Cd1... Last cycle was revealing

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by PinkPeony, Nov 17, 2011.

1. PinkPeony

PinkPeony Well-Known Member

I thought this cycle had promise, i was SS-ing with the best of em. It was the first time I caught ovulation on an opk. What I did learn however is that my luteal phase is 9 days. I'm already taking B6 on top of my multivitamin... What else can I do to lengthen it?
    Also, before I started TTC-ing I always thought my periods were really regular. The past few cycles I've had 31 days, 24 days, 33 days and then this one was 26 days. Should I be concerned that they range like that? Is there a way to get more regular? :shrug:

2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I also used opks for the first time this month and got a smiley face on cd 17 (though I think I ovulated on cd18 as I had stronger pains). I'm now waiting to find out how long my luteal phase is (or hey, maybe I'll get a bfp?!) but I reckon it's 10-11 days, which I'm surprised about. I've heard that taking B complex at the same time as B6 is supposed to lengthen your luteal phase, but I'm going to google this question to see what I find on the net.
    In my opinion, I don't think you need to be concerned about the length of your cycles. I've heard there is medication your doc can prescribe but I understand that is for extremely irregular/infrequent periods. Years ago a friend of mine once told me that Oil of Evening Primrose was good for regulating and 'balancing' the hormones though I don't know how true that is! Maybe that's something else to google!?
    Anyway, I wish you well and lots of baby dust.
    x