CD6 testing 'till +ive!

L

LilMiss_91

This is my first cycle TTC so also first cycle using OPKs. Decided to start testing now as I'm not 100% on cycle lengyh so don't want to miss O. Will try and update twice daily with pics. Feel free to follow or join :) would be cool to compare with others on same or similar CD :)

So this is obviously negative! No surprise there lol.
Taken at 12.30pm read at 5mins.

Attachments

• 2015-03-06 13.14.53-1.jpg
    2015-03-06 13.14.53-1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi lilmiss.
I'll join you but I'm cd14 today. I usually ovulate cd21. I didn't ovulate last cycle straight after my erpc so I'm hoping it happens this cycle.
how old is #1. mine is 2yrs and 1 month. I've been ttc#2 since Christmas 2013 and have had two miscarriages since then. I really hope to be in the tww next week.

Here's todays negative opk taken at 1.30 pm. It's dried. Photo taken after 1.5 hours.

Attachments

• 20150309_150336.jpg
    20150309_150336.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi Spud! Love your username by the way :D

I've totally forgotten to test the last couple of days but I'm back on it today. As soon as LO goes down for a sleep and I have 5mins to myself I'll test haha.

LO is 1yr and nearly 8m. Can't believe how quickly the time has gone!

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough time :hugs: really hope this is your lucky month. Lots of extra sticky :dust: for an extra sticky bean!

CD9 IS THIS POSITIVE?! It looks *almost* as dark if not AS dark as the other line. Not as wode but it doesn't say anything about width in the instructions?

Attachments

• 20150309_113405-1.jpg
    20150309_113405-1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
I would say nearly. Test again this afternoon hun xxx

I would say nearly. Test again this afternoon hun xxx

Thanks :) this is my laye afternoon test but dried so not as bright as the first. I'd say it was still a "not quite"?

Attachments

• 20150309_180927-1-3.jpg
    20150309_180927-1-3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2
I don't think that positive is too far away. I hope you're at it like bunnies ;-)

Still a blatant negative on the opk. My body is doing eierd things at the mo. I'll keep trying every day thtohough and bd just in case lol.

Well didn't DTD last night as I had a bit of a funny tummy. But judging by the 2nd OPK I took I think I'll probably O today. Going to test soon and see what the results of that are :)

What sort of weird things? Do you usually have long cycles if you don't usually O till CD21?

So, looks like I missed it. Bottom one is my test from this morning after a 3hr hold *sigh* booooo.

Attachments

• 20150310_080107-1.jpg
    20150310_080107-1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
Definitely missed it. 2nd test from this morning, around 10.30am pic taken around 10-15mins.

Attachments

• 20150310_104137-1.jpg
    20150310_104137-1.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 0
Can you get some bd-ing in tonight? It can take up to 48 hours until you ovulate from your positive so you're still in with a chance.

I've been having spotting and cramps for the past three days. Af was only 2 weeks ago which is wierd. I usually have 35 day cycles. Do you have short cycles? Also keep testing perhaps as I have heard some ladies have an early surge and a later surge.

I decided to poas to check my hcg levels were back to normal and there is the feintest of feint squinter of a line. It's definitely not a bfp so I guess my hcg is still to drop below 5. Maybe that's what the spotting was about and I will still o this cycle.

Well this is my test from today. Looks... ok? Not as negative as yesterdays so will keep testing and see if the line gets any over the next few days. I'm *meant* to ovulate any day now accorsing to FF but only just started using it so it doesn't have much info to base it's estimations on.

We didn't BD last night. I had no idea it could be that long. I thought a +ive OPK meant O was literally about to happen :dohh: well at least I'll know for next time! Gonna jump OH tonight just in case I do O in the next few days ;)

Could it have been cramps/spotting due to O? I don't personally get it but have heard a lot of women say they get those around O time :shrug: have you been doing OPKs the last few days?

Attachments

• 20150311_172757-1.jpg
    20150311_172757-1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Well perhaps they were cramps due to o because this morning (10am) I got a close to positive opk. Will do it again at 2pm.

Yes o will happen 12 to 36 hours (some sources I've read says 12 to 48 hours) after getting the positive. it us why they say bd every day for three days after getting your positive.

However in sept when I got my bfp I didn't do that.
cd17 and cd18 - bd
cd19 - positive opk
No bd after that For it to count.

I got a bfp.
at 11 weeks I did a urine gender test and it said girl. I think female sperm live longer but swim slower so it would explain it.

When will you test? I'm an early poas addict.

Arghh I replied on here this morning but it must have failed to post >_< I hate BnB on my phone!

What was your 2pm test like? Tbh I'd never really thought about it, but I guess it makes sense that the surge would happen and then it obviously takes a while for the egg to make it FROM the ovary to the uterus which I guess is where the 12-36(or 48 depending on how optimistic you are! Lol) hour timeframe comes in. It's so bloomin' complicated when you start out. I had no idea about all these things until I started coming on here!

I have no idea when I O'd when I fell pregnant with my son as it was 4th or 5th cycle off BC and my cycles were anywhere between 19 and 38 days! Technically I shouldn't have O'd anywhere near the time I actually conceived (we only BD'd once in the right timeframe) so no idea what happened there! :haha:

If your hcg levels haven't dropped yet then when will you know to start testing? Or will test regularly and see if the line gets darker/lighter? I'll try and hold off till around the 26th, about 3/4 days before my period is due. I'll find it hard though as I'm a bit of an addict as well!

How have you been doing? Do you think you'll e able to get in any BDing if you think you're Oing?

Right, tests from today, first was taken about 10.30am and second was taken at 6pm. Neither particularly inspiring lol but there's still a line which there wasn't the first time I took one on CD6 so I'm hoping it's a slow build up and I'll get a + in the next day or 2!

(For some reason the pics are backwards, first is the afternoon one and the second is the morning one)

Attachments

• 20150312_105442-1.jpg
    20150312_105442-1.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150312_182548-1.jpg
    20150312_182548-1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
So my phone won't let me upload a photo at the moment. Yes I use b&b on my phone too and I often write a post and then lose it too. It's usually the long posts aswell ha ha.

So I had my blaringly obvious opk at 7.45pm last night and this morning they are negative. This morning I've had really really painful ovulation pains. I've never experienced them this badly before. I did some googling and it seems many women experience worse ovulation pains after a d&c. They have gone now so I'm hoping that little eggy has been released. The way I understand it your body produces a surge of lh in order to release an egg. Once we have had that surge then the egg is released within 12 to 36/48 hours. The egg then dies within 12 hours unless it is fertilised by the sperm.

I knew nothing of this (I think I must've ignored it in school lol) and thought we could get pregnant any old time. I've learned so much Here.

So I don't think I've done enough bd-ing to get pregnant. O today on cd18 and bd-ing was cd16 and cd13. I know it's possible to get pregnant but I would be more positive if we'd bd more. I'm not hopeful and will try not to expect a bfp.
In sept I knew I was pregnant on 1 dpo.

Do you think you could have missed your positive on the opks and ovulate early? Having said that I hear the lh rises and falls for some women too.

I usually have to take the photo and then crop the hell out of it for it to be a size that'll upload lol.
Hopefully this post won't fail... if it does I won't be pleased!!

Are O pains like cramps or twinges or what? I had cramping the last 2 days, yesterday and the day before, that felt exaaactly like I'd just started AF but obviously I haven't and today I've had a bit of creamy CM followed by EWCM. I've tested about 3 times with OPKs throughout the day and nada :shrug:
best get BDing if you think you've O'd :winkwink: doyou tell your OH when you're fertile or do you just jump him at the appropriate times? Lol. Just wondered as I haven't even told OH that I'm using OPKs. I'm not even sure he knows they exist :haha: I don't think he'd like feeling "scheduled"... even though we BD throughout my cycle not just when I know I O. Don't know if it's weird that I don't involve him in that side of things or not?

Wow eggs only live for 12hrs? I assumed it would be longer than that seeing as sperm can survive for dayyys (in the right conditions anyway!). Tbh I don't think they cover that stuff in schools. They cover the basics but don't get too technical. It's so complicated anyway, you'd have to dedicate a whole subject to reproduction lol!

Wow how did you know you were pregnant at 1dpo? I didn't think that was even possible!

Pic below is of this evenings test taken about 6pm. Won't bother adding the others from earlier as theh were all the same lol.

Oh and yeah I think I must have O'd early. That must have been the tail end of the surge I caught the other day which I'm a bit bummed about tbh as we didn't do enough BDing around then. So I don't know where I stand atm!

Attachments

• 20150313_182026-1.jpg
    20150313_182026-1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
So I wrote a post earlier again and I lost it. I think I have managed to attach a photo of my opks. The blazing positive was darker than the control line.
Will you carry on doing opks? there are some ladies who get more than one surge in a cycle (not to release two eggs but because the first rise wasn't enough) to release an egg. Do you have pcos? Erratic cycle lengths are a sign. I had irregular cycles too and I'm jyst being tested for pcos.
I hope if you have o'd then you got enough bd in.

When I knew I was pregnant at 1dpo it was because my tummy was humming/vibrating and I had cramps. I was just certain And wasn't surprised when a hpt confirmed it at 9dpo.
so 1dpo today and I'm not sure. It could go either way. Though when I had the erpc my dd (tthen 23 months) kept telling me there was a baby in my tummy. So I told her that the baby was now in heaven, flying in the sky'.
Out of nowhere last month dd said to me 'baby come back. Soon'.
Then last night something really really wierd happened. Once again out of nowhere dd said 'bbaby back in tummy mum".
and o day was yesterday morning.

O pains for me are usually mild af like cramps but yesterday they were so so psinful.

Oh and you're not alone In not telling dh About opks and fertile time. I think it takes the fun out of sex. I just initiate it more around o. Unless dh is working like this time lol.

Attachments

• 20150313_165005.jpg
    20150313_165005.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 9
Hey lilmiss - how are you getting on?
did you continue the opk testing? Do you think that you did o early?
I'm on 6 dpo and symptom spotting like crazy.

Hey spud :) sorry to go MIA, I had an awful sickness bug over the weekend and then we were trying to get stuff packed up for moving, then OH caught my bug. It's all been going from bad to worse unfortunately but FX'd things will get better now! DS has escaped the worst of the bug I think which is good :).

I was going to carry on doing OPKs but the weekend kinda threw me off and don't see much point starting up again now :/ I'm on about CD20, according to FF I "should" be 9dpo today so will probably head over to the TWW till I test (ahahaha like I'm not already tempted :haha: ). Will I see you over there? Your + OPK stood out like a sore thumb! Definitely no mistaking that!

Well my cycles are pretty regular now, it was just after I came off BC that they went all haywire :) came back 6wks PP and ever since then have been mostly regular lol.

That's crazy! I had strange twitching the other day but I'm putting it down to my muscles recovering from the strain put on them over the weekend and not thinking that it was because a little bean was getting cosy lol.

Wow... how freaked out are you gonna be if you turn out to be pregnant this month?! Your DD must have some strange sixth sense!

See you over in the 2WW? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->