Cereal & cows milk?

1st_baby

Ok so max is eating the 6+ months which is mixed grains with fruit in it ..lately he hasent wanted any of it weather with water or formula ..then DH decided to try with cows milk and he ate it all :dohh: Is this ok for now ..he wont be drinking it alone but mixed with his rusk or cereal ..

He is also having baby yogurt so I figured the lil bit of milk wont hurt him right ?

nar wont hurt him but make sure he gets plently of formula x

He drinks 9-10 bottles of 8onz each day lol of formula the milk would only be with the cereal

My MW was speaking about this in one of our ante natal classes and said that cow's milk is much higher in salt and can damage babies kidneys so should only be fed after 12 months.

With such a small amount I don't know. I assume she was talking about bottle feeding. Can you ring your health visitor or GP and ask them?

I have an appt nov.11th with a new Dr Ill ask her ..I figured it would be ok since he was eating yogurt and thats higher in fat then milk

You can introduce full fat milk at 6 months+ but ONLY in foods such as cereal & cooking if you home cook any of babies meals but never as a drink which your not doing.

Shes not too far off 6 months but I'd personally wait til closer or that of the advice/ok from HV although I'm not much trusting of them either (so much conflicting between diff HVs its unreal).
x

So right wobbles them HV's are driving me crazy one says ok the other say no ughh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->