• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

CD11.. Trying to pinpoint O! First 'normal' cycle after depo

lilegg2014

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

It has been about 8 months until my depo shot ran out. I only had the one and by god I wish I didn't!

Up until the 23rd of February I had been having random bleeds that didn't seem like AF. However on the 23rd Feb, (fingers crossed) I had normal AF. Like AF I had before depo! I am very excited although I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. I am on CD11 and have been using OPKs since yesterday in hope to find out when I O. The question is, what is the best method to catch O on OPKs?

I got the shot a few years back and it really messed up my cycle for a while. I too would randomly bleed but it sounds like you might be getting back into a regular cycle. We are sort of in the same boat, I stopped taking the pill at the end of January. I got my first real period on Feb 21st so we are almost the same CD. I have never used OPK so idk the answer to your question but I would just go with it and have sex as much as you want and can that way when you do finally ovulate hopefully you have some guys in there still hanging out.

We are bd'ing quite regularly! I'm not sure whether OPKs are going to be effective for me! I wanted to try and find out if I am ovulating because I want to use preseed. I have heard amazing feedback about that stuff. Women are getting pregnant quite quickly using it.

Just test every day, some brands say to use first morning urine, some say the afternoon around 1 or 2 pm is best to catch the LH surge. The test line will gradually start getting darker day by day, then one day will get as dark or darker than the control line, that is your LH surge. Some peoples' surge lasts only a few hours (me - I often miss it and never get a really dark test line but I know it is the surge when the line gets really light the next day), while some last a few days. You should ovulate anywhere from several hours to 2-3 days after your LH surge begins. Once in a great while your body can gear up to ovulate, producing a positive opk, then fail to release an egg. If this happens, your temperature will stay low and a few days later you will start seeing an increase in LH and another surge when it tries to ovulate again.

I don't start testing until I see fertile cervical fluid, then I test every day until one day after my surge is finished and I get a very light opk again. Some people don't get much cervical fluid to go by, so you might have to do it for a few months to see what your body's pattern is. Since you are coming off bc it may be wacky for a few months. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"