cerelle?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
Hi ya all. I wondered if anyone else has been on the progesterone only pill cerelle. I've been on it 10 months and had ten months of hell. I'm bleeding heavy constantly and the stomach pains are slowly getting worse and worse.
I am booked in to have a coil fitted in two weeks but I feel so bad now I don't know if I should just stop the pill altogether? Obviously there's no chance of pregnancy when I'm bleeding so badly.
Help!? It's making my life a misery :( I can't go on combined pill or the depo injection or implant. And my periods before I started the pill were a nightmare.
I've begged the doctor/gyne for a hysterectomy but as I don't have children and because I'm "too young" to have one they won't unless I find the 8 grand to pay privately!
Anyone?

I think you've given it enough of a chance. I'm on creel and the first 6 months I was bleeding on and off constantly (8-12 days off, then 8-12 days on) which was bad enough. It finally calmed down at about 6m and then about 9m I stopped bleeding altogether. I think I would have given up months ago in your situation - give yourself a break and stop taking them. If you've been bleeding for months you may well be anaemic and you'll need time to recover. As for the risks of pregnancy as you say, you'll be bleeding for withdrawal anyway but you've been through the ringer, let your OH take up the flack for a while! Hope you feel better soon x

I think you've given it enough of a chance. I'm on creel and the first 6 months I was bleeding on and off constantly (8-12 days off, then 8-12 days on) which was bad enough. It finally calmed down at about 6m and then about 9m I stopped bleeding altogether. I think I would have given up months ago in your situation - give yourself a break and stop taking them. If you've been bleeding for months you may well be anaemic and you'll need time to recover. As for the risks of pregnancy as you say, you'll be bleeding for withdrawal anyway but you've been through the ringer, let your OH take up the flack for a while! Hope you feel better soon x

Thank you. I think I will be stopping it, I've made an appointment with my GP tomorrow as it really worried me how severe the pains were yesterday, they have eased a little today but still getting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->