Cervical mucus after birth control?!

obtenerunsixx

TTC a little Dragon baby!
Reaction score
Hey, guys! Got sort of a TMI question here. I was on BCP and then Nuvaring for a year and five months. I took out my last Nuvaring on August 27th. My September cycle was 32 days, which was consistent with my cycles before birth control (30 to 32 days). However, I only got some creamy CM and that's it. This cycle, I'm getting creamy CM (a little more than last month; sometimes I see it when I wipe or it comes out randomly, sorry!) but no egg white CM yet. Before birth control, I used to have a TON of egg white CM!

I'm supposed to ovulate either the 18th or 19th. Should I be getting egg white CM now? Should I expect to be getting fertile CM after birth control since my period seems to have already regulated? I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil for the last two cycles. It makes wish I'd conceived before birth control... :dohh: :growlmad:

I'm not 100% sure but who can say? Sometimes it takes a while for everything to go back to normal. Could be that you are ovulating earlier than you thought? Better dtd just in case.

Yeah, I was just wondering what other girls' experiences were coming off of birth control and how many months it took their cervical mucus to go back to normal. I would think that, since I always had a lot of egg white CM before, it should eventually come back. I'm not totally sure when I'm ovulating either (just what FertilityFriend told me). I'll definitely be using OPKs next month!

Hi there! :wave: Just to add my experience, I came off BCP's in May (after nearly 7 years on them,) and this current cycle and the last cycle is the first I've seen EWCM. We've only been TTC for two cycles but I definately noticed more fertile CM this time around than even last month. Not sure if my experience is standard, but it did take some time for my CM to come back.

Makes you wish they told you all this when they suggested BCP's in the first place!! Hope this helps :flower:

Thank you! :flower: I'm glad I'm not alone. I most likely have endometriosis, and I want to make sure everything else is in order to boost my fertility. I'm happy to know it might take several months, but my EWCM will return! LOL. :happydance: I just couldn't find anything online about this.

I know! There's so many side effects that affect TTC with birth control and no one tells you! I would have stopped taking them a long time ago to let my body get back to normal in plenty of time to concieve. Now I feel a bit nervous. But my cycles have finally leveled out and my CM is back so things are looking up :)

Hi thought I'd add my experiences! I only came off BCP in August but my CM has been pretty crazy since! I can't remember if I had much EWCM before BC as it was 10 years ago but since coming off BCP my CM has mainly been creamy! However last month about CD 28 I had a massive 'glob' (sorry TMI!) of EWCM that was massive and hadn't ever had anything like that before it really freaked me out!! Since then my cycles have been rreeallly long (44 days last one, currently CD 33 and still not ovulated!) so not sure what is going on... all I know is that BCP dries up CM (I read it in the leaflet the other day) so it probably takes a while for things to get back to normal!

It's so frustrating though isn't it!! I completely understand your pain as really want to crack on with TTC but my cycles are still wacky and not sure what my body is doing! Wish I had known as could have come off BCP ages ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->