CD1? looking for cycle buddies! :D

I think the main difference between the multi and the prenatal is the amount of folic acid. If you are TTC then I would recommend taking folic acid as it drastically reduces the risk of spinabifida (sp?) and other birth defects. I don't take a multi or a prenatal but I do take a B6/B12 with folic acid in it :)

Okay - I compared my multivitamins to some prenatals and they both had the same amount. So I guess I'm good :)

I've just bought some "trying for a baby' vitamins. Can't hurt!

Beachy - try taking your temp with both thermometers right now and see what you end up with? Maybe you'll see a big difference between the two?!

I answered my own question this morning! Realized I was using the new thermometer wrong. corrected myself and temp this morning is totally normal for this point in my cycle!!

My bad :)

Beachy - Glad your temps are back to normal :) What were you doing wrong?

Apple - Yay, for new vitamins :)

im cd6 ..ttc from 14 months for baby number 3...

1st time using agnus castus from cd1

good luck

Beachy - Glad your temps are back to normal :) What were you doing wrong?

Apple - Yay, for new vitamins :)

I decided to get a Temporal Scanner Infrared Thermometer....I though it would be much easier for me. Before I was pressing down too hard on my forehead when temping so that's why I was getting higher temps. You are supposed to press lightly.

But then this morning I got crazy high temps again, and I wasn't pressing hard at all. I took it like 5 times and got all different readings. I settled with the 98.1 one because it came up twice. But I still feel that is wrong.

Maybe this thing isn't good for temping. I just like the convenience of it all.

I do have to say though that last night I had a couple glasses of wine, slept terribly, and had a mask over my eyes. So that really could have played a part in the higher temp.

i'm still having AF so tonight I'm going to try and get better sleep and sleep without my eye mask (i'm thinking it made my forehead warmer than it should have been this morning) and see how my temp is in the AM. If it's still oddly high then I'll go out and get another thermometer. Save this one for when we are actually running a fever.

Beachy - Does that thermometer go to the second decimal.... ex. 97.63. You really should use a basal body one if that's not what you have....and I think internal by either mouth or vag is more accurate. Ive heard the temperal ones can be off by quite a bit.

No - it doesn't go to the second decimal. I'm ready to give up on temping, the only reason I'm doing it is because I've heard if you go to your doctor for fertility problems they will ask you to temp for at least 3 months then come back. So I'm just trying to get a head start on all that.

I might stick to this one for the heck of it - but not take it too seriously.

Thankfully I've also decided to use OPK's this cycle, so I'll have to rely on those for ovulation. We were supposed to have a relaxed approach to this TTC thing and now I feel like it's taken over my life.

Edit: After finding the instructions to my thermometer online and thoroughly reading them I realize what my problem is. And from the reviews it sounds like a lot of people made my same mistake and got all over the place readings. I'm pretty confident tomorrow when I do it CORRECTLY I can get an accurate reading.

Geez - I really need to read instructions.

Beachy - haha, I know what you mean about TTC consuming your life! I think I'm a lot more calm this time around because of how stressful it was last time around. I feel so much more relaxed this time (so far anyway)... As for your temps...if they stay erratic it WILL drive you insane! I'd say drop the $10 on a basal body thermometer for your own sanity! https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/bbt-thermometers.html This is the one I use. I like it because I pop it in my mouth and as soon as it beeps I throw it on the night stand and go back to sleep....It saves your last temp so you can check it when you get up later :) Also, if you spend $15.- then its free shipping!

Oh wow - look at all those positive reviews!! I've never seen a BBT with so many good ones. I've been Googling like a mad women trying to find a cheap good one. But so many have mixed reviews I was going crazy and just gave up.

SO THANK YOU!!

I will keep this temporal one for the future. It's super convenient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->