cd45 really anxious consultant apt tomorrow!

Trying4ever

Reaction score
AAAAAAAArgh. I have finally got my consultant appointment tomorrow after my GP referred me for primary infertility. It seemed like it took forever. And the past three days have been soooooooo long. I have high hopes for this appointment but what do they do?

Will he start me on anything? I don't know if I have a cyst or polycycts and thats why my periods are irregular or if its due to stress or hormonal imbalance. I have 101 questions for him. Am I allowed to ask him? Will he answer them or fob me off? Will he send me for MORE tests and just repaet what the GP has already done.

I have a had 2 blood tests on cd2 from two previous cycles and from the last one I also had a cd21 blodd test. My GP vaguely said everything was 'normal' but since I posted my results on here, it looks like my progesterone is low so I'm not ovulating. My BMI is low and I'm not hairy so from that I don't have the syndrome from the PCOS but maybe just PCO. My thyriod is 'fine' so my GP says it suggests my pituitary gland is fine.

I'm going to ask the consultant all these questions again. Is there anything I should ask him.

The appointment is at 2.50pm. Please wish me luck I am sooo nervous that this could be the begining to the end of my questions and probably lead to IVF? How soon do they start IVF? I heard that you shouldn't have clomid if you have cysts so I'm really confused. Surely I need it if I'm not ovulating?

I just saw your post today and wanted to see how your appt went!? I know was just as anxious when I saw my RE for the 1st time. Hope it went well!!

:hugs: --Lesley

Well they made me fill out some forms and waited around for an hour. The consultant didn't see me but the registrar instead. Cheaper. She was sympathetic but abit 'sleepy'. Sent me for ALL the tests again that my GP had also done but hey that's ok. I'll have to get on with it...don't have much choice. Then on my follow up appointment they will decide what to do. I feel like I'm back to square one cos the follow up isn't till Jan 2009! I can't understand why I wasn't booked for all these tests before I had to wait for this hospital appointment.

I think I started my period today....so I went for my cd1 blood test and got that over and done with today. I couldn't risk not having one as it came after 46 days as it is and the next one might not come till ages and then that would delay my treatment. If I have got it wrong then I will get the GP to give me the cd2 blood test reults that I have already had done in the past.

Do I need another cd21 blood test? She didn't say I did but maybe I should have asked. I also have to go for a HSG within the first 10days of my period but they only run on Mondays so I may or may not be able to get an appointment for this cycle. How annoying. Then I have to book for a TVS which I did for Dec 3rd 2008. So these investigations are going to take ages before DR probably puts me on what I already know they will do which is probably clomid and maybe provera if my period doesn't start properly.

MY DH also has to submit a SA and have a blood test to test for Hep B,C and HIV. Not sure why.

So that's it for the moment...

Looks like you went through the exact same thing Oct 2007?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->