Center Parcs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Samemka, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Samemka

Samemka Mummy of 2 girlies

We're thinking of booking a break at center parcs for 14th December - will be lovely when it's all christmassy there. Bubs should be about 5 months then.

Has anyone else been with baby and how did you get on?

It's whinfell forest we'd be going.

2. Vici

Vici Mum to a LTTC princess!!

My cousin has 3 LOs and has been to Centre Parcs for all her holidays since the eldest was born. She said they are so accomodating and they always have a great time :D

3. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Havent gone, but we've done exactly the same thing for september when our Lo will be 5 months
    Winfell forest too lol

Ive been to that centre parks alot and think its a great idea for little family get away fo the first year.
    WE;ve also booked a very big cabin and are taking my parents (baby sitting :D ) and im plannning to go to the spa for some quality chill time with the OH

4. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

center parcs are really nice places to go BUT they are very expensive!

5. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Well-Known Member

ive only been once and will never go again!

my son was around 7 months when we went, and majority of the activities are like climbing, archery, etc. they do accomodate with highchairs etc, and its nice to have free roam of the cabin but we just felt shut in, and that there was nothing to do. i couldnt wait to leave and had my bags packed a day early!! its also very expensive for what it is.
    LO was ill too, and for a panicky first time mum....there was no contact for doctors etc coz the out of hours phone numbers didnt even get answered!!

now i stick to a good old caravan park where you are free to come and go as you please, and go wherever u want.
    in center parcs....u park ur car n u r locked in the park.......not good!!!!

6. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

Aww Center Parcs at Christmas time is stunning :) we went to Longleat one in December a couple of years ago and it was just beautiful!

We're going there in Sept this year and that's when and where we'll be starting TTC :D

Enjoy :D xx

7. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

not strictly true! You can still go out during the day! But personally, everything I want is there so never feel the need to go out, but I guess everyone is different x

8. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

My friend just was away at centrparcs with her 2 year old and her baby who is now nearly 5 months and she said she had a fab time. Her only grumble was eating out could be expensive but you have your own kitchen too.

We are booked to go away in September when baby will be about 5 months but found centreparcs really expensive so are booked into a nice holiday cottage on windermere for a fraction of the cost and taking day trips out and about. We felt if we were at a parc we would feel the "need" to do the activities that your paying for in the cost and its just me, hubby and baby which wouldnt be practical...maybe when he is older we will go. Until then its holiday cottages and caravan sites for our family holidays.

Hope you decid and enjoy your time away.

Emma.xx

9. Samemka

Samemka Mummy of 2 girlies

Thanks for the feedback ladies! We're all booked for Whinfell Forest on 14th December for 4 nights. Can't wait! :D

10. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

I Went With My Lo Was Brilliant, There Is Bikes You Can Hire Which Has Things On The Back For Babies.

I Stayed In The One Beside Longlete (sp??) My LO Loved It