Cervical Mucus and you're pregnancy

Kristin.K

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a question and was hoping one of you ladies has experienced this or has some insight... I should be about 7 weeks pregnant (1st doctors visit is in a week!). I've taken nervous pregnancy tests and got a BFP! Since I'm around 7 weeks, I'm near the time of me ovulating (if I wasn't pregnant). I'm kind of freaking out because I've had an increase in CM for the past few days and today. Today's was very watery. This happens to me when I'm ovulating. I'm being paranoid and I keep thinking I'm not pregnant anymore and that I'm ovulating. Has anyone experienced 'ovulation symptoms' and ovulation CM while being pregnant? Thanks on advance for your help :)

Increase in cm is very normal during pg. It can be just about any consistency, and changes throughout. It may seem like fertile cm because u get a surge of progesterone in early pg, the same as during ovulation. Nothing to worry about. :)

i have gotten alot of cm since the beginning of my pregnancy and i found out early, at 8dpo. it was crazy. i wear a pantiliner every day because im either spotting from some sort of activity with alot of cm or i just have alot of cm all by itself, but its normally only when i wipe. plus, the spotting was only twice, was tan and has never been pink or red.

ummm, also, the symptoms are very similar for me. i sometimes feel the pains i do on my period and i worry omg is my period starting but theres nothing in my pantiliner. other times if im sexually active, which is kinda rare now to be honest i dont like how being sexual causes spotting (it freaks me out so much so i just dont) but when i did, i'd have this intense feeling the way i get when i am on my period at its heaviest flow. its insane and its absolutely scary.

my midwife told me its very normal to spot pink or brown after such activity and sometimes out of no where and also i will experience menstrual-like cramping over the next month til my next appointment U/S as this will be my uterus growing.

Leukorrhea – a normal odourless milky discharge is quite common in pregnant women. It is a thick, white substance that indicates high amounts of oestrogen produced in the body. An increased production of this hormone indicates pregnancy. There's just a lot more of it now, partly because of increased oestrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area. This discharge is made up of secretions from the cervix and vagina, old cells from the walls of the vagina, and normal bacterial flora of the vagina. The cervical mucus during pregnancy becomes very much more slippery than usual.
If there's a lot of thin, clear discharge, it can be hard for you to tell if it's just mucus or if you're leaking amniotic fluid. If you have any doubt, contact your midwife or doctor.
To keep your genital area healthy, keep it clean, always wipe from front to back, and wear cotton underwear. Avoid tight pants, nylons, bubble bath, scented pads or toilet paper, feminine hygiene sprays, and scented or deodorant soaps. Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->