives me a smiley face and they've gradually been getting a little darker, but I'm still waiting for a super dark line. Maybe it won't be super dark this month...

I haven't gotten the good EWCM this month yet, but it does seem to be watery so far which I guess is ok for fertility. I just hope I get a temp spike soon so that I'll know for sure that I O'd!

Have fun making that July 4th baby this weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->