certain of bfp...then af crashed the party..am i broken?

N27murray

Reaction score
Well I had a definite first today. I actually broke down in tears when AF showed. I was keeping my bfp hopes from dh because I wanted it to be a surprise but once he saw my tears I had to come clean.
he was so supportive and understanding of my feelings. I felt stupid for crying over getting my period but he reassured me it wasn't stupid at all.he then went on to tell me he's excited to get our family started. Everything is going so well for us that a baby is the next step for us to take. We talked a lot about it and we have now made the move from ntnp to TTC#1! THIS IS A HUGE DEAL.
we're still gonna keep it from family until we get bfp but we agreed its a good idea for me to make a Dr appt to see if there's something wrong. Also I'm going to start taking B6 and hope that helps.
we are both so excited about taking this baby journey to a more intense level. Lets just hope it doesn't take another 13 months...

any inspiring stories of ttc/ntnp a healthy couple that took much longer than expected but still ended up getting their bfp?
I could use the boost
thanks ladies. :)

Well I had a definite first today. I actually broke down in tears when AF showed. I was keeping my bfp hopes from dh because I wanted it to be a surprise but once he saw my tears I had to come clean.
he was so supportive and understanding of my feelings. I felt stupid for crying over getting my period but he reassured me it wasn't stupid at all.he then went on to tell me he's excited to get our family started. Everything is going so well for us that a baby is the next step for us to take. We talked a lot about it and we have now made the move from ntnp to TTC#1! THIS IS A HUGE DEAL.
we're still gonna keep it from family until we get bfp but we agreed its a good idea for me to make a Dr appt to see if there's something wrong. Also I'm going to start taking B6 and hope that helps.
we are both so excited about taking this baby journey to a more intense level. Lets just hope it doesn't take another 13 months...

any inspiring stories of ttc/ntnp a healthy couple that took much longer than expected but still ended up getting their bfp?
I could use the boost

Im with you friend, you are not alone. I had 4 faint positive tests, followed by negative and still no AF since October. I completely broke down this morning. I actually had someone laugh at me and tell me I was ridiculous, because "Theres always next month". F- these people. (excuse the language). People who dont have these issues DO NOT understand. Dealing with infertility issues is more than just about having a baby. Its very personal to each and every woman, its a piece of who we are as women, and its a very emotional journey. I just wanted to say you are not broken, and you are not alone. Dont give up hope. Im sure your BFP is just around the corner, just like mine. :hugs:

Thanks so much ..i hope you're right.
there's always next month, yes. But that doesn't help the fact that this month should've been it. I mean, how long are we supposed to wait? I'm sure you're just as tired of it as I am. How long have been ttc?

Thanks so much ..i hope you're right.
there's always next month, yes. But that doesn't help the fact that this month should've been it. I mean, how long are we supposed to wait? I'm sure you're just as tired of it as I am. How long have been ttc?

Actively trying about 6 months.... We also suffered a miscarriage in 2011, when we werent actively trying.I know its not very long compared to others, but I have a whole new perspective and so much compassion for those who have been trying for so long. I cannot even imagine going through this kind of heartbreak for years and years. I want to give every single woman that has gone through this a hug. I know, thats wierd. lol but its true.

I know I feel the same way. I was pretty naive before starting this journey.i thought unprotected sex once or twice could cause a pregnancy and that it was rare for it to take several months, let alone YEARS! I can't believe how little I knew and how disappointing ttc can be.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :(

Hiskhaleesi, who the F laughed at you?!!!! That is so Fing RUDE!!!! There's always next month???!! Oh yes there's always next month to go through it again!!!! Jeez. Idiots.

Hugs to you both xxx

N27, we were ntnp for years.. although I wasn't supposed to be able to have children according to docs so I didn't think anything of it. The second month of ttc I fell pregnant!

Baby dust your way xx

Oh wow, so what did you do differently when you made the switch? Any advice would be great
:)

I could use the boost

:hugs: you definitely had a very similar day to me. Good for you on taking the next step, hopefully it happens soon for you hun. Good for your DH as well, having someone there for you emotionally is amazing and I'm sure it made you feel better, lol when my DH saw me crying he actually screamed, he hates how obsessive I am about this whole process. Good luck to you TTC hun, hopefully you get your BFP soon!

Thank you for the support. Yeah I'm so glad dh handled it that way..i don't think I'd feel better about AF yet if it wasn't for his comfort. I know te obsessiveness you're talking about...i was really bad about a year ago, then tried to convince myself it would happen as soon as I stopped 'trying'. But how wrong was I?!

I'm sorry to hear your luck was no better than mine...heres to bfps next cycle.
so are you oncd1 now...how long are your cycles?

Thank you for the support. Yeah I'm so glad dh handled it that way..i don't think I'd feel better about AF yet if it wasn't for his comfort. I know te obsessiveness you're talking about...i was really bad about a year ago, then tried to convince myself it would happen as soon as I stopped 'trying'. But how wrong was I?!

I'm sorry to hear your luck was no better than mine...heres to bfps next cycle.
so are you oncd1 now...how long are your cycles?

I know what you mean, I tried to let nature take over, that definitely didn't work. Yup, CD 1 of a 29 day cycle, how about you?

Cd 1 of a (usually 25-27) day cycle....but this last one was 30 days! Never had one that long before.
because this one was so different I almost wonder if we caught the egg but my stupid hormones made my uterus start to break down so implantation couldn't occur. Is that even possible? Dh doesn't think so but said it can't hurt to find out more info...

I think it's great you are taking it to the next level. DH and I ntnp for a few years and it kind of crept up on us when we got to our mid 30's. I had one cycle I was sure we nailed it and like you I had a tear filled melt down when af came and we both decided to figure out what was going on and buckle down.

Taking charge of Your Fertility is a great book if you feel up to reading it. It explains ways to maximize your chances each month and when we implemented some of the suggestions we figured out very quickly why we weren't conceiving. You are both smart to go to the doctor just in case it's something that needs a little medical help. Some of us can't just wait and try each cycle as we have legitimate fertility issues and most of them can be helped successfully.

Don't lose hope and definitely don't feel like your broken. Broken means we can't be fixed...I like to think of myself as slightly fractured lol :wacko:

Lol slightly fractured is probably a nicer term :)
I've heard of that book
...i think I should read it.
so after you guys 'buckled down', how long did it take to conceive?

Hiskhaleesi, who the F laughed at you?!!!! That is so Fing RUDE!!!! There's always next month???!! Oh yes there's always next month to go through it again!!!! Jeez. Idiots.

Hugs to you both xxx

N27, we were ntnp for years.. although I wasn't supposed to be able to have children according to docs so I didn't think anything of it. The second month of ttc I fell pregnant!

Baby dust your way xx

Surprisingly someone I considered to be a friend, that was only part of some of the wonderful things she had to say to me when I reached out for support. Needless to say, we are no longer speaking. She told me I had no right to be upset because I already have two children (1 from a previous relationship, my husband and I share 1 child)(My massive health problems including cancer came shortly after she was born 6 years ago). She said that I was selfish and I didnt understand the heartbreak of not being able to have ANY children like some others do. While, I ABSOLUTELY sympathize with those women, I dont think the fact that I have two other children nullifies my right to feel pain and sadness. Just a side fact, this former "friend" of mine has been pregnant 6 times. Its easy to make judgements from the other side of the fence I guess. Im so glad you were able to get your BFP! Im trying to remain positive and hope mine will come soon as well.

I've heard of that book

Well it was a few months before I had all the tools in place to get my first bfp. I started using opk's (wondfo) but was confused because I had so many positive patches before af so I started charting my bbt.

After a couple of months of charting I figured out I had delayed ovulation and a short luteal phase so I started Vitex. I immediately fixed my ovulation issue the first cycle I started vitex and the 2nd cycle I used Vitex i got my first bfp! Sadly we lost it and a few more pregnancies (not enough room in my signature :cry:) because of my short luteal phase which i eventually helped with progesterone cream. I would say Vitex was the turning point of getting pregnant and only took 2 months. I wouldn't have know/thought to take it (or the progesterone cream) had I not charted and used opks for all the months prior though.

I've heard of that book

Well it was a few months before I had all the tools in place to get my first bfp. I started using opk's (wondfo) but was confused because I had so many positive patches before af so I started charting my bbt.

After a couple of months of charting I figured out I had delayed ovulation and a short luteal phase so I started Vitex. I immediately fixed my ovulation issue the first cycle I started vitex and the 2nd cycle I used Vitex i got my first bfp! Sadly we lost it and a few more pregnancies (not enough room in my signature :cry:) because of my short luteal phase which i eventually helped with progesterone cream. I would say Vitex was the turning point of getting pregnant and only took 2 months. I wouldn't have know/thought to take it (or the progesterone cream) had I not charted and used opks for all the months prior though.

Well that makes me have a little bit more hope. I have been taking Vitex for 3 weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->